shua for Mideast Senator! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:58:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  shua for Mideast Senator! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: shua for Mideast Senator!  (Read 9355 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: October 03, 2011, 12:27:03 AM »

Glad to see we see eye to eye on a tax plan!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 12:55:23 AM »

In the plan before the senate, I do not think it addresses deductions and other loopholes, hence my opposition to JBrase's amendment lowering the rates to where they are. If the bill was truly a tax reform bill as opposed to basic reduction, I would be singing a different tune. What I want to avoid is creating a large deficit in leu of the tax reductions. I think reforming the code by cutting out all the loopholes will not cause strain on the budget because it will broaden the overall tax base, especially if we do the same with corporations, and we will not see much of an effect in tax revenue. It is likely we would see an increase in revenue.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »

Exactly. Cutting back deliver to three days a week will basically make the mail service irrelevant in day to day business. Can you imagine important documents which are still mailed these days having to wait an extra day to arrive because the Post Office was stripped? It is true it is in bad fiscal shape, but it isn't an impossible task to fix without cutting out half of its delivery days.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies