The Official CNN/Tea Party Express Debate Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:36:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official CNN/Tea Party Express Debate Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official CNN/Tea Party Express Debate Discussion Thread  (Read 22619 times)
milhouse24
« on: September 12, 2011, 04:07:11 PM »

I'm really surprised at how much the mainstream media/liberal media hate the Tea Party.  Apparently, they hate the Tea Party because "the tea party is racist" or something like that. 
I agree that the Tea Party is an insurgent, anti-establishment renegade that rubs a lot of the liberals and older GOP the wrong way, but I'm just surprised at how much liberal journalists "hate" the tea party and aren't afraid to say so openly.  I understand the Tea Party is comprised of many loose groups and leaders, who come off as annoying but its also an insurgent populist independent, secular sentiment that helped propel the anti-war and anti-establishment Obama to election victory.  I was watching the Chris Matthews show, which I enjoy for its rapid pace and quick dialogue, and one of the polls said that 11-1 of the panel thought Obama would win re-election despite 8.5% unemployment - either those journalists are obama-loving liberals or they just want to maintain access to Obama until he loses. 

Its just sickening when journalists ignore the numbers and just let their bias overcome rationality.
milhouse24
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »

I'm really surprised at how much the mainstream media/liberal media hate the Tea Party.
Apparently, they hate the Tea Party because "the tea party is racist" or something like that.

That they are illiberal is enough for liberals of any kind. But worse, it is demagogic, anti-rational, and low-brow.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

One does not win most political campaigns by showing oneself abrasive, let alone demonstrably wrong. So Barack Obama has become part of the political Establishment? Such demonstrates a measure of success.  

The Hard Right makes President Obama, flawed as he might be as President, look good by contrast.  To be sure, a 12-person panel of educated people is by nature unrepresentative of America. But who else is going to know anything about history or political science?

Which numbers can one believe? Strange, unforeseen things can happen.
To say that Obama will coast to re-election with 8.5% unemployment or higher is irrational.  Sure, it depends on his opponent, but in most scenarios, Obama will lose re-election with those numbers. 

As the officially elected and currently serving President, yes Obama is part of the establishment.  He's become management, he's "The Man in Charge" and whether liberals or democrats like it or not, there will always be opposing forces to his supposedly "successful policies." 

I'm surprised that over the last 2 years, Obama was a shrinking president who seemed publicly lost after the success of his "anti-war" platform.  During the campaign, he publicly connected with the anti-war and anti-Bush public.  I think he's in over his head now.  Its good that he seems to be back in campaign mode and publicly talking about the economy and jobs, but I think its too late.  He's lost much of the swing voters by now. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies