The Official CNN/Tea Party Express Debate Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:39:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official CNN/Tea Party Express Debate Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official CNN/Tea Party Express Debate Discussion Thread  (Read 22706 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: September 12, 2011, 08:24:42 PM »

Also, JESUS. CHRIST. People in the audience just cheered and hooted for letting people die. Why am I the bad person for calling this crowd repulsive?

A problem exists when I am totally in agreement with Marokai Blue.

Say, how about a Risk ceasefire, Marokai?

Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 08:27:49 PM »

Also, JESUS. CHRIST. People in the audience just cheered and hooted for letting people die. Why am I the bad person for calling this crowd repulsive?

I promise not to invade the south, at least. Tongue

The Swede will do that for you, unfortunately Sad
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 08:31:10 PM »

I promise not to invade the south, at least. Tongue

The Swede will do that for you, unfortunately Sad

If it makes you feel any better I don't think I'll survive in that game very long anyway. Sad

Gustaf won a previous game in a position similar to mine now. But this is my first game, ever. I think I'll be out before you. We'll see; if I was Gustaf I'd be more concerned about the green hordes to the north (and whatever color Jas is) than me.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:48:20 PM »

The rabidly pro Israeli members of the Tea Party are the most annoying people. I know, I am from Little Israel (South Florida).....If you dont support bombing and killing everyone they hate, your a "dirty Liberul Rino Commie Muslim Nazi"

Israel is the only ally we had in the Middle East for many decades -- now, after much bloodshed, I can say the current government of Iraq is also fairly pro-American. Why should we turn our backs after sixty-three years of friendship? Especially if one of al Qaeda's goals in attacking us was for us to turn our backs on them?

Luckily, I'm pretty sure none of the candidates up there, or Barack Obama, agree with you.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 08:49:26 PM »

When we come back, pointless questions that don't matter.

This country is so fuçked.

"IPHONE OR BLACKBERRY"

Also, I love how Blitzer takes advantage of booing to cut off a response.

They should demand audience silence. Both booing and applause are really ruining this.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 03:11:10 PM »

The rabidly pro Israeli members of the Tea Party are the most annoying people. I know, I am from Little Israel (South Florida).....If you dont support bombing and killing everyone they hate, your a "dirty Liberul Rino Commie Muslim Nazi"

Israel is the only ally we had in the Middle East for many decades -- now, after much bloodshed, I can say the current government of Iraq is also fairly pro-American. Why should we turn our backs after sixty-three years of friendship? Especially if one of al Qaeda's goals in attacking us was for us to turn our backs on them?

Luckily, I'm pretty sure none of the candidates up there, or Barack Obama, agree with you.

Turkey is our real Middle Eastern ally.

That's why we recognize Northern Cyprus.

Israel has the right to exist and all, but it needs to get its head out of its rear.

How is Israel's head in its rear? With regard to its policies on Palestine, the founding declaration of the PLO states that Israel does not have the right to exist. Hamas also affirms this. Fatah believes in (this is a quote the Constitution of Fatah):

12. Complete liberation of Palestine, and eradication of Zionist economic, political, military and cultural existence.

Does this amount to a forced removal (or an 'eradication') of settlers, many of whom have lived in today's West Bank for several generations, since before the Israeli declaration of independence?

Fatah also maintains a military wing, the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades. The AAMB is recognized by the United States as a terrorist organization, while Fatah is not (something I find contradictory; the two are very closely linked).

Additionally, with many of its neighbors hostile (consider the anti-Israeli agitation in Egypt that recently occurred), Israel must, for its own survival, maintain a large military.

But this is the wrong thread for this sort of thing; that would be International General Discussion.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies