The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:33:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 115677 times)
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« on: April 10, 2012, 01:05:15 PM »

LOL, Romney was talking about actions not empty rhetoric.  If Obama had results cited, it would have been worth something. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »

http://www.wnd.com/2012/04/obama-speeches-exactly-same-a-year-apart/
The Lie of the year... and Last year!
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

No, and I thought of that, but the obvious untruthfulness makes it pretty pathetic.  If I'm forced to listen to a demagogic speech, can you change it up once a year??  Hey did Obama pass a budget through the Senate ?? ? I've been busy the last 3 years.  I may have missed it.   
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 06:40:12 PM »

The only one that Romney 'misspoke' on was the state of the Union.  Obama didn't seriously mention the debt or deficit, but he did literally say the words.  So, in essence Romney was right about that one as well.  I'm wondering if the Obama budget works toward reducing the deficit....  What? it hasn't passed?  Not one vote? It wouldn't even if it did pass?  WOW.   
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 06:32:13 AM »

The only one that Romney 'misspoke' on was the state of the Union.  Obama didn't seriously mention the debt or deficit, but he did literally say the words.  So, in essence Romney was right about that one as well.  I'm wondering if the Obama budget works toward reducing the deficit....  What? it hasn't passed?  Not one vote? It wouldn't even if it did pass?  WOW.   
Yes, and Romney wouldn't increase the deficit one bit.
He wouldn't (it is almost impossible to do so).  He would increase the debt (for 7-10 years probably).   
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 02:15:25 PM »

FYI, Romney has released tax returns.  Maybe he's hiding the fact that he married a ketchup heiress and never really worked a day in his life.... O' wait, never mind. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2012, 02:53:35 PM by AmericanNation »

FYI, Romney has released tax returns.  Maybe he's hiding the fact that he married a ketchup heiress and never really worked a day in his life.... O' wait, never mind.  

The Kerry-Romney comparison is, of course, a rather apt one.

Excepting the fact that while Romney was attending Stanford and going to rallies in support of the draft, Kerry was in Vietnam getting shot at.

LOL,
1) Yes, It is an apt comparison because it exposes how democrats hate people that go out into the world and become rich on their own merit vs. how they have no problem with rich democrats who inherited or married (twice) for money.  
2) Romney didn't attend Stanford (as far as I know)
3) You're kidding me, John Kerry served in Vietnam?  I had never heard that before. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 03:12:17 PM »

FYI, Romney has released tax returns.  Maybe he's hiding the fact that he married a ketchup heiress and never really worked a day in his life.... O' wait, never mind. 

Excepting the fact that while Romney was attending Stanford and going to rallies in support of the draft, Kerry was in Vietnam getting shot at.

Well, sure, Romney's a fairly despicable person. I didn't mean to slander Kerry by way of comparison, merely that, politically speaking, there's some common ground - wealthy Massachussets flip-floppers with zero charisma nominated by virtue of a terrible field and a party that went "meh". Wink

FYI, Romney has released tax returns.  Maybe he's hiding the fact that he married a ketchup heiress and never really worked a day in his life.... O' wait, never mind.  

LOL,
1) Yes, It is an apt comparison because it exposes how democrats hate people that go out into the world and become rich on their own merit vs. how they have no problem with rich democrats who inherited or married (twice) for money.  
2) Romney didn't attend Stanford (as far as I know)
3) You're kidding me, John Kerry served in Vietnam?  I had never heard that before. 

Yeah, which is a notable difference between John Kerry and Mitt Romney, who protested in favour of the draft
So? ? ?

A lot of people went to college during the Vietnam war... Romney was also married and had children as well.  I don't know what you're implying or suggesting.  He should have left college, wife, kids, and enlisted?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 04:09:25 PM »

Actually I guess he did go to Stanford for a year. 

"In May 1966, he was part of a counter-protest against a group staging a sit-in in the university administration building in opposition to draft status tests"

I think you're reading too much into a 'counter-protest.'  You can oppose the methods of a protest as much or more than the actual point of the protest.   
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 11:39:46 AM »

When is Romney making his ad buys!?! He needs to get his favorables up in the swing states before we can start the general election.

He needs to regain his credibility. That will be tough.

He should have run as a RINO.

He ran as competent and he is.
He ran pointing out Obama's incompetence and Obama is indeed incompetent.  (perhaps the most likeable incompetent ever.)

...everything else is just noise. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 02:24:42 PM »

after watching that the phrase "grasping at straws" comes to mind. 
Did they seriously leave out Obama-care?  Wow. 
Maybe use "Ashamed" for a new slogan.       
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 02:54:35 PM »

after watching that the phrase "grasping at straws" comes to mind. 
Did they seriously leave out Obama-care?  Wow. 
Maybe use "Ashamed" for a new slogan.       

Rewatch it. It's clearly in it. It's just not called Obamacare.

I see it now, I missed it between "hiring veterans" and "Pell grants."  Taking over 1/6th of the economy is 23rd on a list of 28... Nice job sneaking it in there.     

Didn't free birth control repeat a few times?         
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 03:04:07 PM »

Birth control is also part of the ACA. I feel like you don't really know what this Obamacare thing you're so terrified of actually is.
You feel wrong, please try again
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 06:30:25 PM »

This almost needs it's own thread... Wow.  You can pick it apart for hours! 

We have a nominee for: "The worst campaign AD of the year"

For those of you not in flyover country, the backlash on this has begun and it's huge.   
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 09:27:09 PM »

Lol. I may be from the "Reactionary Party," but if if you ask me, it's one step ahead of BHO's Diversionary Party. So I'll take it.

Democrats are the reactionary party.  They so lack any good/new ideas and they cling to FDR and LBJ's failed programs as if Moses proposed them on stone tablets.  Isn't 50 plus years of failure enough? 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 10:04:09 AM »

Umm, no what happened in Detroit can not happen all over america.  See the countless boondoggles in stimulus and 'green job' spending.  "Succeed" AD = Fail.

"Romney Backwards on Equality" doesn't deal with equality or going backwards, so that also ='s Fail.     
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 10:19:17 AM »

Obama fails on economy
"If I wanted America to fail"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4gnNz0vc

Obama fails as Commander-in-chief
"Obama takes credit for bin laden"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsrSAqRrCc0&feature=BFa&list=PL82E6C3C0F2AF6E95

AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 12:38:37 PM »

Obama fails on economy
"If I wanted America to fail"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4gnNz0vc

Obama fails as Commander-in-chief
"Obama takes credit for bin laden"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsrSAqRrCc0&feature=BFa&list=PL82E6C3C0F2AF6E95
Yes, because directly giving the order for the of taking out the world's most wanted man is a failure.
[/quote]

That is a no brainier and deserves little to no merit.  Failing to lead and acting despicable in a military context is an obvious failure.   
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »

It doesn't do anything for me personally, but I think it's smart to shape an image of what his presidency will look like.  In doing so, you remove the natural fear of change and strengthen Romney's strong "acceptability" asset.  Which, given the decline of the current president is an extremely good asset to have. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 01:20:24 PM »

I also like how that Crossroads GPS ad can't even bring itself to present a legitimate reason that a swing voter might claim to have backed Obama in 2008.  "He spoke so beautifully"?  Haha

Ha, "He was a great speaker. I mean, I'm just a housewife so clearly I'm not smart enough to decide who to vote for based on policy or issues that affect me!"

I think a lot of insiders in the GOP are the ones who are misinformed. They think that all of the swing voters who voted for Obama did so just because he gave beautiful speeches? Give me a break. Suburban swing voters like this woman aren't as stupid as Karl Rove would like to think they are. But hey, if campaign charisma and inspiring oratory are all it takes to win over a voter, then Romney should have NO problem at all, right???

He also said the words Hope and Change.   That was important for some reason, but I don't know what the reason was. 

Obama got a ton of votes because Sarah Palin's qualification for VP became more important than Obama's qualification for president for some stupid reason.  ...This unfortunately was the key issue of a typical 'very-informed' independent Obama voter.           
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 06:29:39 PM »

***FALSE EQUIVALENCY ALERT!!!!!!***
Obama and Palin both had small amounts of national political experience, but Palin was always grossly more under qualified to be VP than Obama was to be President.

Again, lack of qualifications for VP became more important than lack of qualifications for President!!! 

People have had nearly 4 years to reflect on the stupidity of that dynamic. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 09:09:14 AM »

Big Bain Backfire - Romney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKYcMZFhzcc&feature=relmfu

Dems should realize that attacking a huge strength of your opponent, often doesn't work and often backfires.   
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »

Dems should realize that attacking a huge strength of your opponent, often doesn't work and often backfires.   

you will notice that the swift boat vets were the veterans that served with Kerry not the republican party.     
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 10:08:50 AM »

LOL, whatever you want to believe bro.
You're right, 250 Vietnam swift boat vets can be correctly characterized as "The Republican Party."
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 08:13:56 AM »

I also guarantee the vast majority of Americans would have wildly preferred Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama, a man who had no qualifications to be President.

Bro, he was a professor of constitutional law and worked in community organizing and in the US Senate. That is not 'no qualifications' (it is, admittedly, 'considerably fewer on-paper qualifications than John McCain').

You must also remember in the case of this election that the concept of electing so-called captains of industry or business whizzes President does not, in this country, exactly have an illustrious history, nor one of achieving the desired results.
It actually bothers me when people call a guest lecturer --a professor. 

also by the Hilary Rosen standard that resume would be correctly described as:
 "He never worked a day in his life."
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies