Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:31:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION  (Read 12016 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2011, 05:19:09 PM »

Um, no

You must be logged in to read this quote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2011, 05:20:44 PM »

Lots of people have independently come up with the idea of electing Pres and VP separately.
Jbrase is the first one I recall to propose letting the VP introduce legislation.

That's because all those bastards can somehow read my mind for years Wink
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2011, 05:29:36 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2011, 05:32:40 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

So to bring this matter to a conclusion, the answer to my question if you gave Trondheim the idea in 2008 that the President and Vice President should be elected separtely, is no.

Unless, of course, Trondheim read your mind in 2008, and I am not ruling out that possibility.  Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »

So to bring this matter to a conclusion, the answer to my question if you gave Trondheim the idea in 2008 that the President and Vice President should be elected separtely, is no.

Unless, of course, Trondheim read your mind in 2008, and I am not ruling out that possibility.  Smiley

I thing to said he couldn't read my mind would be understatement of his skills Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2011, 08:17:39 PM »

Please feel free to ask questions in this thread regarding the Presidential race.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2011, 08:29:57 PM »

Winfield,

Should the Senate remain in it's present form (5 at-large Senator and 5 elected by regions), or either all should be elected at-large or regionally?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2011, 09:25:25 PM »

I would like to address some social policy issues.

I stand behind the Atlasian National Healthcare Act.  I would like to ensure, however, that no Atlasians fall between the cracks.

Health care expenditures must be monitored carefully and brought into line to ensure that taxpayers are not getting gouged and ripped off by unscrupulous providers of goods and services to the health care industry.

I would like to look into a program that would provide for affordable daycare, not only for pre schoolers, but for school age children, say up to age twelve or thirteen, which I will call after school programs.  I would like to see so called latchkey kids have a healthy environment they can go to after school until their parents return home, so they do not have to go to an empty house and be alone.

Daycare for preschoolers should be educational and safe.  Daycares must be certified and meet standards so as to ensure that the most vulnerable in our society, young children, are safe and treated as young children should be.

After school programs for young people, for children say between the ages of six and twelve or thirteen, should be a place where these children can go after school until their parents or parent return home.  These programs could provide recreational activities for these young people, and an after school snack.

I would like to look into a seniors care program for those seniors who require one and cannot afford one, or are not being cared for by family members.  Seniors care facilities will have to meet stringent standards in order to ensure that these seniors are treated with respect and dignity and that their care meets necessary standards.  Seniors care facilities must not be permitted to take every last cent these seniors have.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2011, 10:50:01 PM »

Winfield,

Should the Senate remain in it's present form (5 at-large Senator and 5 elected by regions), or either all should be elected at-large or regionally?

Kalwejt

Thank you.  That is a very good question.  It goes directly to the subject of game reform and of keeping the game interesting. 

Personally, I like the general idea, overall, of having regional Senators and at-large Senators serving in the Atlasian Senate.  I do not see any harm in having this mix.  All Senators, after all, should have the best interests of Atlasia at heart. 

Presumably, the regional Senators will take the requests of their particular constituents to the floor of the Senate if someone from their region would like to see a particular bill debated and voted on.  Having regional Senators, I believe, simplifies the process somewhat, as members of a particular region have a Senator who they know they can go to for matters of concern to them, and that can be dealt with in the Senate.

I am also of the belief that with a group of independently thinking individuals in the Senate, whether at-large Senators or regional Senators, or a combination thereof, you are going to have lively and spirited differences of opinion and, at times, a certain amount of contention, one with another, although, my hope is that this can be kept to a minimum, and, at the end of the day, that all will be working for what they believe is right for Atlasia.

Having said that, I do realize that there have been various proposals put forward for Senate reform, and I would certainly be willing to entertain any proposal that comes across my desk.  I am not averse to change when I believe it is for the better.

Thank you for that very good question, and I trust my answer has been of some help.   
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 12:55:34 AM »

As President, I will introduce a full employment strategy, the aim of which will be to create an economic environment in which Atlasians from all backgrounds will be able to thrive and prosper.  Meaningful employment provides individuals with a sense of self worth and with the ability to realize their goals and their potential.

The right to employment will foster an environment in which the economic rights of all citizens are respected.

Technological advances over the past 20 years has changed the face of employment in the world and in Atlasia.  Therefore, starting at the earliest levels, our education system must ensure that our children learn and are taught to become capable of coping in a technologically advanced society.  This is part of the full employment strategy, going into the next generation.

Technology is advancing rapidly, and as President, I intend that some of the brightest minds in Atlasia will identify emerging technologies in order to prepare a new generation of Atlasians will be prepared in these fields.  These new technologies will be providing millions of new jobs in the future, and I intend that Atlasians will be prepared.

A shortage of skilled workers in the trades is an ongoing problem.  As President, I will create and expand programs to ensure that Atlasia has adequate skilled and trained workers in the trades, i.e. plumbers, electrctians, carpenters, mechanics, masons, builders, etc.  Skilled workers in the trades will always be required and an effective training program will work towards ensuring that skilled workers in these fields will be available.

Small and medium sized businesses are the greatest job creators.  As President, I will work to create an environment in which these business can grow and thrive, thereby growing these organizations, enabling them to expand, prosper, and hire new employees.  I will institute programs which will provide comprehensive training and strategies for those wishing and intending to establish small businesses, in order to minimize their chances of failure.

The education and training of the individual is key to these full employment strategies.  Therefore, my education and training programs will be built around ensuring that our children and youth receive the best education and training possible in order that they will be prepared to thrive in a fast paced and ever changing world.   

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2011, 06:45:29 AM »

As much as I love Duke, you're conducting a very active and concrete campaign, when he's yet to select his running-mate.

2nd preference.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »

Atlasia is such a confusing place sometimes, but I'm not surprised I lost you, Kal. Still disappointed though that you didn't give the election season time to play out. Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »

Duke, I'm sorry, but Winfield displayed so far a genuine desire to be elected and serve as President, and in my eyes that counts a lot.

And I really hate to make choices like this, when people I like and respect are running.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2011, 06:31:04 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2011, 07:04:06 PM by Senator Duke »

I get it, Kal. No need to explain or apologize. I will say, in my defense, I had been answering questions all through last week. No one asked me anything for a while, so I think it is a bit unfair to blame me. My office is always open. But I see what you mean even though I couldn't disagree more.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2011, 07:46:36 PM »

As much as I love Duke, you're conducting a very active and concrete campaign, when he's yet to select his running-mate.

2nd preference.

Thank you Kalwejt.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2011, 10:24:36 PM »

Further to my pledge to implement a full employment strategy for Atlasia, and to bring about educational reforms to ensure our students are prepared to face an ever advancing and an ever changing world, at this time I wish to discuss an important matter related to the educational aspect of this proposal, school safety.

Our schools must be as safe and as sceure as possible in order to ensure that our students are free to pursue their education and school activities without fear of violence, intimidation, or bullying.  While I fully recognize that violence in schools will never be completely eliminated, at the same time, school violence can be minimized by taking common sense steps to achieve this goal.

Behaviors such as bullying and hitting often start at a young age and may continue into young adulthood. Youth violence can often lead to serious injury or death.

Any amount of violence is unacceptable. Parents, teachers, and administrators expect schools to be safe havens of learning. Acts of violence can disrupt the learning process and have a negative effect on students, the school itself, and the broader community.

Sexual violence begins early in life.  Most victims do not tell friends and family about the abuse and suffer alone. Those who do disclose the violence may be stigmatized by friends, family, and their community.

Suicide is a serious public health problem that affects even young people. For youth and young adults between the ages of 10 and 24, suicide is the third leading cause of death. It results in approximately 4,300 lives lost each year.

As President, I shall be implementing an extensive training, information, and awareness program for administrators, teachers and students alike, conducted by experts in these various fields, discussing the above issues, and the best ways to avoid them.

I shall be establishing school health guidelines, designed to prevent unintentional injuries and violence. Guidelines promote safety and teach students the skills needed to prevent injuries and violence. They will be designed for all grade levels and provide support for a coordinated school health program, and will be implemented by experts in this field.

I shall also be establishing a school health index, which is a self-assessment and planning tool that enables schools to identify strengths and weaknesses of health and safety policies and programs, develops an action plan for improving student health and safety, and involves teachers, parents, students, and the community in improving school services.

Each year, emergency departments treat more than 200,000 children ages 14 and younger for playground-related injuries. I shall be implementing an extensive program about playground risks, and how to avoid severe injuries associated with playgrounds.

A child can take a spill, knock his or her head, and get a concussion in any number of school settings ranging from the hallway, the playground, the cafeteria, and beyond.  As President, I shall implement a program, developed for professionals working with grades K-12, to help principals, school nurses, teachers or other school professionals identify and respond to concussions in an array of school settings.

Where necessary or where felt required, schools shall have the authority to implement a lock down procedure to more adequately ensure student and faculty safety.  Schools shall as well have the authority to implement a procedure where students must pass through a detector on their way into school to detect any weapons they may be carrying, which shall be confiscated.   
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2011, 11:05:33 PM »

Sorry I haven't been very active lately, been really busy on campus.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2016, 12:33:41 PM by Lincoln Republican »

I would like to have the federal government work with the regional governments to examine in depth the advantages of implementing a policy of having school uniforms for K-12.

Outlined below are some of the major benefits of school uniforms.  I believe that school uniforms will have a tremendous benefit for students in Atlasia for the reasons following.

Local school boards and schools will have the authority to choose their own school uniforms, within specified perameters.      

The benefits of school uniforms have been argued for years. The benefits outlined below are the main points raised in surveys when asking what the benefits of school uniforms are.

School uniforms promote unity and community in a school. By being easily identifiable, students can be accountable for their actions in and out of school hours. Usually students will remain better behaved when they are in school uniform.Another benefits of school uniforms is that parents are not pressured to constantly hand over money to their children for the latest and greatest brands of clothing, which as we all know are more often than not ridiculously priced compared to the average cost of school uniforms.

More benefits of school uniforms including government financial support for parents who may struggle with the cost of school uniforms. Governments are not going to reimburse parents for cost of non-school uniform clothing.

School uniforms make a safer school environment, there is no doubt about that. This is possibly the major one of the benefits of school uniforms. Students are not under threat of having their expensive shoes and clothes stolen on the way to and from school. Also students cannot congregate into "gang colors" which often happens in schools where there are no uniforms.

Another one of the benefits of school uniforms is easily spotting a member of the public who may illegally wander on to the school grounds, possibly endangering students. Uniformed students will easily make strangers stand out.

Benefits of school uniforms include students concentrating more on school work and not on what they are wearing. Students of teenage years are in their most influential years and will go to great lengths to impress their friends with the latest brands of clothing. Having a uniform eliminates this behavior at school and allows students to focus on their work, not on their fashion.

Many studies have shown that students with high self esteem perform better in school by eliminating a reason to feel self-conscious, uniforms can help improve children's self-confidence and may lead to greater class participation which is only a good thing.

The benefits of school uniforms outweigh the negatives by a long margin. It can be plainly seen that students perform better when a uniform policy is present.

All school uniforms would be age appropriate.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2011, 08:11:58 PM »

Governor Winfield,

What are your thoughts on the secession of Georgia from Atlasia?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2011, 08:33:32 PM »

Governor Winfield,

First of all, show me the legislation or constitutional authority granting Georgia, or any other state in the Imperial Dominion of the South, to legally secede from the region and or from Atlasia.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2011, 08:39:12 PM »

Governor Winfield,

First of all, show me the legislation or constitutional authority granting Georgia, or any other state in the Imperial Dominion of the South, to legally secede from the region and or from Atlasia.
Force of Arms.  Specifically, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2011, 09:02:43 PM »

Governor Winfield,

Force of Arms.  Specifically, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Smiley

So what you are saying, in reality, is that Georgia, nor any other other state in the Imperial Dominion of the South, has any authority, constitutionally, or in law, to secede.

The secession of Georgia, therefore, is not recognized, and in actuality, does not therefore exist.

You brought up the force of arms issue, therefore, one can only assume that the government of the Imperial Dominion of the South has the option of using force of arms to maintain the unity of the region, should they decide to do so.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »

Governor Winfield,

So what you are saying, in reality, is that Georgia, nor any other other state in the Imperial Dominion of the South, has any authority, constitutionally, or in law, to secede.

The secession of Georgia, therefore, is not recognized, and in actuality, does not therefore exist.

You brought up the force of arms issue, therefore, one can only assume that the government of the Imperial Dominion of the South has the option of using force of arms to maintain the unity of the region, should they decide to do so.
My point is that the only "laws" enforceable on the forum are Dave's.  Lighten up Wink
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2011, 09:12:53 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2011, 09:18:33 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

Governor Winfield,

Force of Arms.  Specifically, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Smiley

My point is that the only "laws" enforceable on the forum are Dave's.  Lighten up Wink

I was simply responding to the inquiry, using reason and logic.  Nothing personal.  Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »

As President, I will work for instituting a policy of school uniforms throughout Atlasia for all grades K-12.  Outlined below are some of the major benefits of school uniforms.  I believe that school uniforms will have a tremendous benefit for students in Atlasia for the reasons following.

Local school boards and schools will have the authority to choose their own school uniforms, within specified perameters.       

The benefits of school uniforms have been argued for years. The benefits outlined below are the main points raised in surveys when asking what the benefits of school uniforms are.

School uniforms promote unity and community in a school. By being easily identifiable, students can be accountable for their actions in and out of school hours. Usually students will remain better behaved when they are in school uniform.Another benefits of school uniforms is that parents are not pressured to constantly hand over money to their children for the latest and greatest brands of clothing, which as we all know are more often than not ridiculously priced compared to the average cost of school uniforms.

More benefits of school uniforms including government financial support for parents who may struggle with the cost of school uniforms. Governments are not going to reimburse parents for cost of non-school uniform clothing.

School uniforms make a safer school environment; there is no doubt about that. This is possibly the major one of the benefits of school uniforms. Students are not under threat of having their expensive shoes and clothes stolen on the way to and from school. Also students cannot congregate into "gang colors" which often happens in schools where there are no uniforms.

Another one of the benefits of school uniforms is easily spotting a member of the public who may illegally wander on to the school grounds, possibly endangering students. Uniformed students will easily make strangers stand out.

Benefits of school uniforms include students concentrating more on school work and not on what they are wearing. Students of teenage years are in their most influential years and will go to great lengths to impress their friends with the latest brands of clothing.Having a uniform eliminates this behavior at school and allows students to focus on their work, not on their fashion.

Many studies have shown that students with high self esteem perform better in school by eliminating a reason to feel self-conscious; uniforms can help improve children's self-confidence and may lead to greater class participation which is only a good thing.

The benefits of school uniforms outweigh the negatives by a long margin.It can be plainly seen that students perform better when a uniform policy is present.

I hope that first sentence means you won't be trying to pass this as a federal law, but will instead work to get the regions to pass this? Wink
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2011, 09:27:34 PM »

As President, I will work for instituting a policy of school uniforms throughout Atlasia for all grades K-12.  Outlined below are some of the major benefits of school uniforms.  I believe that school uniforms will have a tremendous benefit for students in Atlasia for the reasons following.

School uniforms make a safer school environment; there is no doubt about that. This is possibly the major one of the benefits of school uniforms. Students are not under threat of having their expensive shoes and clothes stolen on the way to and from school. Also students cannot congregate into "gang colors" which often happens in schools where there are no uniforms.

Benefits of school uniforms include students concentrating more on school work and not on what they are wearing. Students of teenage years are in their most influential years and will go to great lengths to impress their friends with the latest brands of clothing.Having a uniform eliminates this behavior at school and allows students to focus on their work, not on their fashion.

Many studies have shown that students with high self esteem perform better in school by eliminating a reason to feel self-conscious; uniforms can help improve children's self-confidence and may lead to greater class participation which is only a good thing.

The benefits of school uniforms outweigh the negatives by a long margin.It can be plainly seen that students perform better when a uniform policy is present.

I hope that first sentence means you won't be trying to pass this as a federal law, but will instead work to get the regions to pass this? Wink

Indeed.  That is why I did not say that as President I would present a bill to accomplish this.

By the way, what are your views on school uniforms?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies