Obama's speech downgraded 9/11 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:14:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama's speech downgraded 9/11 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's speech downgraded 9/11  (Read 2391 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: September 12, 2011, 09:20:02 AM »

CJK, by writing an list of petty grievances like this, you've done the exact same thing as Krugman. You've taken a day that's supposed to be about what happened 10 years ago and twisted it into some kind of political statement. 9/11 is something that all Americans ought to be able to look at in a non-partisan, non-political fashion. The president's speech, like it or not (and I suspect your problem is more him and less the speech) wasn't in poor taste and wasn't political. It's intentionally vague so as not to be political.

Any time I read a conservative post like this, I remember something a very liberal professor of mine once told me. We had to read some absurd feminist book about how "mammals" are only called that because Linnaeus was obsessed with breasts and write an essay about it. I ruthlessly ripped the author apart. The professor gave me an A- and told me it would have been higher except for one thing: I did the exact same thing as the author. I was unfair in my criticisms and I knew it.

I think you've just done the same here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies