Is it more "stereotypically liberal" to dress up or not dress up?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:34:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is it more "stereotypically liberal" to dress up or not dress up?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it more "stereotypically liberal" to dress up or not dress up?
Dress up

Not dress up

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Is it more "stereotypically liberal" to dress up or not dress up?  (Read 819 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2011, 10:28:18 PM »

Something I was thinking about lately, I mean on the one hand you have the rather teabagger-ish mentality of "liberal elitists" being wealthy types of the "latte liberal" variety and always wearing expensive clothes because they are so out of touch with the working man, but on the other hand insisting that people should dress up for occasions is kind of a conservative mindset and it's pretty obvious what the political leanings of most people who who usually wear T-shirts and ripped jeans are.

I voted "not dress up" just because that's me. And the non-dressed up crowds at the music I go to are obviously overwhelmingly liberal.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 11:14:59 PM »

Well, I wear preppy clothes every day and I'd consider myself fairly liberal (economically). People around campus always ask me if I'm in a fraternity...I'm not.

Still, in the south, I think I'd be more the exception than the rule.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 12:06:53 AM »

There is something inherently wrong with liberals that wear suits.

(of course I don't trust anybody that is trying too hard to look "nice"...clearly you all have something to hide)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 01:32:45 AM »

I commented on this somewhere already this evening, but earlier today I noticed an unusually large number of guys wearing blazers, ties and khaki pants wandering amongst the ordinary tourists on the Strip.  Lo and behold, the Western Republican Conference is in town.

There are always conventions of all types going on here of course, and thus men wearing suits isn't an unusual sight in such a specifically casual environment.  However, this particular "fashion" combo seems to be exclusive to Republicans.  I don't get it.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 12:36:27 PM »

There is something inherently wrong with liberals that wear suits.

(of course I don't trust anybody that is trying too hard to look "nice"...clearly you all have something to hide)

Everyone has something to hide, deadman - this is a function of our prudish, controlling society.  I don't wear suits, but I do have a sort of casual professorish dress-code, which means button-down shirts tucked into slacks, and at least partly closed shoes with socks (no exposed foot-flesh).

I hate work, but I don't mind dressing up - if I could do less work by coming in in crisp suits I would be happy to do so.  Suits aren't even that uncomfortable.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 12:41:15 PM »

Like any true progressive, I dress up if there is no code and dress casual when there is one.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 07:00:11 PM »

I commented on this somewhere already this evening, but earlier today I noticed an unusually large number of guys wearing blazers, ties and khaki pants wandering amongst the ordinary tourists on the Strip.  Lo and behold, the Western Republican Conference is in town.

There are always conventions of all types going on here of course, and thus men wearing suits isn't an unusual sight in such a specifically casual environment.  However, this particular "fashion" combo seems to be exclusive to Republicans.  I don't get it.

You must've gone to public school. It's ok. I did too.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 07:17:51 PM »

I think it might be more of a conservative thing, but to assign political meaning to dressing well is just silly.

Of course the line of thought I hold with my beliefs is certainly conservative.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies