Redistricting Commissions and Referenda (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:08:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Redistricting Commissions and Referenda (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Redistricting Commissions and Referenda  (Read 5225 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« on: October 17, 2011, 09:37:23 AM »

Garbage commissions has not worked out well for New Jersey where the commissions keep implementing Democratic gerrymanders.

That said, at least there is a sense of honor in that municipalities are not sliced and diced.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 11:54:57 AM »

I guess as has been stated up above, it was a Democratic gerrymander that they accepted. I have no clue how the legislative maps were, but the congressional map seems fair. And I don't think NJ has the kind of commission I want.

Commissions are many times not quite as they advertise. Iowa style rules requiring geographical boundaries are indeed useful if they are not simply disregarded.

At least with Martin Omalley what you see is what you get.

The current congressional map is fair; it's merely ugly. It is indeed possible that Mr. Farmar will use the basic principle of vengeance and sack one of the Democrats, creating a new unfair map.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies