The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:19:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 115698 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: October 19, 2011, 05:55:32 AM »

A nice bit for South Carolina from Romney:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qdyewv9EDI&feature=relmfu
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 12:20:57 AM »

That smoking ad is HILARIOUS. It's obvious he's not really running for president and realizes the whole thing is a joke. I mean, come on...just listen to that song and watch Cain's goofy smile. I love it.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 12:23:59 AM »
« Edited: October 26, 2011, 12:26:04 AM by Politico »

The Cain folks are out with another ad (let the others chop each others heads off, Cain's THE MAN !):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpGAng0EDhE

Now that's a good ad. Obviously low budget, but emotionally effective.

Cain's campaign is the Rocky IV of political campaigns, so it is fitting. However, I suspect Vince DiCola and Survivor do not approve of Cain (or his PAC or whatever) using their music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZA6mvMXxBQ
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 06:14:42 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2011, 06:16:40 PM by Politico »

Rick Perry makes fun of himself in this new ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aiCRW5zGSG4

It's really hard not to like this guy on a personal level.

Good ad. I feel bad for the guy. I think he's probably a good guy. Not presidential material, but not many people are these days. He would have been much better off staying out of the race. I am sure he would have been on everybody's shortlist for VP.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 12:31:48 PM »

Romney's new ad in Iowa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvxDzS7B774&feature=player_embedded

He mentions how he's been married to the same woman for 42 years.

Hint, hint.

Great ad. Maybe gets people talking about Gingrich's marital/religious flip-flopping.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 10:54:28 AM »

Ron Paul gives Newt Gingrich yet another beat-down:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ronpaul#p/a/u/0/hRdqGKA782A

Ouch! Gingrich better hope Paul doesn't air that ad in Iowa...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 12:33:35 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2011, 12:35:30 PM by Politico »

What the hell is Red White and Blue Fund and who is giving them money to run Rick Santorum ads?

This. Talk about a waste of money. I bet 50% of the 320 views on YouTube are from Santorum's sole supporter, and the rest of the 50% are from the rest of this forum.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 11:20:11 PM »

Dunno if this was already posted, but a very good anti-Obama Romney ad that was posted earlier this week:

http://youtu.be/rZFr-LbWeMU

Ouch. It is really hard to see Obama overcoming ads like this. I know it is really early, but I really think we're looking at a landslide loss for the president.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 10:32:50 AM »

Dunno if this was already posted, but a very good anti-Obama Romney ad that was posted earlier this week:

http://youtu.be/rZFr-LbWeMU

Ouch. It is really hard to see Obama overcoming ads like this. I know it is really early, but I really think we're looking at a landslide loss for the president.

More obnoxious than anything, and what is Mitt's job plan?

Backed by distinguished economists from Harvard and Columbia, here is Mitt's 59-point economics plan:

http://mittromney.com/sites/default/files/shared/BelieveInAmerica-PlanForJobsAndEconomicGrowth-Full.pdf

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Great myth in your attempt to push European-style class warfare, but it does not jive with the real world. In the real world, some businesses succeed and some fail. Mitt's company saved many more businesses than they lost, and literally hundreds of thousands of jobs were created (and saved) in the process.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 12:51:08 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2011, 01:06:39 PM by Politico »

Great myth in your attempt to push European-style class warfare, but it does not jive with the real world. In the real world, some businesses succeed and some fail. Mitt's company saved many more businesses than they lost, and literally hundreds of thousands of jobs were created (and saved) in the process.

I see that you're totally avoiding the point that he layed other people off for a living. That's not class warfare, that's a fact.

I know you are accustomed to Eurosclerosis and blithely blinded by your belief in Big Brother, but lines like the above do not work in America. Here is a quick question for our rational thinkers on here:

What is better: A company goes bankrupt and everybody in the company loses their job, or a company is restructured, restored to profitability and is able to grow and employ more people down the road?

In the real world, some businesses succeed and some businesses fail. Some are able to comeback from downturns and some are not. Obviously layoffs suck, that goes without saying, but sometimes they are necessary in order to get a company back onto a path that will lead to success. Otherwise, the company goes under and everybody in the company loses their job.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 03:05:23 PM »

That actually makes me like Mitt more.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 03:07:18 PM »

Unless he does unexpectedly well in NH, he's pretty much finished. He's spending daddy's money at this point.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 06:39:30 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2012, 06:41:29 PM by Politico »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j_k-0vvotQU

anti-Mitt web ad from Newt on the fees/taxes he signed.  seems like it could be an effective critique.

I am sorry, but I laughed out loud when it said, "People who are blind" and "golfers." It's like some sort of SNL parody of awful attack ads. Clearly Romney was not hiking taxes on "people who are blind" and "skaters" and so forth.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2012, 04:41:50 PM by Politico »

Hahah, running a general election campaign against this guy is going to be fun.

Obama's 2012 re-election campaign slogan: "Hope? Nope."

Romney: "Believe in America."

Yeah, I am a bit more optimistic about Romney's chances than Obama's, and that's not even considering the failure to end The Great Recession.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2012, 04:50:47 PM by Politico »

You're confusing campaign slogans with the things idiot teabaggers write on their signs.

You do realize that Obama is effectively proving that the 2008 "hope" stuff was complete and utter nonsense in the eyes of the entire electorate if he engages in a 1980-style scorched earth campaign against Romney, right?

In a desperate and pathetic attempt to win re-election on a pathetic record, Obama is clearly going to go after Romney the same way that Carter went after Reagan. How did that work out for Carter again?

All Romney needs is his own "there you go again" moment.

Obama has his base of roughly 40% of the electorate who will vote for him no matter what. About 10-13% of the electorate that Obama won over last time is just BEGGING for a reason to publicly state, "I can't vote for him again," and Obama going negative like George W. Bush in 2004 or Jimmy Carter in 1980 is going to seal the deal for those folks. They are DYING to get this guy out of office, but don't want to publicly state their displeasure until Obama says or does something unsavory like constant attacks on Mitt Romney.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »

Yeah, that ad needs to be edited down to 30 seconds and put on TV in South Carolina ASAP.

LOL, I love the logic. He speaks Frenchs, so he can't be president.

Yeah, I bet Romney is the only Republican running who realizes that Jefferson, along with a sizable amount of the rest of the Founding Fathers, was a huge admirer of many aspects of the French.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 05:12:03 PM »

You're confusing campaign slogans with the things idiot teabaggers write on their signs.

You do realize that Obama is effectively proving that the 2008 "hope" stuff was complete and utter nonsense in the eyes of the entire electorate if he engages in a 1980-style scorched earth campaign against Romney, right?

In a desperate and pathetic attempt to win re-election on a pathetic record, Obama is clearly going to go after Romney the same way that Carter went after Reagan. How did that work out for Carter again?

Obama has his base of roughly 40% of the electorate who will vote for him no matter what. About 10-13% of the electorate that Obama won over last time is just BEGGING for a reason to publicly state, "I can't vote for him again," and Obama going negative like George W. Bush in 2004 or Jimmy Carter in 1980 is going to seal the deal for those folks. They are DYING to get this guy out of office, but don't want to publicly state their displeasure until Obama says or does something unsavory like constant attacks on Mitt Romney.

LOLZ...You are truly ridiculous. Barack Obama has 100x the record Willard Mitt Romney has...Willard Mitt Romney was a failure as governor and was a failure in each race he has run for, this one included. It really speaks to how pathetic the GOP currently is that they would consider Willard Mitt Romney a decent candidate.

Time will tell if I am right. I think you're going to be very displeased with the results on Tuesday, November 6.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 09:58:19 PM »

The problem with your analogy is that people actually liked Ronald Reagan. No one likes Mitt Romney.

^This.

Mitt Romney is the candidate of last resort, don't forget.

Just like Reagan, Romney is never going to be liked by those on the left. However, evidence is starting to come in that the more and more people are exposed to Romney, the more they like him, at least for those on the right and in the center (i.e., Republicans and non-leftist independents). He's a good person who has been successful in the past. He's never going to be anybody's idea of a savior, but that's a problem when people think people can be saviors.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 10:15:19 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2012, 10:24:04 PM by Politico »

The problem with your analogy is that people actually liked Ronald Reagan. No one likes Mitt Romney.

^This.

Mitt Romney is the candidate of last resort, don't forget.

Just like Reagan, Romney is never going to be liked by those on the left. However, evidence is starting to come in that the more and more people are exposed to Romney, the more they like him, at least for those on the right and in the center (i.e., Republicans and non-leftist independents). He's a good person who has been successful in the past. He's never going to be anybody's idea of a savior, but that's a problem when people think people can be saviors.

Reagan wasn't the last resort candidate. He won his primaries by a landslide.

Actually, Reagan lost Iowa to Bush, and may not have won New Hampshire if not for his "I am paying for this microphone!" moment.

Obviously I am speaking about success as an executive, not a campaigner. Just like Romney, Reagan also lost two races (1968 and 1976 presidential races) before winning the presidency. We already have a Campaigner-in-Chief in the White House, and it did not really work out. It's time for a competent executive to be CEO of the nation.

As for likeability, the results in Iowa and New Hampshire speak loudly, but here is the latest national CNN poll, which shows an increase in likeability: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/13/cnn-poll-winning-helps-romney-on-likeability-issues/

And another hint: Romney did not win in Massachusetts as a Republican by not being liked by voters.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 12:29:20 AM »

We already have a Campaigner-in-Chief in the White House, and it did not really work out. It's time for a competent executive to be CEO of the nation.

Huh?

What is a "CEO of the nation"?

POTUS is the head, or chief, of the executive branch of the federal government. In that sense, it is fair to say the president is "the CEO of the nation" and his Cabinet are his executives.

Unlike Obama, Romney has not made his living at being a politician. Romney is, first and foremost, a family man and a businessman. Again, it is kind of like Reagan: Like Romney, Reagan made his fortune in the private sector long before running for political office.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 01:29:03 AM »

There are basically no similarities between serving as CEO of a company and serving as the president of a country.

No similarities? That type of thinking is why our debt load and deficit are so out of control, and the markets have no confidence in Washington whatsoever. We need people in office who know economics and business.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 09:31:03 AM »

How long before these ads start playing in Florida:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjD_IFclRro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRdqGKA782A
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 06:43:31 PM »

Hello, 2008. Welcome to 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EKqQWPjyo
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2012, 09:25:51 PM by Politico »

People love the driving ads. We'll run a lot of them in the fall if Romney is the nominee. It shows Romney is not that different from regular folks. It shows he's not THAT rich that he doesn't drive. I doubt Steve Forbes and John Kerry have driven in decades, for example. Obviously Barack hasn't driven around America the last few years for obvious reasons, but he's also not in touch with what is happening outside of Washington, DC. That is an important contrast to make in the fall. Focusing on social issues like Rick Santorum is obviously not going to allow that contrast to happen.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 10:56:35 PM »

People love the driving ads. We'll run a lot of them in the fall if Romney is the nominee. It shows Romney is not that different from regular folks. It shows he's not THAT rich that he doesn't drive. I doubt Steve Forbes and John Kerry have driven in decades, for example. Obviously Barack hasn't driven around America the last few years for obvious reasons, but he's also not in touch with what is happening outside of Washington, DC. That is an important contrast to make in the fall. Focusing on social issues like Rick Santorum is obviously not going to allow that contrast to happen.

Yeah, 'cos Millionaire Mitt always drives himself around.

He's proven that he can and does. Hell, he always drove himself around when he worked for Bain.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies