CNN: Perry leads by 8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:12:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CNN: Perry leads by 8
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN: Perry leads by 8  (Read 1348 times)
Bull Moose Base

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2011, 01:08:27 PM »

First national poll taken after Thursday's debate?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

(Also shows Obama leading all Republicans head-to-head.)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/09/26/rel16a-1a.pdf
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 01:20:45 PM »

Wow, Gingrich and Cain ahead of Paul!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 01:23:46 PM »

Reports of Perry's demise are greatly exaggerated, apparently.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 01:31:30 PM »

Well, PPP will release a new FL poll tomorrow and they said that the debate greatly impacted their numbers and that Romney is now clearly ahead in the state. Before it was a tie.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »

Well, PPP will release a new FL poll tomorrow and they said that the debate greatly impacted their numbers and that Romney is now clearly ahead in the state. Before it was a tie.

Sounds like the debate and Cain's upset straw win both fell in the middle of their polling.  Unclear whether it was the debate, the press, Cain's win or the press of that (no doubt even bigger news in FL than nationally) or the whole shebang that started to hurt Perry.

Also not clear that Perry's slippage in senior-rich Florida will be found nationally.  By CNN's measure, not so much.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 01:42:31 PM »

Cainmentum, baby!

I think Perry is stacking himself up for a Giuliani style loss. Yeah, the nat numbers still look good but he's lost Florida (and probably Iowa), he never had a shot in New Hampshire, and a late Cain/Newt dual resergence could spell trouble in South Carolina.  First four primary losses could prove to be lethal.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 01:48:26 PM »

Cainmentum, baby!

I think Perry is stacking himself up for a Giuliani style loss. Yeah, the nat numbers still look good but he's lost Florida (and probably Iowa), he never had a shot in New Hampshire, and a late Cain/Newt dual resergence could spell trouble in South Carolina.  First four primary losses could prove to be lethal.

I'll believe Perry's in trouble in Iowa when I see it.  Forget the first 4, hard to see how losing South Carolina by itself wouldn't be fatal to a Perry campaign.  If he won it though, losing Florida probably wouldn't be the knockout punch it was to Giuliani.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 02:41:45 PM »

This corpse is still warm.

Anyway, his state polling numbers (especially in the early states) are terrible. Iowa is okay, but the support there is quite shaky and he hasn't campaigned there much. In New Hampshire he's barely even a frontrunner, he's now losing Florida, and South Carolina could very well be stolen if the "frontrunner" label is gone due to losses in Iowa and New Hampshire (in particular, if a candidate other than Perry or Romney gets Iowa, Perry loses all real appeal)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »

Who is Perry going to lose Iowa to? Bachmann, whose campaign is dead? Gingrich, who never had a campaign in the first place? Romney, who's basically ignoring the state? Perry was never going to win New Hampshire. And if he wins Iowa, he wins South Carolina.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 03:33:51 PM »

Who is Perry going to lose Iowa to? Bachmann, whose campaign is dead? Gingrich, who never had a campaign in the first place? Romney, who's basically ignoring the state? Perry was never going to win New Hampshire. And if he wins Iowa, he wins South Carolina.

If Romney's campaign stops emphasizing that they're not trying to win in Iowa, Romney can win in Iowa. Iowa is more unsettled than the national race - a Cain or Bachmann victory seems unlikely, but it wouldn't be surprising. (Should I count out Santorum? Yeah, I probably should.)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 03:58:21 PM »

This poll also shows that the media narrative and 3 bad debates have barely dented Perry's poll numbers which are down only a couple points from CNN's poll from a month ago. By all accounts Romney has had a great month. He has performed well at the debates and the only one attacking him is Perry, with the rest mostly focusing on Perry so he hasn't had to deal with the piling-on like Perry has, and yet Romney still is only at 21% (3% less than his high mark in CNN poll in June).

We wont have a better picture until polling comes out from IA and SC to show if Perry has lost ground in those two key states, but I suspect he is still leading in both.

But the campaign really doesnt start until the air war starts and Perry's Super PACs are going to go hard after Romney (and anyone in IA and SC that they see as a threat). The notion that it is over for Perry is just silly.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 04:11:03 PM »

RCP has Perry up by 7. Perhaps that's registered voters.

I would like to mention, though it's still a substantial lead, Romney has almost cut the lead in half from two weeks ago - two weeks ago CNN had him trailing Perry by 12.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 04:23:37 PM »

RCP has Perry up by 7. Perhaps that's registered voters.

I would like to mention, though it's still a substantial lead, Romney has almost cut the lead in half from two weeks ago - two weeks ago CNN had him trailing Perry by 12.

Its is the difference between with or w/o Palin

Perry lead
Poll:       Sept. 23-25 / Sept. 9-11
w/ Palin:   +7  /  +12
w/o Palin:  +8   /  +11

Being that the w/o Palin numbers are more important, then Perry has a +8 (down from +11). Not good, but not dire
cavalcade

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 04:31:50 PM »

And then runs up the score in the Real South on Super Tuesday.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 04:45:29 PM »

I would think beating Huntsman and Santorum in one of their more recent polls and inclusion in the latest debate would merit a Gary Johnson option. I'd be wrong.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies