anyone here know if it is possible to get income info on census tracts?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:11:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  anyone here know if it is possible to get income info on census tracts?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: anyone here know if it is possible to get income info on census tracts?  (Read 663 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2012, 12:43:28 PM »

my idea is if I could find it, I could give it to Dave Bradlee and he could put it on his app. Anyone think this might be the poorest CD in the nation (this is in the LA area)

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 02:20:22 PM »

The poorest cd is probably in some economically depressed rural area. That might be the poorest district you can draw in SoCal though. Maybe an assembly district drawn around San Bernardino could be poorer.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 06:08:19 PM »

It is possible to get the 5-year-estimated median household income for census tracts.  Go to factfinder2.census.gov, select the state you want, and under Topics, People: Income/Earnings and then Median Household Income - S1903 for individuals.

Note the data is for census tracts, not the smaller census blocks or block groups or voting districts that DRA usually uses.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies