NFL 2011 Season Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:22:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  NFL 2011 Season Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season Discussion  (Read 47147 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: December 12, 2011, 06:46:01 PM »

Such a great football day.

Texans clinch playoff spot and division title, with game-winning drive by third-string QB, who honestly looks about as good as our former starter.

Cowboys completely choke 12-point lead in last 6 minutes, and let their kicker get iced again.

Beautiful.  Nothing more to say.

haha wow.  I shut the game off after the Romo bomb TD with 6 to play.  this is bad for the Jets, I was hoping for an essentially eliminated 6-8 Giants team with a lame duck Coughlin on Christmas Eve... instead it's going to have to be more interesting than that.  this will easily be the most interesting Jet-Giant game of my lifetime.

We can handle the Giants. We have more to play for.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #426 on: December 12, 2011, 07:01:02 PM »

There's nothing I can really say about the Cowboys.  The need a defense bad.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #427 on: December 12, 2011, 07:12:28 PM »

There's nothing I can really say about the Cowboys.  The need a defense bad.

I second that.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #428 on: December 12, 2011, 10:55:35 PM »

Texans clinch playoff spot and division title, with game-winning drive by third-string QB, who honestly looks about as good as our former starter.

Cowboys completely choke 12-point lead in last 6 minutes, and let their kicker get iced again.

haha wow.  I shut the game off after the Romo bomb TD with 6 to play.  this is bad for the Jets, I was hoping for an essentially eliminated 6-8 Giants team with a lame duck Coughlin on Christmas Eve... instead it's going to have to be more interesting than that.  this will easily be the most interesting Jet-Giant game of my lifetime.

Jets aren't going to be able to last in a shoot out against the Giants.  Jason Pierre-Paul will eat Sanchez for lunch.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #429 on: December 13, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »

Jets aren't going to be able to last in a shoot out against the Giants.  Jason Pierre-Paul will eat Sanchez for lunch.

Our o line is playing well, with Tom Moore the Giants will lose by at least 10.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #430 on: December 13, 2011, 03:50:40 PM »

25,000 Eagles Fans Chanting "Let's Go Eagles" in Miami
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #431 on: December 13, 2011, 07:10:45 PM »

Here's a coaching carousel question to pose:  Will Defensive Coordinator Rob Ryan of the Dallas Cowboys survive the offseason?  The Cowboys defense is porous.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #432 on: December 13, 2011, 08:24:35 PM »

Cowboys defense is awful, but it's still better than it was last year.  They need to stop pretending they are talented and actually improve the roster.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #433 on: December 13, 2011, 11:22:04 PM »

Certainly don't like to see the Birds lose, but what does winning accomplish at this point...with the birds needing to win out and have both NY and Dallas crap the bed...just to get a berth...never say never sure...but given how unlikely this season is to end with anything of championship consquence, lets get going to the real work at hand.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #434 on: December 14, 2011, 12:50:22 AM »

Cowboys defense is awful, but it's still better than it was last year.  They need to stop pretending they are talented and actually improve the roster.

I agree with you on both points.  I think a change definitely has to come from the DC.  Blitzing nearly every down against the Giants with our secondary being the wet tissue paper that it is burned us more than it burned them.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #435 on: December 14, 2011, 10:30:05 PM »

Our o line is playing well, with Tom Moore the Giants will lose by at least 10.

The online hasn't face Pierre-Paul and no way can Sanchez hold in a shoot out against Manning.

As a side note pretty amazing 4 QB's are on pace to throw 5,000 yards this year.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #436 on: December 14, 2011, 11:43:35 PM »

Certainly don't like to see the Birds lose, but what does winning accomplish at this point...with the birds needing to win out and have both NY and Dallas crap the bed...just to get a berth...never say never sure...but given how unlikely this season is to end with anything of championship consquence, lets get going to the real work at hand.

Yeah, it probably would make more sense to just take it and move on. I can never seem to give up the ghost though and with our recent draft record, does it matter where we end up anyway?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #437 on: December 18, 2011, 02:28:05 PM »

What has happened to the Packers? Has the loss of Greg Jennings hurt them that bad?  And, the Giants seemed to have used up a lot of energy in Dallas and have managed to fall behind 17-3 to Washington at halftime.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #438 on: December 18, 2011, 02:34:11 PM »

Nice to see the Chiefs standing strong, even though it probably won't last. Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #439 on: December 18, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »

Nice to see the Chiefs standing strong, even though it probably won't last. Wink

It should be 21-0 Chiefs with drives that close to the goal line, but they left 15 points on the table.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #440 on: December 18, 2011, 04:10:23 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2011, 05:14:12 PM by A Very Merry Bushie Christmas! »

I have a word for the Packers...  Huh?

I have a word for the Colts... Careful...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #441 on: December 18, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »

Wow! Smiley Smiley Smiley

It's a great day to be a Chiefs fan. We would have been dangerous this year if we hadn't had so many injuries.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #442 on: December 18, 2011, 04:12:38 PM »

Awesome, four underdog victories so far today (if WAS-NYG can be counted as such). Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #443 on: December 18, 2011, 04:20:15 PM »

Awesome, four underdog victories so far today (if WAS-NYG can be counted as such). Smiley

I think it can because the Giants controlled their own destiny to the division crown (and really still do, but the margin for error is gone).  I said this before, but if the Jets can beat the Giants next week and Dallas can beat Philly, then it would make the rematch in Jersey meaningless and Dallas will likely have the privilege of hosting the Atlanta Falcons in the first round.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #444 on: December 18, 2011, 04:30:39 PM »

I think it can because the Giants controlled their own destiny to the division crown (and really still do, but the margin for error is gone).  I said this before, but if the Jets can beat the Giants next week and Dallas can beat Philly, then it would make the rematch in Jersey meaningless and Dallas will likely have the privilege of hosting the Atlanta Falcons in the first round.

Indeed, the Giants had a lot riding on this game. I just thought that counting this game equally understates the magnitude of the victory of the Colts, of the defeat of the Packers, or of the Panthers taking down the Texans.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #445 on: December 18, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »

Why are the talking heads freaking out over the Packers defense when the offense looked just as bad.  The Packers have a decent defense, but that's not what is getting them their wins.

And Patriots defense (or lack thereof)  is what is going to keep them from doing anything in the playoffs.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #446 on: December 18, 2011, 04:44:38 PM »

Why are the talking heads freaking out over the Packers defense when the offense looked just as bad.  The Packers have a decent defense, but that's not what is getting them their wins.

And Patriots defense (or lack thereof)  is what is going to keep them from doing anything in the playoffs.

Really, the Chiefs only had one touchdown. The Chiefs looked like the Broncos or the 49ers out there today; little offense & loads of defense.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #447 on: December 18, 2011, 04:47:56 PM »

Ok, that's three words.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #448 on: December 18, 2011, 05:01:37 PM »

Really, this loss is the best thing that could have happened to Green Bay.  It gets the perfect monkey off their backs and now they can focus on going deep in the playoffs and winning a second straight Super Bowl.  I think the 18-0 record was one thing that haunted the 2007-2008 Patriots.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #449 on: December 18, 2011, 05:09:08 PM »

These are the Eagles we all know and love...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies