The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:25:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 115847 times)
ajb
United States

« on: February 19, 2012, 01:38:47 PM »

Wouldn't this photo have been more on point?

It just goes to show how badly out of touch politicians from Massachusetts are these days.

Well, that is the grand daddy of awful photo ops. What in god's name were they thinking? Nobody was going to buy that, at least not with that awful name tag on his helmet. I think without the tag, it could have been somewhat more forgettable. Take off his helmet altogether, and MAYBE it could have boosted his defense credentials. Maybe. I definitely think nobody would remember it, at least. That ridiculous name tag and helmet are what make that stunt so awful.

But yeah...there are many, many, many things Romney could be doing and saying if he wanted to pretend to be something he is not. Considering his upbringing in Michigan, and the fact his father was the CEO of a major automobile company, I have no doubt whatsoever that Romney does like to drive. I mean, Jay Leno is also a millionaire and he owns more cars than most people can find on their entire block. It is not unusual to obtain a passion for driving at a young age and have it your entire life no matter how wealthy you become. Romney's passion for driving is more believable than Obama when he said he finds washing dishes to be therapeutic. It is certainly far more believable than most of the nonsense Kerry pulled in 2004. And, of course, it is infinitely more believable than Dukakis' "I AM NOT A WIMP!" stunt.

It's about bad campaign management more than anything. Dukakis had, after all, done two years in the army, in 1955-57, stationed in Korea in the aftermath of the war there. He wasn't the youngest fighter pilot in the Pacific (like Bush the Elder), but that's more of a military record than any president after 1992. The fact that nobody remembers that is a sign of the ineptness of Dukakis' campaign.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies