Mexico 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:42:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Mexico 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mexico 2012  (Read 85856 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: October 14, 2011, 10:53:25 AM »

Just had a great short talk with the former Ambassador to Mexico, who was telling me how Ernesto Cordero is to him the only panista to stand a chance. He doesn't appear to think either Creel or that lady stand much of a chance. Also interesting how he mentioned that Pena Nieto, while a boring centrist who won't change much, might be less confrontational on the drug issue and more likely to make some reforms to the oil sector and so forth because he'd likely have a congressional majority.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:49:29 AM »

Weird regional results. Anybody want to take a stab at some explanations?

Tamaulipas for JVM, along with Nuevo Leon (fair enough), Guanajuato (well, obviously) and Veracruz... what's up with the first and last state on this list?

Priista landslide in Zacatecas: isn't this a PRD stronghold normally?

Baja California seems sucky both for PAN (in the north) and PRD (in the south)

On the other, aren't those some pretty strong PRD performances in Tabasco (even though Madrazo probably had a boost there in 2006), Oaxaca and Puebla?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 04:22:22 PM »

Did they publish the composition of Congress, including the PR seats in both chambers? Or is there a simple way to guess them? I don't want to delay my blog post for too long because they're lagers.

Re: Chiapas. It's amusing how the PVEM's victory in the gubernatorial race had an effect on other races: 19.2% for Ken Barbie on the PVEM line, 3 house seats for PVEM candidates, 24.8% for the PVEM line on the PRI-PVEM senatorial slate. Was the PVEM strong in Chiapas beforehand or is this a new development? The PVEM has always fascinated me as a party.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 03:51:13 PM »

I think Velasco's grandfather was a PRI governor in the state in the 1970s.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies