1992: Bush/Quayle vs. Clinton/Gore vs. Perot/Weicker?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:39:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  1992: Bush/Quayle vs. Clinton/Gore vs. Perot/Weicker?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1992: Bush/Quayle vs. Clinton/Gore vs. Perot/Weicker?  (Read 3042 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:05:59 PM »

I'm considering a timeline based on something like this. Ross Perot chooses Independent Governor and former Republican Senator Lowell Weicker of Connecticut as his running-mate. Weicker's large government experience and status as a successful Independent politician and Centrist boost Perot. How does the election go?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »

Bush dumps Quayle for the much less Quaylish (for lack of better word) Pete Wilson.  Weicker helps in the northeast, but otherwise splits the liberal vote with Slick Willy.  A better pick would be Jerry Brown IMO
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 03:16:39 PM »

A better pick would be Jerry Brown IMO

Been used before. Tongue I'm not going for some "OMG, Perot wins! (or gets close to it)" result, just a better one and no one's ever used Weicker before (that I know of).
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 03:19:41 PM »

A better pick would be Jerry Brown IMO

Been used before. Tongue I'm not going for some "OMG, Perot wins! (or gets close to it)" result, just a better one and no one's ever used Weicker before (that I know of).

So like on the map he gives Perot the northeast, thus handing the election to Bush.  If Bush picks a better VP, the GOP has a chance of taking over Congress.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 03:29:48 PM »

Something like this is what I imagine.

Governor William J. Clinton (D-AR)/Senator Albert Gore Jr. (D-TN) 311 electoral votes, 40.7% of the popular vote
President George H.W. Bush (R-TX)/Vice-President J. Danforth Quayle (R-IN) 211 electoral votes, 36.9% of the popular vote
Businessman H. Ross Perot (I-TX)/Governor Lowell Weicker (I-CT) 16 electoral votes, 21.9% of the popular vote
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 03:35:22 PM »

Governor William J. Clinton (D-AR)/Senator Albert Gore Jr. (D-TN) 311 electoral votes, 40.7% of the popular vote
President George H.W. Bush (R-TX)/Vice-President J. Danforth Quayle (R-IN) 211 electoral votes, 36.9% of the popular vote
Businessman H. Ross Perot (I-TX)/Governor Lowell Weicker (I-CT) 16 electoral votes, 21.9% of the popular vote

Oh you mean with Dan Quayle on the ticket....Well in "Decision Points" W. mentions that Bush Sr. told him once that he didn't want another term but that W. convinced him to run again in 92.  That being said, if he acted like he wanted it (i.e. dropped Quayle on his sorry ass) then I think he could have won decisively, and perhaps the greatest person to polish off the ticket would be Pete Wilson of CA.  Even with Quayle I think he would've won Kentucky, Colorado, Nevada, and Montana and perhaps MO.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies