YouGov/Economist: Obama drops to record low, remains ahead of Romney/Perry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:04:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  YouGov/Economist: Obama drops to record low, remains ahead of Romney/Perry
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: YouGov/Economist: Obama drops to record low, remains ahead of Romney/Perry  (Read 773 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 24, 2011, 12:33:47 PM »

http://today.yougov.com/news/2011/09/23/problems-president-americans-give-him-lowest-appro
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 12:41:14 PM »

I know this goes against every historical precedent.  What if Obama won reelection against the GOP with 56% disapproval ratings?  What would that mean for the Republican party?  Would they scream voter fraud or would they do some soul searching?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 12:53:50 PM »

I know this goes against every historical precedent.  What if Obama won reelection against the GOP with 56% disapproval ratings?  What would that mean for the Republican party?  Would they scream voter fraud or would they do some soul searching?

he wouldn't.  he'd end up with the 44-46% that you see
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 12:58:47 PM »

he wouldn't.  he'd end up with the 44-46% that you see

100% of undecideds never go one direct.  I know it is unlikely which is why I said it would go against historical precedent.

Personally I believe the GOP would blame voter fraud instead of looking at their conservative ideology as the problem that cost them the election
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 01:00:17 PM »

Whatever Perry and Romney's approval is must be lower, this is typically the case with polls like this. As I've said before, it's all about approvals.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 01:35:59 PM »

I'm tired of YG/E threads.  YouGov is an interactive poll (lol Zogby) that didn't even have Obama popular after the OBL killing.  It's the sways of the internet and they don't even bother to release toplines with this schlock or mention the sample size in their release.

Polls is polls and they are fun to look at, but don't waste your time analyzing YouGov.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 12:05:49 AM »

I'm tired of YG/E threads.  YouGov is an interactive poll (lol Zogby) that didn't even have Obama popular after the OBL killing.  It's the sways of the internet and they don't even bother to release toplines with this schlock or mention the sample size in their release.

Polls is polls and they are fun to look at, but don't waste your time analyzing YouGov.

Beat me to it. I remember YouGov had the president at 40% at one point when he was averaging at 48%. It is basically junk.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 06:25:37 AM »

let's create a thread to post interactive polls like youGov or Zogby!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 02:28:39 AM »

I think YouGov was probably one of the most accurate pollsters in 2008 and 2010.

In 2008, they polled all states one week ahead of the election and got almost all states correct (with the exception of Indiana) and also within the MoE.

Same in 2010.

http://voteforamerica.net/editorials/Comments.aspx?ArticleId=144&ArticleName=Poll%20Update%20%2811/4%29:%20Finale

Doesn't mean of course that this poll here can't be sh*t ... Wink
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 02:37:50 AM »

I think YouGov was probably one of the most accurate pollsters in 2008 and 2010.

In 2008, they polled all states one week ahead of the election and got almost all states correct (with the exception of Indiana) and also within the MoE.

Same in 2010.

http://voteforamerica.net/editorials/Comments.aspx?ArticleId=144&ArticleName=Poll%20Update%20%2811/4%29:%20Finale

Doesn't mean of course that this poll here can't be sh*t ... Wink

OK, in 2010 they were quite bad after looking it up, I had something different in memory.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies