Snowguy/Bacon King for Atlasia!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:02:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Snowguy/Bacon King for Atlasia!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Snowguy/Bacon King for Atlasia!  (Read 3821 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2011, 08:20:26 PM »
« edited: September 18, 2011, 08:59:35 PM by Snowguy716 »

Snowguy716/Bacon King for Atlasia

I am happy to announce that I will be seeking election for the presidency in the October 2011 elections.  With Bacon King at my side, we will work hard to improve Atlasia through bold leadership and real reforms, rather than committees and red tape.  Bacon King has done an exemplary job as Vice President in the current administration, especially his hard work with the senate.  I am keeping Bacon King as a running mate because we need that kind of dedication to improve the game.

I believe this is an evolutionary game, not a revolutionary one.  Attempts to reform have failed because we spend too much time trying to set up committees, get everyone’s opinion, and then watch as the plan crumbles when we all disagree on certain aspects of the proposed reforms.  Instead, we need leaders who will implement changes and reforms first with opportunities to fine tune or repeal said changes afterwards.  While “shoot first, ask questions later” isn’t usually a good philosophy, it is a necessary one for reform in Atlasia.

Atlasia also has structural economic problems that have led to high unemployment, especially in the Pacific and my former home of the Midwest.  My administration would be focused on increasing meaningful, living-wage employment in order to reduce dependency on government and get people working.  We cannot stress enough the pride and sense of self-accomplishment that a paycheck can bring to a person and their family.  That is not to say there should be no safety net.  My administration would continue to work with the senate to improve, strengthen, and broaden the safety net where needed in order to prevent people slipping through the cracks.  By making jobs and employment focus number one, and ensuring that Atlasians have the basic support like housing, food on the table, and the skills needed to succeed, much of the economic malaise we have felt will, believe it or not, right itself.

My administration would also take a strong role in international trade.  We would take an active role in courting ally nations for mutually beneficial trade partnerships.  My administration would act as a “salesman” for Atlasian products and services.  We need an administration that will market our products to other nations in order to increase exports here at home.  While what we manufacture has changed, there is no reason we cannot find the market areas in manufacturing where we can excel, and do just that.

Education reform would also be a staple of my administration.  We need to drastically change the way we educate our students.  Children should be entering school earlier and finishing basic education earlier.  Trade/Vocational/Tech schools should receive a boost in order to train workers for jobs in their field of interest with a smaller emphasis placed on traditional liberal arts educations.  Those should still be the backbone for a professional career, but liberal arts programs can easily be pared back and fit into a vocational education that still teaches the value of life-long learning and critical thinking while training students for the career of their choice.

My administration will be an administration of ideas, of reforms, and of accomplishment to make Atlasia as well as the game more successful and exciting for everybody.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 09:18:31 PM »

Endorsed! Smiley
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 09:20:32 PM »

Marokai deleted his post accusing me of completely changing my tune on game reform.  He also calls Bacon King a "token" VP candidate, when, in fact, he is the best VP this game has had in a very long time.

Obviously the approach to reform has not worked as it has been set up.  If you have a better way to implement reform besides the one I offer above, I'd be happy to hear it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2011, 09:32:58 PM by Marokai Breakneck »

Marokai deleted his post accusing me of completely changing my tune on game reform.  He also calls Bacon King a "token" VP candidate, when, in fact, he is the best VP this game has had in a very long time.

Obviously the approach to reform has not worked as it has been set up.  If you have a better way to implement reform besides the one I offer above, I'd be happy to hear it.

I did in fact! To deny that BK has become the JCP's token moderate candidate would be absurd. In my time in Atlasia he has been on the ballot for the JCP, mostly for the VP spot, at least four times. Five, if you count this. That's a total of over a year and ahalf, just in my time in Atlasia, that BK's been trotted out for an election as the safest, blandest, easiest choice you could possibly make. I just think it's a shame you guys don't have many good candidate prospects!

Also to deny the fact that your post here is a change of heart on game reform would also just be ridiculous. You've argued against numerous proposals, have implied we should go at it piecemeal, and have said reform isn't your "cup of tea." So to see you come out here guns blazing on your "we should just implement stuff and ask questions later, let's get stuff done" yeehaw attitude is a bit jarring. Welcome, but jarring.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 09:30:03 PM »

Second preference man. Smiley
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 09:34:39 PM »

^^^^ Smiley
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 09:37:02 PM »

Thanks, guys.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 09:41:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not sure I like this part... but otherwise... Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 09:43:38 PM »

Atlasia also has structural economic problems that have led to high unemployment, especially in the Pacific and my former home of the Midwest.  My administration would be focused on increasing meaningful, living-wage employment in order to reduce dependency on government and get people working.  We cannot stress enough the pride and sense of self-accomplishment that a paycheck can bring to a person and their family.  That is not to say there should be no safety net.  My administration would continue to work with the senate to improve, strengthen, and broaden the safety net where needed in order to prevent people slipping through the cracks.  By making jobs and employment focus number one, and ensuring that Atlasians have the basic support like housing, food on the table, and the skills needed to succeed, much of the economic malaise we have felt will, believe it or not, right itself.

In these times of economic uncertainty for so many Atlasians, it is crucial that this philosophy guides the search for potential remedies.  Bravo!

Bacon King has proven that he is a highly capable Vice President.  With the logic that Marokai is espousing, we may as well enact undemocratic term limits.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 09:43:52 PM »

I did in fact! To deny that BK has become the JCP's token moderate candidate would be absurd. In my time in Atlasia he has been on the ballot for the JCP, mostly for the VP spot, at least four times. Five, if you count this. That's a total of over a year and ahalf, just in my time in Atlasia, that BK's been trotted out for an election as the safest, blandest, easiest choice you could possibly make. I just think it's a shame you guys don't have many good candidate prospects!

Also to deny the fact that your post here is a change of heart on game reform would also just be ridiculous. You've argued against numerous proposals, have implied we should go at it piecemeal, and have said reform isn't your "cup of tea." So to see you come out here guns blazing on your "we should just implement stuff and ask questions later, let's get stuff done" yeehaw attitude is a bit jarring. Welcome, but jarring.
I will let Bacon King respond to your accusations that he is a "token moderate hero candidate"... but I will say that Bacon King is one of my favorite posters on Atlas, and that my choice in him was because I was impressed with the level of research and dedication he has put into his duty as president of the senate.  There have been decisions I vehemently disagreed with.. such as the environmental protection bill authored by Napoleon that he defeated with his tie breaking vote.  But he didn't make that vote out of some wishy-washy moderate heroesque feel good premise... but after researching actual real life law.

As for my change of heart on reform:  The only change of heart I have is that holding committees doesn't achieve anything.  Reform will still have to be piecemeal, as I pretty clearly stated when I called the game "evolutionary".  I am not coming in here "yee haw", guns blazing.  I'm saying that we do need to make reforms, and that we need a strong leader who will pursue to those reforms without worrying about everyones' feelings before hand.  If it turns out to have been a mistake, it can be corrected... but to never get any reforms done because of a failed process is the worst route to take.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 09:44:37 PM »

A lot of Snowguy's ideas here I can criticize but his selection of running mate isn't one of them. Anyone who's seen him as President of the Senate knows this.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 09:45:10 PM »

I chose Bacon King as my running mate because I knew he would do the job well and he has.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 09:46:44 PM »

Second Preference!
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 09:47:37 PM »

Not endorsed.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 09:49:01 PM »

Well aren't you just too cute.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 09:54:08 PM »

Endorsed.

An interesting note: Marokai has recently made a statement that the game is "increasingly the JCP vs. everyone else", so already getting the second preferences of all opponents' runningmates (although I think there might be an AWOL candidate Marokai supports who hasn't bothered to offer a runningmate) is all the more impressive.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 09:57:23 PM »

Endorsed.

An interesting note: Marokai has recently made a statement that the game is "increasingly the JCP vs. everyone else", so already getting the second preferences of all opponents' runningmates (although I think there might be an AWOL candidate Marokai supports who hasn't bothered to offer a runningmate) is all the more impressive.

I was in fact wrong. I forgot that, in becoming the left-wing version of the Populares yourselves, you've attracted the former members of the real thing.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 10:01:29 PM »

Endorsed.

I was in fact wrong. I forgot that, in becoming the left-wing version of the Populares yourselves, you've attracted the former members of the real thing.

I will take that over being the left-wing equivalent of cancer, I guess.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 10:01:52 PM »

Atlasia, meet your new President. Tongue
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 10:02:28 PM »

I forgot that, in becoming the left-wing version of the Populares yourselves, you've attracted the former members of the real thing.

So, is the Jesus Christ Party too partisan to work constructively with other parties to achieve reforms, or not?  The narrative just has so many twists and turns!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 10:15:14 PM »

I don't want to clutter up this thread, guys, so I apologize. I wish Snowguy the best of luck.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 10:22:06 PM »

Endorsed, of course!  Cheesy

I was starting to wonder who the JCP candidate might be.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 12:08:23 AM »

Good luck, Snowguy! You'll make a good President.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 12:16:54 AM »

Endorsed!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48