Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:36:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION  (Read 12058 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: September 05, 2011, 07:04:06 PM »

ENDORSED
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 11:30:22 PM »

Combat "global warming"?  I thought everybody and their grandmother decided it was now "climate change"!

Besides entertaining a myth, the list is pretty good.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 11:44:55 PM »

Combat "global warming"?  I thought everybody and their grandmother decided it was now "climate change"!

Besides entertaining a myth, the list is pretty good.

Sigh... but yes, climate change is what it should be referred to, because that its WHAT IT IS Tongue

That was mostly the point I was making.
Although it should be pointed out that this year's weather patterns were shockingly similar to 1936.  Massive hick killing tornadoes and record breaking heat waves all. Wink
My argument isn't "oh look the climate never changes!!!!" Far from it, the climate does change.  IT CHANGES A LOT MORE THAN PEOPLE GIVE IT CREDIT FOR.  Whether it's man made or not I don't give a sh*t.  But it happens.

I look at this list and I like it.  I believe it is a great list for people to reduce energy costs and conserve energy.  What I don't believe is that following this list will prevent "end times" like scenarios.  That is inevitable.
Something a lot of people are just going to accept is that you can't combat climate change.  It's going to happen whether we like it or not.  Not smoking cigarettes isn't going to make the climate any more stable than smoking 3 packs a day.  Riding a bike (which I frankly have no idea how to) instead of driving a Hummer to work isn't going to stop your city from having one summer where the temperature is above 100 degrees Farenheit for a month straight.

Whether or not climate change ends up killing us is something that can't be stopped.  Frankly I love the extreme winters Oklahoma has been having for the past few years.  However, my biggest gripe about this whole "climate change" conscientious craze isn't that "OMG the climate is changing we're going to die" (because to give some people credit something like a supervolcanic eruption in Wyoming COULD KILL US ALL) but this whole idea that through feel good marketing and buying products that say "GREEN" on them we are preventing the inevitable.  Hell, let's hope that climate change ends up killing us instead of global thermonuclear war.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 06:14:29 PM »

This speech only confirmed my intentions to give you highest preference outside of my party.

How about highest preference regardless of party?  Smiley

Well, there are some major difference between us, like flat tax Sad

What are you talking about?

Winfield just proved that the monkier of "Me-Too" Republicanism by accepting progressive income taxation of people who make more than $5 million at 60% of their income!  WITHOUT LOOPHOLES!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 09:58:25 PM »

I admit to finding the Flat Tax insanity.

However, I find the idea of taxing anybody half or more of their income to be equally insane.

So where do I stand?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies