Snowguy/Bacon King for Atlasia!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:23:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Snowguy/Bacon King for Atlasia!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Snowguy/Bacon King for Atlasia!  (Read 3829 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 12:23:40 AM »

Hopefully you'll win because I won't.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 12:46:48 AM »

Congratulation on your win Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 01:05:38 AM »

We should give BK a plaque for being the longest serving VP. Does he hold the record now? Three terms?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 01:56:01 AM »

We should give BK a plaque for being the longest serving VP. Does he hold the record now? Three terms?

Ebowed might also be a three termer (serving 1 each under Joe Republic, Keystone Phil, and Mr. Moderate).
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 02:05:53 AM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 02:30:30 AM »

Endorsed! Cheesy
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 07:44:51 AM »

Since Dr. Cynic dropped out, endorsed!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »

Endorsed, obviously. Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 10:09:36 PM »

Welcome to the race. 
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 10:17:48 PM »

You guys are endorsed. I'd like to meet with you and discuss possible reform ideas.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 12:57:42 AM »

First off, thanks to everyone for your support so far. I am very thankful to Snowguy for giving me the chance to run again for the Vice Presidency. I am very impressed with his zeal to reform and improve our nation, and if our ticket is elected next month, I'll do everything I can to push these goals forward.

I must say, though, that I strongly disagree with the notion that I'm the "token moderate hero candidate"; in fact, I think this is the first time I've ever been called a Moderate Hero Tongue I do consider myself quite progressive (but I'll refrain from making an off-topic tangent about my political views Grin), though I will admit that I tend to be a bit pragmatic when in office. Look at my record as a Senator, for example: I even worked together with DWTL and Libertas when we shared common ground on specific issues, in order to make Atlasia stronger.

Honestly, to be somewhat frank, I really enjoy being Vice President. I think I've done well, so far, and I do hope I'll be allowed another term. Smiley
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 08:29:12 PM »

I want to point out that I will be making education reform a top priority in the campaign as well as in office, if elected.

Our educational system, while not broken, is a bit like a 1980 Dodge Ram with the back bumper held on with duct tape.  It still runs and we've gotten a lot of good use out of it, but it's time to replace it.

This is a very simple list of areas that need reform:

Early childhood education:  Children should be entering school earlier.  All-day, everyday kindergarten should be standard in every school district and pre-kindergarten should be compulsory.

All children should be reading proficiently by the end of 1st grade.  Because reading is the basic building block of all learning, intensive remedial education should be required for students struggling with reading.  They should not be moving forward if they cannot read, but acknowledging the potential social damage holding students back can cause, non-traditional approaches should be encouraged (e.g. summer school).

The school calendar should be reworked.  All Atlasian students should be attending school at least 200 days per year, up significantly from the current 170-180 days.  While local school districts should be able to organize their calendar within that 200 day framework, the reforms should encourage a shorter summer break (for example, a 6-week summer break with the extra time allocated to other break periods throughout the year).

Science and math progress should be stepped up from grade 3 onward.  While Pre-k to grade 2 are mostly about basic building blocks and reading, grade 3 is when more complex science and math can be introduced.

The middle school and high school grades should be completely reformed.  Eventually, I'd  like to see the 11th and 12th grades largely integrated into our higher education system.  Students would be able to focus on a rigorous college preparation course or enroll in junior/community college or even technical college and earn credits.

The 11th and 12th grades would be designated for career focus rather than general education.  Many approaches would be taken.  Students could potentially graduate after the 10th grade and enter the workforce at age 16.  Students would also have the choice of completing a college preparatory program so they are ready for university when finished.  Students would also have the option of working with participating businesses for apprenticeships and with local tech colleges for technical training in various career fields.

Many of these things are already happening.  In my own school district, high school students have the option of taking AP classes, college in the classroom, school to work, and Post Secondary Education Option where students attend classes at the local university for credit, free of charge.  My proposed reforms would expand those options for every student by getting the basics out of the way earlier.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 08:49:07 PM »

I just wanted to thank you re: the penny bill for being reasonable.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2011, 05:15:56 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2011, 05:18:14 AM by Snowguy716 »

This evening I will be holding a town hall event in beautiful Duluth, Minnesota.

I will accept questions from anybody who has something they'd like to ask.  It is an informal event and there will be a sloppy joe dinner served afterwards.

At-will donations will go to "Growing Gardens, Growing Students", an organization that provides supplies and training to teachers, students, staff, and parents to create gardens on school property and use the produce in the school lunch programs.  Many gardens have already been planted at schools across Minnesota and children are enjoying the fruits of the volunteer labor they put in over the summer everyday at lunch.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2011, 05:20:07 PM »

Good luck. I tried this a while ago and no one showed up. I guess I just don't have any real friends. Sad
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2011, 07:51:18 PM »

Good luck. I tried this a while ago and no one showed up. I guess I just don't have any real friends. Sad
Me either apparently.  Well, in that case Duke.... come on over, I'll throw on some Porterhouses and crack open some nice fall ales.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2011, 07:58:11 PM »

I can be your friend! Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2011, 08:45:14 PM »

Me either apparently.  Well, in that case Duke.... come on over, I'll throw on some Porterhouses and crack open some nice fall ales.

Sounds like heaven. Cheesy
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2011, 08:50:54 PM »

Best of luck for the election.

...even though I did have to scroll back to find this thread. Wink
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2011, 03:02:49 PM »

I'll make one last appeal to Atlasia to consider voting for my ticket in the election.  Please, if you have questions regarding my role as president, feel free to ask! 

I was recently asked by Polnut what I'd do to show spending restraint as president.  I can't say there are any specifics. 

I will, however, set a new policy as president.  All non-emergency spending bills In excess of $1bn Will be required to be paid for, or I will veto the legislation.  Exceptions can be made, but the case for such exceptions will have to be made.  Stimulus measures could be one such case, for example.

I look forward to your questions.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2011, 03:11:21 PM »

What do you have to say to the Occupy Atlasia movement?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2011, 03:26:48 PM »

I have a soft spot for most acts of civil disobedience, and would stand in solidarity with you...provided the aims are clear and it remains a bottom up, grassroots movement.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 04:06:56 PM »

I was recently asked by Polnut what I'd do to show spending restraint as president.  I can't say there are any specifics. 

I will, however, set a new policy as president.  All non-emergency spending bills In excess of $1bn Will be required to be paid for, or I will veto the legislation.  Exceptions can be made, but the case for such exceptions will have to be made.  Stimulus measures could be one such case, for example.

I just want to add that I wholeheartedly agree with the principle behind this proposal. While Atlasian budgetary issues have never been conducted perfectly, I definitely agree that such an effort to prevent unneccesary deficit spending is in Atlasia's best interest.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2011, 04:14:44 PM »

I just wanted to thank everyone who voted this weekend; and to thank both of the other tickets who made this such a good race. Congratulations especially to Duke and Cincinattus; I believe this is the first time both main tickets have gotten at least fifty votes.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2011, 08:56:13 PM »

Congratulations to both of you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies