Gregoire by 8 votes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:53:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gregoire by 8 votes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Gregoire by 8 votes  (Read 20187 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2004, 04:30:56 AM »

There are some cool maps at

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/images/maps/maps.htm

Distribution of Cathoics at ward level subset has some good ones.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2004, 04:42:10 AM »

There are some cool maps at

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/images/maps/maps.htm

Distribution of Cathoics at ward level subset has some good ones.

Great site!

More maps for me to look at... thanks :-)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2004, 05:41:58 AM »

Nice thread hijack we've executed here. Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2004, 05:58:30 AM »

True. One of the best for a while :-)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2004, 09:18:26 AM »

Is there any proof that the ballots counted in the manual recount were fradulent and not valid?

Or are Republicans just assuming they are, with no evidence?

The 8 vote Gregoire lead doesn't include the 573 ballots in King County, though I see no reason to believe that those aren't valid votes, either.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2004, 09:24:15 AM »

Is there any proof that the ballots counted in the manual recount were fradulent and not valid?

They are deeming them to be fraudulent on account of how long they managed to prevent them from being counted, obviously.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
On the grounds of wanting a clear result, that's good to hear.
On the aesthetic pleasure of as close a result as possible, it's not.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2004, 10:02:03 AM »

The 8 vote Gregoire lead doesn't include the 573 ballots in King County, though I see no reason to believe that those aren't valid votes, either.

What about the several hundred other found ballots?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2004, 10:07:43 AM »

According to actual state law, the ballots shouldn't count.  Turning up enough ballots at the end to win is a classic old Democrat trick that goes back to the days of good ol' Mayor Richard Daley of Chicago.  No one else has added any "new" ballots to this recount, only King County is trying to; the other "new" ballots in other counties that changed the numbers were found to have not been counted by the machines before.

Also, if there isn't enough proof of MSM bias, note that when the Dem chairman says that Gregoire has an 8-vote win, the AP says Gregoire has an 8-vote win.  Whenever they referred to Rossi's wins earlier, the AP reported them as "leads" or "ties".

As a Democrat, I'm proud to see that we were able to successfully steal this election and that there are plenty of Democrat supporters who continue to be dumb enough after all of these years to believe that the win was fair and square.  Means we can keep doing this until kingdom comes if we need to.  Yee-haw!
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2004, 11:45:50 AM »

What about the several hundred other found ballots?
According to actual state law, the ballots shouldn't count. Turning up enough ballots at the end to win is a classic old Democrat trick that goes back to the days of good ol' Mayor Richard Daley of Chicago. No one else has added any "new" ballots to this recount, only King County is trying to; the other "new" ballots in other counties that changed the numbers were found to have not been counted by the machines before.

Also, if there isn't enough proof of MSM bias, note that when the Dem chairman says that Gregoire has an 8-vote win, the AP says Gregoire has an 8-vote win. Whenever they referred to Rossi's wins earlier, the AP reported them as "leads" or "ties".

As a Democrat, I'm proud to see that we were able to successfully steal this election and that there are plenty of Democrat supporters who continue to be dumb enough after all of these years to believe that the win was fair and square. Means we can keep doing this until kingdom comes if we need to. Yee-haw!

I fail to see how the actions of Richard Daley 40 or more years ago are relevant to the current Washington Governor's race. Every Democrat for the rest of eternity will now automatically be assumed to be trying to steal an election, because of Daley? Or is there a statute of limitations that will eventually expire?

Not to mention that it's a tad simplistic to assume that all members of a party will behave exactly the same way, especially over a long period of time.

The media reports that I've seen have reported that Rossi won the original count by 261, and the machine recount by 42, and that Gregoire won the hand count by 8. I haven't seen any inconsisties in reporting, in the use of the terms "lead" and "win", but then obviously I haven't checked every conceivable source.

Apparently the concept of "guilty until proven innocent" is what applies here. The default is to assume that Democrats have cheated, unless they can prove that they haven't cheated, right? I have never seen any proof or even evidence really that these ballots are invalid, other than basically "well they just have to be fradulent votes, because those Democrats will do anything to win".
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2004, 03:00:46 PM »

This is really too much:  the state Democratic Chairman is asking Rossi to concede because he alleges that Gregoire has an 8 vote victory.  Yet, King County has not reported its results to the Secretary of State (as of my writing this).

Are we to infer that some insider from the King Co Board of Elections has leaked this information?  Even if that is legal, consider this:  after the official count and the first recount, Rossi had 261 and 42 vote leads.  Those were officially released returns.  There were Republican calls for Gregoire to concede, but here we have no officially released results and the Democratic Chairman tells Rossi to hang it up over his reports of an 8 vote victory. 

What am I missing here?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2004, 04:00:10 PM »

Berendt (state democrat chairman) is...strange.

A few weeks ago he was on the news, he said it was important for all the votes to be counted, while bursting into tears. I was like, what..
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2004, 04:04:53 PM »

Everyone needs to understand that the vote counting systems in King county and the rest of the state are very different.

King county is the ONLY county where they have had multiple 'findings' of votes.

The vote counting process is the rest of the state has NOT been questioned (to the best of my knowledge) questioned by anyone.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2004, 04:22:24 PM »

Everyone needs to understand that the vote counting systems in King county and the rest of the state are very different.

King county is the ONLY county where they have had multiple 'findings' of votes.

The vote counting process is the rest of the state has NOT been questioned (to the best of my knowledge) questioned by anyone.

well King county is the most populous counties and will obviously have more quirks than the other counties
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2004, 04:35:35 PM »

A few questions...

1) When is King county supposed to report in?

2) If Rossi doesn't win this round of recounts, will he call for another one? Will there be more court battles?
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2004, 04:55:05 PM »

To answer your first question.

The King county report is supposed to be at 3:30 pm PST.

As to your second question, its hard to tell.

The best solution would be to rerun the election as the vote count in King county is totally absurd.  They would need to have a team to watch Dean to make sure he doesn't play anymore tricks to make such an election valid.

I suspect that Rossi probably follow the path of Nixon in 1960, and run for office another day (and be rewarded with victory for being willing to put aside prolonging the contest which Gregoire and Logan have determined to win at all costs).

In his concession speech, he should call for changes in the process to prevent the shenanigans of Logan and his crew in future elections.

Gregoire will probably assume office, and be under constant trouble throughout her one term.

phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2004, 05:26:45 PM »

She'll easilyg get re-elected in Washington, it is after all, a more Democratic state than North Dakota.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2004, 05:28:08 PM »

Gregoire better be a good governor.

However, in any case, Carl, unless she is mediocre or worse, she will be re-elected. She ran a truly awful campaign. It's not that Washingtonians love Rossi; most votes were grundgingly because Gregoire was so widely disliked.

If she becomes more personable, she's unbeatable.

It's Washington.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2004, 05:44:03 PM »

If Rossi loses this race, I hope he starts planning for a 2006 Senate race  Smiley
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2004, 05:57:17 PM »

That would be a great race. Cantwell would hurt him significantly by actually running a race against him (which Gregoire didn't do). Very interesting...

In any case, we will know in 33 minutes.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2004, 06:40:33 PM »

King County now reporting at 4PM pacific time (20 more minutes).
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2004, 07:01:05 PM »

Gregoire ahead by 10! Although the 723 ballots must now be considered, although I doubt they will hurt Gregoire.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2004, 07:01:42 PM »

Gregoire better be a good governor.

However, in any case, Carl, unless she is mediocre or worse, she will be re-elected. She ran a truly awful campaign. It's not that Washingtonians love Rossi; most votes were grundgingly because Gregoire was so widely disliked.

If she becomes more personable, she's unbeatable.

It's Washington.

It really doesn't matter whether the people hate her or not as long as Dean Logan is 'finding' votes for her.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2004, 08:47:41 PM »

If Rossi loses this race, I hope he starts planning for a 2006 Senate race  Smiley

Is your pal Santorum going to move back to Pennsylvania from Virginia before the 2006 election?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2004, 10:12:10 PM »

Is your pal Santorum going to move back to Pennsylvania from Virginia before the 2006 election?

I guess you should ask that question to all the other Senators and members of Congress that have residences in Virginia and Maryland.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2004, 10:49:31 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_Rossi

"Rossi has worked against Roe vs. Wade, attacked opponents for supporting gay rights, and proclaimed that creationism should be taught in public schools. Although Rossi campaigned on being pro-life and in favor of state and federal amendments that would (as written) ban all benefits and legal contracts for gay couples, he downplayed his long history of fundamentalist rhetoric and claimed he was a "fiscal moderate with a social conscience.""

Doesn't sound like a good fit for Washington to me. Gregoire must've ran a terrible campaign if she didn't exploit this. All Cantwell needs to do is point this out to make him toast if he goes on a Senate run.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies