The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:39:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 115636 times)
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« on: October 26, 2011, 09:27:05 AM »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqCEEg3b7E

Governor Perry goes on the air.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 05:25:05 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2011, 09:52:00 AM by Drunk Rick Perry »

Priorities USA Action, a supporting PAC for the Obama-campaign by former White House staffer Bill Burton is out with a tough new ad against Mitt Romney:

http://www.youtube.com/user/prioritiesUSAaction#p/a/u/0/Oz1aLR05eb8

I knew that "There's a lot of reasons not to elect me" would end up biting him a bit. I expect it to crop up quite a bit.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 09:54:46 AM »

That was really good! But, then again, that victory speech will go down in history...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 07:37:45 PM »

He thinks he's on 2012, as in the film.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 06:01:43 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K85pRjFJ3bU

Dem attack ad on Mitt.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 09:26:23 PM »

change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 12:06:07 PM »

DNC out with a new Flip-Flop-Mitt ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=CUOM9QvhG5I

"The 30 second ad, titled “Trapped,” will play in six markets, including Albuquerque, Raleigh-Durham, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Washington, DC, and Milwaukee."

And here's the longer version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9njHHyRI7g

The extended version is excellent!
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 05:18:01 PM »

"That's not politics, that's Utah."
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 12:36:57 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2011, 12:39:37 PM by $10,000 bet »

The DNC turns to Newt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrxkLI0aG_k&feature=g-u - The Original Tea Partier

And more on Mitt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAXtkYA4HFo - Extreme on Immigration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_OaY8uCTdQ - #YoungerThanMittsPoliticalCareer (I found this one quite funny)
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 11:00:48 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Great myth in your attempt to push European-style class warfare, but it does not jive with the real world. In the real world, some businesses succeed and some fail. Mitt's company saved many more businesses than they lost, and literally hundreds of thousands of jobs were created (and saved) in the process.

I see that you're totally avoiding the point that he layed other people off for a living. That's not class warfare, that's a fact.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 06:21:14 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Great myth in your attempt to push European-style class warfare, but it does not jive with the real world. In the real world, some businesses succeed and some fail. Mitt's company saved many more businesses than they lost, and literally hundreds of thousands of jobs were created (and saved) in the process.

I see that you're totally avoiding the point that he layed other people off for a living. That's not class warfare, that's a fact.

I know you are accustomed to Eurosclerosis and blithely blinded by your belief in Big Brother, but lines like the above do not work in America. Here is a quick question for our rational thinkers on here:

What is better: A company goes bankrupt and everybody in the company loses their job, or a company is restructured, restored to profitability and is able to grow and employ more people down the road?

In the real world, some businesses succeed and some businesses fail. Some are able to comeback from downturns and some are not. Obviously layoffs suck, that goes without saying, but sometimes they are necessary in order to get a company back onto a path that will lead to success. Otherwise, the company goes under and everybody in the company loses their job.

Go and say that to someone who Mitt Romney fired. "Oh, it's alright my friend, atleast that business is still goin'. Shame about you though." That's how it's framed in terms of electoral politics, Romney's gonna get swift-boated by this.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 08:27:02 AM »

Any President, Mr. Romney? Really?
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 07:15:23 PM »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc0QFc9qaGw - Mitt Fits
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 02:24:26 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt_XlYEcTkY - Live Free or Die (Huntsman)
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 04:54:46 PM »

Yeah, that ad needs to be edited down to 30 seconds and put on TV in South Carolina ASAP.

LOL, I love the logic. He speaks Frenchs, so he can't be president.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 08:39:24 PM »

Hahah, running a general election campaign against this guy is going to be fun.

Obama's 2012 re-election campaign slogan: "Hope? Nope."

You're confusing campaign slogans with the things idiot teabaggers write on their signs.

You do realize that Obama is effectively proving that the 2008 "hope" stuff was complete and utter nonsense in the eyes of the entire electorate if he engages in a 1980-style scorched earth campaign against Romney, right?

In a desperate and pathetic attempt to win re-election on a pathetic record, Obama is clearly going to go after Romney the same way that Carter went after Reagan. How did that work out for Carter again?

All Romney needs is his own "there you go again" moment.

Obama has his base of roughly 40% of the electorate who will vote for him no matter what. About 10-13% of the electorate that Obama won over last time is just BEGGING for a reason to publicly state, "I can't vote for him again," and Obama going negative like George W. Bush in 2004 or Jimmy Carter in 1980 is going to seal the deal for those folks. They are DYING to get this guy out of office, but don't want to publicly state their displeasure until Obama says or does something unsavory like constant attacks on Mitt Romney.

The problem with your analogy is that people actually liked Ronald Reagan. No one likes Mitt Romney.

^This.

Mitt Romney is the candidate of last resort, don't forget.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 08:42:30 PM »

Very swiftboaty.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 10:03:28 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2012, 10:05:24 PM by Flip-Flop Mitt »

Hahah, running a general election campaign against this guy is going to be fun.

Obama's 2012 re-election campaign slogan: "Hope? Nope."

You're confusing campaign slogans with the things idiot teabaggers write on their signs.

You do realize that Obama is effectively proving that the 2008 "hope" stuff was complete and utter nonsense in the eyes of the entire electorate if he engages in a 1980-style scorched earth campaign against Romney, right?

In a desperate and pathetic attempt to win re-election on a pathetic record, Obama is clearly going to go after Romney the same way that Carter went after Reagan. How did that work out for Carter again?

All Romney needs is his own "there you go again" moment.

Obama has his base of roughly 40% of the electorate who will vote for him no matter what. About 10-13% of the electorate that Obama won over last time is just BEGGING for a reason to publicly state, "I can't vote for him again," and Obama going negative like George W. Bush in 2004 or Jimmy Carter in 1980 is going to seal the deal for those folks. They are DYING to get this guy out of office, but don't want to publicly state their displeasure until Obama says or does something unsavory like constant attacks on Mitt Romney.

The problem with your analogy is that people actually liked Ronald Reagan. No one likes Mitt Romney.

^This.

Mitt Romney is the candidate of last resort, don't forget.

Just like Reagan, Romney is never going to be liked by those on the left. However, evidence is starting to come in that the more and more people are exposed to Romney, the more they like him, at least for those on the right and in the center (i.e., Republicans and non-leftist independents). He's a good person who has been successful in the past. He's never going to be anybody's idea of a savior, but that's a problem when people think people can be saviors.

Reagan wasn't the last resort candidate. He won his primaries by a landslide.

And please point me in the direction of this evidence that people are starting to like Romney when they hear him speak. Being a "good person" is subjective, as is success - 1994 wasn't a successful year for him and neither was 2008, for example.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 10:08:39 AM »

We already have a Campaigner-in-Chief in the White House, and it did not really work out. It's time for a competent executive to be CEO of the nation.

Huh?

What is a "CEO of the nation"?

And why is a supporter of a candidate who has spent the past five years trying to get elected deriding the President as a perennial campaigner?

And the meme goes that he would've been going for it since 1994 had be beaten Kennedy.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 02:33:39 PM »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUKOkvODM3M
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 07:55:34 PM »

AFSCME is spending a million in Florida, running this ad until the primary day: http://youtu.be/hkGrgxw7sSo

I was wondering how long it'd take someone to tar Mitt with the same brush as the Gov.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 08:32:17 AM »

It's this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSkLw6UvpaM
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 11:37:26 AM »

Pretty nice video from O4A:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v896_ZvM97Y
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's not Coldplay, but it sounds really familiar!
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 12:51:56 PM »

LOL.

Was his driver on holiday or something?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies