Rick Perry's Back. (his literal back)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:42:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rick Perry's Back. (his literal back)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rick Perry's Back. (his literal back)  (Read 804 times)
retromike22
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2011, 10:33:19 PM »

No I don't mean he's got his mojo back. I mean that in the debates that Rick Perry has been so far, he seems to get tired out by the midpoint. Does this have anything to do with his back problems and those shoes that he has to use? I'm not trying to be funny with this, but isn't the health of a candidate a factor to consider?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 10:41:33 PM »

No I don't mean he's got his mojo back. I mean that in the debates that Rick Perry has been so far, he seems to get tired out by the midpoint. Does this have anything to do with his back problems and those shoes that he has to use? I'm not trying to be funny with this, but isn't the health of a candidate a factor to consider?

Health of a candidate is a factor, but the President normally doesn't have to stand for two hours in one place...Kennedy had health problems, like back problems, that didn't affect his performance as President...just like FDR who had problems that didn't affect his performance (until he died).
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 10:50:42 PM »

I think he's just a one-hour guy.  Most people are.  There's a reason that classes only last one hour, and meet three times per week.

But a president needs to be a 24-hour guy.  And you're right, Perry doesn't seem to have it in him.  Carter was the same way.  (So was FDR, but the internet didn't exist in his day.) 

If I had a question, it'd be to Romney, and it'd be:  Why the hell do you want this job?  You must be psychotic.  It's thankless, ruthless, and stressful.  And, with your resume and connections, your hourly wage could be much higher than the 47 dollars you'll be earning as president.  (That's 400K divided by 24 hours times 7 days times 50 weeks; of course I'm allowing for two weeks at Maahthaz Vinya'd.  But even that isn't a sure thing nowadays.) 

So, yes, the health of a candidate, or, more specifically, the level of egocentrism/psychosis that a candidate must be experiencing to even want such a job, is an important consideration. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:11:02 PM »

I noticed this, too.  He slouches more in the 2nd hour.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 11:36:43 PM »

I've noticed that he only moves his forearms when he gesticulates - it's an awkward poise that makes him look like a T-Rex.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 11:40:50 PM »

I think he's just a one-hour guy.  Most people are.  There's a reason that classes only last one hour, and meet three times per week.

But a president needs to be a 24-hour guy.  And you're right, Perry doesn't seem to have it in him.  Carter was the same way.  (So was FDR, but the internet didn't exist in his day.) 

If I had a question, it'd be to Romney, and it'd be:  Why the hell do you want this job?  You must be psychotic.  It's thankless, ruthless, and stressful.  And, with your resume and connections, your hourly wage could be much higher than the 47 dollars you'll be earning as president.  (That's 400K divided by 24 hours times 7 days times 50 weeks; of course I'm allowing for two weeks at Maahthaz Vinya'd.  But even that isn't a sure thing nowadays.) 

So, yes, the health of a candidate, or, more specifically, the level of egocentrism/psychosis that a candidate must be experiencing to even want such a job, is an important consideration. 

It gets worse when you know he actually has pledged to serve without pay. Atleast he did in 2007.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 09:24:08 AM »

Ever tried standing on the same spot for 2 hours?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 10:26:07 AM »

This is a non-issue. It hasn't affected his job as Governor, it won't affect him as President.
Guderian

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 11:06:32 AM »

Romney already made more money than he could spend even if latter-days saints gave him ten more lives to live.
Guderian

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »

Health of a candidate is a factor, but the President normally doesn't have to stand for two hours in one place...Kennedy had health problems, like back problems, that didn't affect his performance as President...just like FDR who had problems that didn't affect his performance (until he died).

Kennedy's problems only started with the bad back. His old man squashed the rumors with money back then, but in the Internet era no way JFK is ever elected President with his health record. He was basically heavily drugged just to go through a normal workday and probably would have died of organ failure by 1970 if he wasn't killed.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 11:31:20 AM »

Ever tried standing on the same spot for 2 hours?

Yeah, it's called working retail. Perry has problems as a candidate that far transcend his posture.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies