CNN: Perry leads by 8 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:04:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CNN: Perry leads by 8 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN: Perry leads by 8  (Read 1375 times)
Bull Moose Base

« on: September 26, 2011, 01:08:27 PM »

First national poll taken after Thursday's debate?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

(Also shows Obama leading all Republicans head-to-head.)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/09/26/rel16a-1a.pdf
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »

Reports of Perry's demise are greatly exaggerated, apparently.

Well, PPP will release a new FL poll tomorrow and they said that the debate greatly impacted their numbers and that Romney is now clearly ahead in the state. Before it was a tie.

Sounds like the debate and Cain's upset straw win both fell in the middle of their polling.  Unclear whether it was the debate, the press, Cain's win or the press of that (no doubt even bigger news in FL than nationally) or the whole shebang that started to hurt Perry.

Also not clear that Perry's slippage in senior-rich Florida will be found nationally.  By CNN's measure, not so much.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 01:48:26 PM »

Cainmentum, baby!

I think Perry is stacking himself up for a Giuliani style loss. Yeah, the nat numbers still look good but he's lost Florida (and probably Iowa), he never had a shot in New Hampshire, and a late Cain/Newt dual resergence could spell trouble in South Carolina.  First four primary losses could prove to be lethal.

I'll believe Perry's in trouble in Iowa when I see it.  Forget the first 4, hard to see how losing South Carolina by itself wouldn't be fatal to a Perry campaign.  If he won it though, losing Florida probably wouldn't be the knockout punch it was to Giuliani.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies