The Mormon Church forces their followers to vote Republican. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:21:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Mormon Church forces their followers to vote Republican. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mormon Church forces their followers to vote Republican.  (Read 3396 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: September 26, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »
« edited: September 26, 2011, 08:19:37 PM by Torie »

Mormons were poorer then, felt more oppressed, and social issues were less important, and LDS discipline has increased substantially with this generation. It is no longer "acceptable" for LDS members to drink in private (with everyone looking the other way), and that was not the case a generation ago. Heck, a friend of mine said that at Brigham Young University when he was there at some basketball game 35 years ago or so, pot usage was common. Now it is the road to instant expulsion. That is my impression of the reasons for the change in LDS voting habits.

By the way, I was really impressed with the evidence of LDS prosperity when driving though Washington County and environs in SW Utah a couple of months ago. The homes were very impressive, and large, given the large LDS families, and that was true even out in the hinterlands. Mormons know how to make money. Part of it I suspect is due to IT. That is an area Mormons have gravitated to disproportionately.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies