SENATE BILL: Another Simultaneous Elections Amendment (Sent to regions) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:10:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Another Simultaneous Elections Amendment (Sent to regions) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Another Simultaneous Elections Amendment (Sent to regions)  (Read 1502 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 10, 2011, 05:15:49 PM »

Looks like the fatal flaw in the last amendment was fixed. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 10:25:04 PM »

Does that mean you'll support it this time?

Yes, unless I am missing something horrible in here. I don't really see the point in moving the election a week earlier in 1/7th of December instances, but it is perhaps the most inoffensive change conceivable. The benefit of passing this amendment cannot be understated.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 04:07:03 AM »

Does that mean you'll support it this time?

Yes, unless I am missing something horrible in here. I don't really see the point in moving the election a week earlier in 1/7th of December instances, but it is perhaps the most inoffensive change conceivable. The benefit of passing this amendment cannot be understated.

I'm not sure what you mean regarding December. We already have it in the second weekend (and not second-to-last weekend). This is done to avoid having an election during the Holidays when nobody is here.

It's currently the second Thursday, but this would change it to the Thursday before the second Friday. In Decembers where the first day is a Friday (next one will be 2017), this amendment would move the election a week earlier. It is a very minor change, but still a change.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies