National Tracking Poll Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:47:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  National Tracking Poll Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77
Author Topic: National Tracking Poll Thread  (Read 308734 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: November 01, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »

Obama is surging nationally:

WaPo
Obama 49%
Romney 48% (-1)

This is not even factoring in the big Bloomberg bump he'll be getting starting tonight.

The Bloomberg endorsement hurts him. I cringed when I read about it.

Michael Bloomberg is incredibly popular in the heartland. Obama might have a chance at putting Indiana and Missouri back into play now.

Don't go full Cliffy on us Lief.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1776 on: November 01, 2012, 04:17:37 PM »

WaPo
Obama 49%
Romney 48% (-1)

This is not even factoring in the big Bloomberg bump he'll be getting starting tonight.

This "surge" is a 0.07 point lead - Obama 48.56 (which rounds up to 49), Romney 48.49 (which rounds down to 48).  Romney's 1 point tick downward is because he is one-one-hundreth of a point under the 48.50 required to round up.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1777 on: November 01, 2012, 04:20:37 PM »

WaPo
Obama 49%
Romney 48% (-1)

Michael Bloomberg is incredibly popular in the heartland. Obama might have a chance at putting Indiana and Missouri back into play now.

Bloomberg is considered the worst representative of the nanny state.  It will play on the Left Coast NY/New England, but not anyplace else. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1778 on: November 01, 2012, 04:23:23 PM »

WaPo
Obama 49%
Romney 48% (-1)

Bloomberg is considered the worst representative of the nanny state.  It will play on the Left Coast NY/New England, but not anyplace else. 

J.J. I think I have a much better understanding of what people in Middle America are thinking about this Bloomberg endorsement, and let me tell you, they are fired up about it. I'm hearing very, very positive things.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1779 on: November 01, 2012, 04:24:51 PM »

Oh boy, someone slipped Lief something funky today.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #1780 on: November 01, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »

WaPo
Obama 49%
Romney 48% (-1)

J.J. I think I have a much better understanding of what people in Middle America are thinking about this Bloomberg endorsement, and let me tell you, they are fired up about it. I'm hearing very, very positive things.

Couldn't agree more. If there's one thing a walmart employee from Kansas City absolutely LOVES, it's a New York Jew billionaire hiding the Big Gulp cups.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1781 on: November 01, 2012, 05:32:27 PM »

Oh boy, someone slipped Lief something funky today.

What was in last night's candy?

Warning to parents:  Inspect the candy your child receives at Halloween or else cases like this will be the result.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1782 on: November 01, 2012, 05:54:19 PM »

WaPo
Obama 49%
Romney 48% (-1)

Lief, I've lived in Middle America.  Rudy Giuliani had trouble there.  Keep smoking though; it will help you get through the next week.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1783 on: November 01, 2012, 06:27:06 PM »

What you are missing is that Bloomberg will help in South Florida, and likely with the suburban moderates in NOVA and Denver as well.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1784 on: November 01, 2012, 06:28:51 PM »

What you are missing is that Bloomberg will help in South Florida, and likely with the suburban moderates in NOVA and Denver as well.
He should also help with Independents and Moderates in New Hampshire too.
ajb
United States

« Reply #1785 on: November 01, 2012, 06:29:22 PM »

WaPo
Obama 49%
Romney 48% (-1)

Lief, I've lived in Middle America.  Rudy Giuliani had trouble there.  Keep smoking though; it will help you get through the next week.
I think J.J.'s irony meter might need to be recalibrated.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1786 on: November 01, 2012, 07:19:38 PM »

If he had made it about Israel, possibly, it would help in FL.  It was about global warming. 

Moderates in NOVA and Denver, only big environmentalists, and Obama has their vote already.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1787 on: November 01, 2012, 07:50:58 PM »

If he had made it about Israel, possibly, it would help in FL.  It was about global warming. 

Moderates in NOVA and Denver, only big environmentalists, and Obama has their vote already.

Educated suburban moderates almost universally accept climate change.  I'm surprised Obama hasn't campaigned on it at all in VA and CO.  It is an opportunity to make Romney look anti-science to people who might otherwise be R on fiscal issues.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1788 on: November 01, 2012, 07:56:40 PM »

Educated suburban moderates almost universally accept climate change.  I'm surprised Obama hasn't campaigned on it at all in VA and CO.  It is an opportunity to make Romney look anti-science to people who might otherwise be R on fiscal issues.

And, if they are educated, they would realize that a nor'easter is not uncommon.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1789 on: November 01, 2012, 08:22:44 PM »

To clarify, I mean campaigning on climate change i.e. bragging about what his EPA has done to control carbon emissions, not campaigning on the hurricane, which would be stupid and just plain wrong.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1790 on: November 01, 2012, 08:24:53 PM »

To clarify, I mean campaigning on climate change i.e. bragging about what his EPA has done to control carbon emissions, not campaigning on the hurricane, which would be stupid and just plain wrong.

That could lose him OH, and possibly VA.  He'd even be in danger in PA with that. 
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #1791 on: November 01, 2012, 08:52:10 PM »

Lol,

48.56 for Obama and 48.49 for Romney

Wheeeeew..... .07 Roll Eyes

WaPo
Obama 49%
Romney 48% (-1)

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1792 on: November 01, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »

How much is the Romney campaign missing the Gallup poll right now?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1793 on: November 01, 2012, 09:56:13 PM »

Obama's nationwide surge continues, with new numbers from PPP's tracker!

Obama 49 (+1)
Romney 48 (-1)
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #1794 on: November 01, 2012, 10:00:42 PM »

I doubt they worry too much about all the public polls too much.  They have better ones.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #1795 on: November 01, 2012, 10:00:53 PM »

Obama 49 (+1)
Romney 48 (-1)

Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1796 on: November 01, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »

That could lose him OH, and possibly VA.  He'd even be in danger in PA with that. 

There aren't that many coal miners in OH and VA.  I don't know about PA, maybe there are more.  Regardless, Democrats need to plan for coal towns to vote near unanimously R from now on.  They can make up those votes in the suburbs. 
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1797 on: November 01, 2012, 10:41:58 PM »

I doubt they worry too much about all the public polls too much.  They have better ones.

Oh my God you seriously just said that.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #1798 on: November 01, 2012, 11:29:05 PM »

Obama 49 (+1)
Romney 48 (-1)

Ah and Romney's only down 3 with women.  If so, definitely going to be a landslide.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1799 on: November 01, 2012, 11:37:49 PM »

Obama 49 (+1)
Romney 48 (-1)

Ah and Romney's only down 3 with women.  If so, definitely going to be a landslide.

Ah and Obama's only down 3 with men.  If so, definitely going to be a landslide. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies