The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:39:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 115946 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 27, 2012, 02:04:27 PM »

I'm getting sick of hearing about Bain Capital and jobs going overseas. When can we hear about the issues that matter for this country?

*facepalm*.

I said alot more than that though. My point was that Obama doesn't understand the private sector.

How does Romney, who spent years bankrupting companies and sending jobs overseas, understand the needs of working-class Americans?
Private equity, the industry Romney worked in, specializes in purchasing struggling companies and making them profitable again.  Bain Capital may have sent some jobs overseas, but the vast majority of their business dealings succeeded.  Since business failures are inevitable in any sort of industry, Bain actually has a very impressive.track record.  In fact, here are just a few companies that Bain has worked with, some of which you probably are familiar with (it's practically a brand-name all-stars list):

Staples
Burger King
AMC Entertainment
Church's Chicken
Panavision
Cumulus Media
Domino's Pizza
Michaels
Horizon Food Group
The Children's Place
The Princeton Review
Dunkin' Brands
Toys-"R"-Us
Vonage
Guitar Center
Warner Music Group
Home Depot Supply
Harlem Globetrotters
Fantasy Entertainment
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 03:58:51 PM »

I'm getting sick of hearing about Bain Capital and jobs going overseas. When can we hear about the issues that matter for this country?

*facepalm*.

I said alot more than that though. My point was that Obama doesn't understand the private sector.

How does Romney, who spent years bankrupting companies and sending jobs overseas, understand the needs of working-class Americans?

No he spent years helping companies. The cold hard truth is that in the private sector not everyone makes it. Jobs go overseas to avoid the high corporate taxes that Democrats have forced on us. Working class? You're suggesting that those who have been successful don't work hard?
I could not agree more.  The main reason that jobs go overseas is because our tax structure and other economic policies chase jobs out of America.  I believe that we need some taxes and regulation, but both need to be reduced.  I find it so ironic that liberal always bemoan "tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas" because their policies are largely the reason for it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies