The Official CNN/Tea Party Express Debate Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:43:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official CNN/Tea Party Express Debate Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19
Author Topic: The Official CNN/Tea Party Express Debate Discussion Thread  (Read 22474 times)
redcommander
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: September 12, 2011, 08:53:28 PM »

RICK PERRY THINKS HIS WIFE IS BEAUTIFUL AND SEXY AND REALLY LIKES TO PUT HIS PENIS ON HER VAGINA.

But he never puts it in. Wink
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #401 on: September 12, 2011, 08:54:02 PM »

Cain: I'm going to bring some humor to the White House because America is too damn uptight.

Easily the best line of the night.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #402 on: September 12, 2011, 08:54:27 PM »

Wolf: You're not debating.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #403 on: September 12, 2011, 08:54:57 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2011, 08:59:45 PM by Politico »

My prediction: Bachmann and Santorum, who I thought was a goner but not yet, are going to eat away at some of Perry's support after this.

You can always count on folks coming to their senses eventually, though. In order to ensure Obama's loss, Romney will still win this nomination...but he might be forced to stick Perry on the bottom of the ticket to placate the radicals.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #404 on: September 12, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »

sh**ttiest debate? There were so many valid questions that could have been asked, and they weren't. They went into immigration again to repeat the same exact points when they could have looked at education, or drugs, or discrimination, or how Rick Santorum had sex with a Belarusian rentboy, or human trafficking, or religious monuments in public areas. Do something new for a change.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #405 on: September 12, 2011, 08:55:10 PM »

1. Romney
2. Santorum
3. Huntsman
4. Paul (was #2 until that last question on 9/11)
5. Bachmann
6. Perry
7. Cain
8. Gingrich
9. The Audience
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #406 on: September 12, 2011, 08:55:30 PM »

Quite impressed with Bachmann tonight.

I was too.  And with Santorum.   And with Paul.  

This debate has been the best one so far, imho.  The top two have been weakened, Romney by his nuance, and Perry by is bravado.  Not that I don't like them.  I'd vote for a Romney/Perry ticket, and possibly even for a Perry/Romney ticket.  But this debate seems to have strengthened the weaker nominees and taken the frontrunners down a notch.

And that's what the GOP needs.  We have a penchant for strong, decisive, and confident leaders.  Leaders who never question their pre-conceived notions.

(This sh**t they're doing now is silly and irrelevant, so I'll exploit the opportunity to say something intelligent.  It's a CNN thing, no matter the moderator, and no matter whether it's a general or primary election debate.  Let them do it.  We'll use the chance to talk.  Joan Rivers style.)

What they're doing tonight is confusing the GOP.  Each party has its weaknesses.  With the Republicans, that weakness is fat-headedness.  Once in a while we need a debate which forces us to rethink.  

None of these candidates looked "presidential" tonight, but many of them said some intelligent things and it helps frame the debate.  IMHO, that's a good thing.

Was there a winner?  Yes, the Republican party is a winner tonight, by virtue of its confusion.  Hopefully, one or more of these candidates will pull his (or her) head out of his (or her) ass and figure out how to execute the office of President.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #407 on: September 12, 2011, 08:56:50 PM »

1. Santorum
2. Huntsman
3. Romney
5. Bachmann
6. Perry
7. Cain
8. Gingrich
9. The Audience
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #408 on: September 12, 2011, 08:58:12 PM »

Unfortunately for Bachmann nobody gives a damn about this vaccine business when the poverty king is currently in office.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #409 on: September 12, 2011, 08:58:32 PM »

1. Santorum
2. Romney
3. Bachmann
4. Gingrich
5. Cain
6. Paul (That 9/11 answer might cause him to lose 1-2 points in the polls)
7. Huntsman (He was much stronger tonight, but his points came off flat)
8. Perry (He was attacked from the right and left, and couldn't hold his ground)
9. CNN (The last ten minutes could have been dedicated to another issue rather than that silly White House question)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #410 on: September 12, 2011, 08:59:13 PM »

Unfortunately for Bachmann nobody gives a damn about this vaccine business when the poverty king is currently in office.

Perry ain't president yet.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #411 on: September 12, 2011, 08:59:16 PM »

She has a problem with focusing on minor issues.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #412 on: September 12, 2011, 08:59:43 PM »

I have a hard time gauging who "won" that debate considering the obnoxiousness of the crowd.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #413 on: September 12, 2011, 08:59:53 PM »

1. Santorum
2. Romney
3. Bachmann
4. Gingrich
5. Cain
6. Paul (That 9/11 answer might cause him to lose 1-2 points in the polls)
7. Huntsman (He was much stronger tonight, but his points came off flat)
8. Perry (He was attacked from the right and left, and couldn't hold his ground)
9. CNN (The last ten minutes could have been dedicated to another issue rather than that silly White House question)
Pretty much this.  I'm slightly surprised by Paul, tonight.  He didn't word his points correctly.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #414 on: September 12, 2011, 09:01:46 PM »

1. Santorum
2. Huntsman
3. Romney
5. Bachmann
6. Perry
7. Cain
8. Gingrich
9. The Audience

Paul's 9/11 answer to Giuliani had about the same feedback, and it ended up rocketing his polling numbers. Most Americans are anti-war at this point.

Anyway, that audience was pretty terrible. First, they say "YES YES" with great enthusiasm as to letting a young man die (before Paul actually gets to answer), then they boo with nearly equal enthusiasm when told that the terrorists might not be villains out to do evil for its own sake.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #415 on: September 12, 2011, 09:02:21 PM »

Anyone watchg MSNBC? Ed looks like a smurf.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #416 on: September 12, 2011, 09:02:58 PM »

This crowd is ridiculous. They are only cheering for these talking points and if someone says something of substance, they are silent. It's maddening!

It's a tea party debate.

What Huntsman said overall made a lot of sense but the audience....
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #417 on: September 12, 2011, 09:03:41 PM »

David Gergen is on now talking about how Romney is the superego of the GOP and Perry represents the id.  Of course he isn't using those hackneyed Freudian terms, but that's the gist of his analysis.  That cowardly analysis confirms my impression:  neither of the two "frontrunners" advanced tonight while the others had some soundbite-worthy moments of attack.

And I still contend that this is a good thing, both for the party and for the nation's public policies.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #418 on: September 12, 2011, 09:04:08 PM »

Thoughts on tonight's debate:

Romney: He emerged unscathed and as always looked and sounded presidential. He has proved once more he has staying power and will be the nominee. A+.

Bachmann: This was a make or break tonight for her and she came back swinging. She attacked Perry and clearly will be chipping away at Perry's support. This is now a Romney, Perry and Bachmann race. B+.

Perry: He is the flavor of the month and like all those who came before him will drift away. Rick Perry will not win the nomination, or the presidency. C-

Gingrich: He is always entertaining and knows how to deliver a punch. I could see Gingrich a VP choice or someone to have a role in a Republican Administration. C

Santorum: He gave a spirited performance tonight, but I don't see him going anywhere. D+.

Cain: He's funny and raises good points. He had some great applause lines, but I don't foresee a rise in the polls. D

Huntsman: An okay performance, but I don't see him going anywhere. C

Paul: There he goes again. F

Conclusion: Romney, Perry and Bachmann are the frontrunners for the nomination. Bachmann will chip away at Perry. This is Romney's nomination.

krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #419 on: September 12, 2011, 09:05:33 PM »

You don't have to worry, if you actually are one of the few who care about poverty. It was lower under all of the last 3 Texas Presidents.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #420 on: September 12, 2011, 09:18:17 PM »

You don't have to worry, if you actually are one of the few who care about poverty. It was lower under all of the last 3 Texas Presidents.

You mean Lyndon Johnson--Great Society--Texas President?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #421 on: September 12, 2011, 09:18:30 PM »

When are they starting to bash the gays ?

You guys love to make fun of the Tea Party, but at least their questions are relevant.  None of this gay marriage or abortion or school prayer BS.  

This debate actually has some substance.

The questions were fine but the way they responded only to talking points was ridiculous. And Huntsman's appeal to get rid of corporate welfare from the tax code was completely ignored. I thought these people would be in favor of that, but I guess they don't even grasp the concept.
WillK

« Reply #422 on: September 12, 2011, 09:22:11 PM »

I didnt get to watch he debate so I want to say thank you for this thread and to all who posted in it.
It gave me a way to 'enjoy' the debate. 

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #423 on: September 12, 2011, 09:23:45 PM »

Huntsman must have noticed he wasn't getting any attention and so went on the attack, poorly. I doubt you'll see it again.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #424 on: September 12, 2011, 09:27:36 PM »

You mean Lyndon Johnson--Great Society--Texas President?

He would be one of 3. Of course, government spending was much lower then even at the peak of the Vietnam war.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies