Your number
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:54:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Your number
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Your number  (Read 19904 times)
CTguy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2004, 10:54:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes with Ross Perot stealing all of Dole's votes. It would have been much more competetive had Perot not run.

Interestingly enough, you are 15 points away from Jackson and I am 5 points away from Reagan... we know how that turned out with Jackson not even making the primaries Wink

Yes but again the Jackson number is not accurate so I have to throw out this whole rating system.  Also Perto costing Dole the election is bull...  or even making it more competitive is bull... If you add the Nader votes to Clinton it hovers around 50%...  Nader was to the left of Clinton, Perot was not to the right of Bush he was just on another plain entirely...  most of his voters either wouldn't have voted or could have gone either way.  Clinton demolished Dole because Dole was an old f*rt.

Nader is not very much more liberal than Kerry, if more liberal at all. Gore as probably not as liberal, but either way, Nader didn't take votes from only Gore. At any rate, Clinton only won by 9%, and i'm sure if Ross Perot hadn't run the election would have been closer. Clinton would probably still have won, which is really silly becuase he wasn't that popular. You're correct; they voted for Clinton becuase of looks, not becuase of intellect.

I bet if I ran against you for the white house I'd win. For one thing, i'm good looking.

You clearly would not win a presidential race against me... I'm white and better looking.

Nader isn't more liberal than Kerry.

Nader supports Gay Marriage.

Nader wants to severely limit big business interests in Alaska and other parts of the country as well as take a more pro-active approach in stopping logging and mining around the world.

Nader wants increased car regulations based on mpg standards.

Nader has talked about changing the electoral college to a Parliamentary system.

Nader is a pacifist in terms of world security.

Nader would raise taxes, Kerry would only raise taxes on the rich.

Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2004, 11:01:01 PM »

Whatever CTguy, I don't really care... but I really think I could easily wipe you out in an election.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2004, 11:05:10 PM »

This test considers social conservatism, religious conservatism, and fiscal conservatism to be the same philosophy.
CTguy

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2004, 11:08:15 PM »

Whatever CTguy, I don't really care... but I really think I could easily wipe you out in an election.

Not really... there are a lot of racists in this country...  I'm not proud of that fact...  that is why you don't see Colin Powell running for president... he wouldn't carry a Southern State...

The fact is the candidate with the bluest blood always wins (there is someone who actually studies this... and btw Kerry has bluer blood than Bush)...  

So by that fact alone a Wasp from CT beats a Mexican from CA...

Again, I am not saying I am proud of the fact that I would win because this country is filled with racists that can and do tip elections.

But I do hope the candidate with the bluest blood *does* always win since it means Bush will go packing...
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2004, 11:10:35 PM »

Not really... there are a lot of racists in this country...  I'm not proud of that fact...  that is why you don't see Colin Powell running for president... he wouldn't carry a Southern State...

The fact is the candidate with the bluest blood always wins (there is someone who actually studies this... and btw Kerry has bluer blood than Bush)...  

Again, I am not saying I am proud of the fact that I would win because this country is filled with racists that can and do tip elections.

But I do hope the candidate with the bluest blood *does* always win since it means Bush will go packing...

Well I would definately get the hispanic vote- so about 11% of the population right there, and then I would get the conservative vote, an additional 33% right there... that adds up to 43% of the population. I think a lot of the swing voters would like to see a Roman Catholic, hard working, Mexican, from a poor childhood.
CTguy

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2004, 11:15:05 PM »

Well I would definately get the hispanic vote- so about 11% of the population right there, and then I would get the conservative vote, an additional 33% right there... that adds up to 43% of the population. I think a lot of the swing voters would like to see a Roman Catholic, hard working, Mexican, from a poor childhood.

First of all, while the hispanic population might be slightly more than 11%, the hispanic population is younger and not as eligible to vote, nor do they turn out at the same rate.  So you would get around 6 or 7% of the vote...  Not that they vote as a block, many of them are liberal and inter-fight between nationalities...  but lets assume that...

Then the conservative vote would not vote as a block because you are forgetting there are many racial extremists on that end of the political spectrum (remember the poll I posted showing 10-15% of people still think interracial marriage should be banned)...

As to the Roman Catholic swing voter thing.  I am technically Roman Catholic too...  I have Irish roots and an Irish last name... Even though I think Christianity is a load of horsesh**t, I wouldn't have to say that, people would just assume I am Roman Catholic so that cancels that out.

And then the black vote would go democrat no matter what, along with the gay vote and the unions.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2004, 11:32:50 PM »

Yes, I know the population is around 13-14%, but I doubt I will get 100% of the hispanic vote. That's why I said 11%. Also, if I run, it's not going to be till I'm a bit older. By then, the hispanic vote will be greater.

Yeah, but I have a white figure. I'm a white hispanic- not indian.

No, you're Atheist as you've made quite clear. If you said you were Roman Catholic I would be sure to get my campaign manager to get a scandal going about your true religion.

Okay, so like, 13% of the population (and by the time you run, the black population will be less since their population in the US is decreasing). No homosexuals do not make up 10% of the population. It's like 5%-6%.

I would definately get the swing vote though. Firstly, good looks, secondly, I'm a city boy, third, I'm a proud American. And i'm smart. And I'm good looking. Did I mention that I'm good looking?
CTguy

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2004, 12:06:30 AM »

Did I claim homosexuals were 10% of the vote...  Whatever percentage they are would clearly go to me as you think they are freaks with mental disorders...

Again, the hispanic vote is not mobilized so I doubt even when you run will they be 14% of the electorate...  And by the way, if you wait too long then you'll really have trouble based on your views of homosexuality that run contrary to younger voters.

Also, the black population is not decreasing, unlike the white population, which is decreasing in its share of the total population because of hispanics and asians...  the black population has slightly increased their relative share of the population due to higher birth rates...

Yes I'm sure some Mexicans are white looking but my reference was to a study that shows that candidates with the bluer blood always win.  Unless your ancestors are extremely waspy, that would be me.

And as to the Roman Catholic thing, no-one can trace this message board stuff.  I could easily delete all of my anti-religious posts and pretend I am a catholic.  I know how to bullsh*t, believe me.
MarkDel

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2004, 12:43:37 AM »

I scored a 30 which placed me in the "Jack Kemp" category according to their chart. This is extremely accurate as Jack Kemp is definitely my kind of conservative. Bush ran as a "compassionate" conservative, but Kemp is the real thing. He's far right wing on foreign policy issues, promotes fiscal discipline while still recognizing that the government does have a role to play in providing a "safety net" for those people who slip through the cracks in the American dream, and Kemp places almost zero emphasis on symbolic social issues that have little or no impact on people's actual daily lives.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2004, 01:23:58 AM »

TEN !!!

I think I moved farther to the left since the last time I took this.

Perot didn't cost Dole much at all. Arguably most of them would have stayed at home or voted for some other third party. Probably only Kentucky would have changed without Perot.

Nah, Perot voters were all your softer-headed type of Republican, to a man.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2004, 01:26:27 AM »

Blue blood?  CTGuy, you're sorely lacking on that count.  

Besides, Clinton was 'white trash', and Reagan not much better..  can anyone think of some more examples?

TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2004, 01:38:02 AM »

I got 31.

A little more to the right then I thought I should be but then again this test is really old.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2004, 02:11:04 AM »

I scored 23.

You could call that scale from Criminal to Upstanding citizen. Jesse Jackson being the criminal.
dunn

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2004, 02:49:09 AM »

This test considers social conservatism, religious conservatism, and fiscal conservatism to be the same philosophy.
true
the other one is much better
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2004, 04:42:13 AM »

I got 13... so moderatly to the left of Bill Clinton and to the right of Hillary and Ted... ok seems about right... but then on some issues i am pretty much right in sink with Bill Clinton's views...
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2004, 04:45:56 AM »

I scored 23.

You could call that scale from Criminal to Upstanding citizen. Jesse Jackson being the criminal.

How is Jesse Jackson a criminal?.... Sharpton perhaps but Jackson is decent guy...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2004, 06:58:48 AM »

This test also offers way to few answer options. Questions 10, 17, 21 and 24 forced me to say something I consider patently wrong, for others it may have been others...
I got an 8, same as last time around.
The best question is clearly: Who do you trust more, the Pentagon or the US Postal Service?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2004, 07:01:21 AM »

Got 11, slightly right of Hillary.

And I tend to trust the U.S. Postal Service more than the Pentagon. Cheesy
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2004, 07:08:31 AM »

Same here... Smiley
dunn

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2004, 07:12:23 AM »

me too
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2004, 10:24:53 AM »

The hispanics will be much more than 14%. THey'll be at like 17% or 18%. Hispanics- even young hispanics- are conservative on social issues.

Blacks have higher birth rates, but thanks to planned parenthood, 1,300 of black pregnancies end in death every day. Their population is decreasing.

My cousin was the mayor of Veracruz, my uncles fought in the Cristero movement. I lived in Mexico. Further, I don't see any candidate with more mexican blood than I... just a really anti-poverty anti-religious communist.

And I can easily delete all my stuff about homosexuality. But I'm not going to because I'm an honest candidate :-D
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2004, 10:31:18 AM »

I scored 23.

Shocked

Only 23...?

This means that the 2 most centrist persons so far are me and StatesRights...I mean, I'm closest to StatesRights! That's not what I expected... Wink
dunn

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2004, 10:35:26 AM »

I scored 23.

Shocked

Only 23...?

This means that the 2 most centrist persons so far are me and StatesRights...I mean, I'm closest to StatesRights! That's not what I expected... Wink
economy speaking he is centrist
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2004, 11:15:35 AM »

Hehe... I guess he's a liberal compared to me Smiley

I scored 23.

Shocked

Only 23...?

economy speaking he is centrist
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2004, 11:54:07 AM »

This test was extremely biased -- it grouped in a whole bunch of different crap, and was rather vague on almost all the questions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies