Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:42:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION  (Read 12118 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: September 09, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »

Winfield, I wonder if you have any ideas for reforming the Vice Presidency, an issue that was debated many times without any results.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »

An idea I think would be interesting for the vice presidency that I have been thinking about lately is having the office elected separate from the Presidential race

You're stealing my ideas Angry
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 04:41:11 PM »

Kalwejt, did you give Trondheim the idea back in 2008 to hold separate elections for President and Vice President?  He was using this idea almost three years ago.

Trondheim also states this issue was discussed once before in Atlasia, years ago, evidently meaning years before 2008.

Obviously, I was around in 2008 Tongue

I'm impressed by time you took to dig an ancient post from almost three years ago.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 05:19:09 PM »

Um, no

You must be logged in to read this quote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 05:20:44 PM »

Lots of people have independently come up with the idea of electing Pres and VP separately.
Jbrase is the first one I recall to propose letting the VP introduce legislation.

That's because all those bastards can somehow read my mind for years Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »

So to bring this matter to a conclusion, the answer to my question if you gave Trondheim the idea in 2008 that the President and Vice President should be elected separtely, is no.

Unless, of course, Trondheim read your mind in 2008, and I am not ruling out that possibility.  Smiley

I thing to said he couldn't read my mind would be understatement of his skills Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 08:29:57 PM »

Winfield,

Should the Senate remain in it's present form (5 at-large Senator and 5 elected by regions), or either all should be elected at-large or regionally?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 06:45:29 AM »

As much as I love Duke, you're conducting a very active and concrete campaign, when he's yet to select his running-mate.

2nd preference.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »

Duke, I'm sorry, but Winfield displayed so far a genuine desire to be elected and serve as President, and in my eyes that counts a lot.

And I really hate to make choices like this, when people I like and respect are running.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 11:03:29 PM »

This speech only confirmed my intentions to give you highest preference outside of my party.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »

This speech only confirmed my intentions to give you highest preference outside of my party.

How about highest preference regardless of party?  Smiley

Well, there are some major difference between us, like flat tax Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 06:29:57 PM »

How about highest preference regardless of party?  Smiley

Well, there are some major difference between us, like flat tax Sad

What are you talking about?

Winfield just proved that the monkier of "Me-Too" Republicanism by accepting progressive income taxation of people who make more than $5 million at 60% of their income!  WITHOUT LOOPHOLES!

Ups, I admitt, I haven't read this before.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »

Anyway, just to clarify, Snowguy and me were friends and political allies for a quite lot of time, and he's my first choice, which is not going to change. However, you made a great impression on me both as extraordinary active Governor of Northeast, as well as a presidential candidate. I'm sorry 2nd is all I can give you at this point but even if you're not elected President now, I certainly hope I'd be able to support you in federal politics in future.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 01:52:03 PM »

That's your job, after all Grin
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 06:30:25 AM »

Winfield, you ran an extraordinary campaign and your activity was a great contribution to this game. I really hope you're going to stay active and that I'll be able to support you in your futher political adventures Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies