Reminder for Peter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:33:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Reminder for Peter
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reminder for Peter  (Read 887 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 19, 2004, 12:32:16 PM »

These bills will never get the required 14 days of voting and debate time and therefore must be thrown out:

Atlasia National Parks Act
Atlasia Wetlands Act
National Symbol of Atlasia
Marijuana Legalization Bill (True Democrat Version)
Voting Rights Amendment (Harry Version)
Elections Regulations Amendment
Constitutional Amendment Bill
The Tax Amendment
Voting Rights Amendment (2nd Harry Version)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 02:44:23 PM »

First of all, you cannot count; The next legislative session begins on Friday 7th January, which leaves 19 days in the present session.

Secondly, arrangements for the move into the next legislative session have been discussed with JFK and I have made my decision as to what will happen on the status thread at the change over.

Third, I cannot willy-nilly delete legislation from the status thread (though I wish I could sometimes) as I have no authority in the Senate. JFK assigns debate time as he sees fit, I will not attempt to second-guess him. All legislation goes onto the thread in chronological order, there is no political bias in its listing, nor will there ever be. If I decide on my own that legislation won't get considered, thats political bias.

Any legislation that is inactive for five days or more is theoretically deleted from the thread, though my application of this self-imposed rule is sometimes lacking. Any legislation that is withdrawn by the proposer also gets removed.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 04:40:48 PM »

The next legislative session begins on Friday 7th January, which leaves 19 days in the present session.

Yes, there are 19 days left, but there are 4 bills on the floor for vote and the next 4 won't get debate time until the 26th. This means 7 days debate time (January 2nd) plus 7 days vote time (January 9th) which goes over session.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 01:56:10 AM »

King, you are forgetting that debate time can be shortened and that sometimes the Senate fails to follow its own procedure.  While it is unlikely that all of the bills will be considered, it is not impossible, therefore they should remain on the thread.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 07:53:32 AM »

Yes, there are 19 days left, but there are 4 bills on the floor for vote and the next 4 won't get debate time until the 26th. This means 7 days debate time (January 2nd) plus 7 days vote time (January 9th) which goes over session.

You are mis-reading the SPR on this issue. Whilst there can only be 4 bills being debated at any one time, there can be as many as the Senate wishes being voted upon.

Yesterday we saw 3 of the amendments on your list enter debate time. There is still time for them to receive full debate and voting time before the end of the session.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies