Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:52:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION  (Read 12107 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: September 05, 2011, 12:19:52 AM »

Is there anyway to prove that someone edited their vote within the first two minutes, since it doesn't record that at the bottom of the post?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 04:48:15 PM »

Is there anyway to prove that someone edited their vote within the first two minutes, since it doesn't record that at the bottom of the post?

If nothing is recorded at the bottom of the post, then for purposes of the official record, there is no editing that has taken place.  Besides, it would be impossible for someone to see there is a vote they want changed or invalidated, send a PM to someone pressuring them to change or invalidate their vote, have the recipient see they have a PM and read it, have the recipient change or invalidate their vote, all within two minutes.

Then you aren't eliminating the modification period, just reducing it to two minutes. And if all you can do is reduce it, then such a change should take into account slower connection speeds, because otherwise those with faster connections will always be able to modify and those with slower ones may get screwed out of their votes by a few seconds.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 05:48:18 PM »

Perhaps you shouldn't assume stuff. Preview often jams my connection.

Winfield, the problem here is you are using the wrong approach to protect the almighty vote and in so doing you are putting the innocent voter who just happens to not be able to afford a higher speed internet connection at an unfair disadvantage when it comes to voting. I have a notoriously crappy internet connection. My posts get messed up all the time because of it. Usually the times when it does this, is also the worst time to be quickly navigating pages (delays modification), or trying to use an interactive feature (Like preview). Do I just not vote if this happens to occur when I try to vote?

If you want to prevent intimidation, go after the intimidator, not the voter.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »

As President, I will work for instituting a policy of school uniforms throughout Atlasia for all grades K-12.  Outlined below are some of the major benefits of school uniforms.  I believe that school uniforms will have a tremendous benefit for students in Atlasia for the reasons following.

Local school boards and schools will have the authority to choose their own school uniforms, within specified perameters.       

The benefits of school uniforms have been argued for years. The benefits outlined below are the main points raised in surveys when asking what the benefits of school uniforms are.

School uniforms promote unity and community in a school. By being easily identifiable, students can be accountable for their actions in and out of school hours. Usually students will remain better behaved when they are in school uniform.Another benefits of school uniforms is that parents are not pressured to constantly hand over money to their children for the latest and greatest brands of clothing, which as we all know are more often than not ridiculously priced compared to the average cost of school uniforms.

More benefits of school uniforms including government financial support for parents who may struggle with the cost of school uniforms. Governments are not going to reimburse parents for cost of non-school uniform clothing.

School uniforms make a safer school environment; there is no doubt about that. This is possibly the major one of the benefits of school uniforms. Students are not under threat of having their expensive shoes and clothes stolen on the way to and from school. Also students cannot congregate into "gang colors" which often happens in schools where there are no uniforms.

Another one of the benefits of school uniforms is easily spotting a member of the public who may illegally wander on to the school grounds, possibly endangering students. Uniformed students will easily make strangers stand out.

Benefits of school uniforms include students concentrating more on school work and not on what they are wearing. Students of teenage years are in their most influential years and will go to great lengths to impress their friends with the latest brands of clothing.Having a uniform eliminates this behavior at school and allows students to focus on their work, not on their fashion.

Many studies have shown that students with high self esteem perform better in school by eliminating a reason to feel self-conscious; uniforms can help improve children's self-confidence and may lead to greater class participation which is only a good thing.

The benefits of school uniforms outweigh the negatives by a long margin.It can be plainly seen that students perform better when a uniform policy is present.

I hope that first sentence means you won't be trying to pass this as a federal law, but will instead work to get the regions to pass this? Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:33:13 PM »

I am still against the idea, but now that I am out of High School, I am more open to listening to the arguements in favor of it than before. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 01:07:30 AM »
« Edited: September 27, 2011, 01:17:05 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Well atleast he has more then "nein nein nein" Grin

I just pissed off a bunch of a Cain fans by saying that.

Edit: But considering he has said "people need to learn how to take a joke", maybe not. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies