SENATE BILL: Libyan Aid Bill (law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:51:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Libyan Aid Bill (law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Libyan Aid Bill (law'd)  (Read 7906 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: October 20, 2011, 04:00:46 PM »

I'm offering an amendment to remove all "military aid".
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 06:14:31 PM »

Aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 11:24:51 PM »

Aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 02:49:02 PM »

OK, Bgwah just want to kill the bill. BRTD is, well, BRTD, but Napoleon? WTF dude?

The authoritarian culture is the cause of the authoritarian government. Libya will never be free from tyranny until their culture becomes tolerant and accepting.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 08:01:24 PM »

A culture of tyranny will always produce tyranny.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 08:44:11 PM »

This is not a culture of tyranny.  I find it amazing how you will condemn this country to fail, rather than let them develop on their own time.  It disturbs me how you seem to have no idea what the actual results of your crusades will be.  You have already harmed the new nation's security; now you're trying to ensure its failure.

I'm not really going to concern myself with propping up a theocracy. When your department starts sharing these concerns...well, I wont be holding my breath.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 12:46:47 PM »

All right, we should kick out Utah from the Union because of Mormon's anti-alcohol stance.

Alcohol is legal in Utah.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 12:55:42 PM »

Forcing our values and beliefs on other countries is never a good policy. I do not believe in one size fits all. What is good for us is not good for Libya. What we need to do is help them along as best we can to ensure it becomes a stable country. Legalizing alcohol should be the furthest thing from our worries. It worries me that this senate is bickering over something like that. "Let them fail if they won't legalize alcohol!" How ridiculous does that sound?

Countries have boundaries, not beliefs. People have beliefs. And right now there are people in Libya who will never be free because they haven't made law secular. If they want to be a theocracy they can do it with Iran's help.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2011, 01:19:50 PM by Wolf Haley »

All right, we should kick out Utah from the Union because of Mormon's anti-alcohol stance.

Alcohol is legal in Utah.

And so what? Did this make Mormons less anti-alcohol?
Non sequitur

Forcing our values and beliefs on other countries is never a good policy. I do not believe in one size fits all. What is good for us is not good for Libya. What we need to do is help them along as best we can to ensure it becomes a stable country. Legalizing alcohol should be the furthest thing from our worries. It worries me that this senate is bickering over something like that. "Let them fail if they won't legalize alcohol!" How ridiculous does that sound?

Countries have boundaries, not beliefs. People have beliefs. And right now there are people in Libya who will never be free because they haven't made law secular. If they want to be a theocracy they can do it with Iran's help.

Don't you think that as this country rebuilds, they will liberalize? Or you're just willing to leave the country alone if we don't add this provision to the bill? Because I doubt they will liberalize if we just abandon them. That is the best way to ensure a radical theocracy is installed, which I think we all can agree none of us want.

No, they will continue to disregard personal freedoms and avoid secularism. Yes I am. I doubt Libya will liberalize unless Libya has to. The best way to ensure a radical theocracy is installed is to allow that and support it as you and your allies are trying to now. Thank God we didn't lose this election.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 09:12:04 PM »

Aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »

Marokai is right we have too much debate.

Motion to table
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 07:15:47 PM »

Wah wah wah

This is why I rarely post anymore.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 04:26:24 PM »

Aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon