Quebec General Election 2012 (4th September)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:54:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Quebec General Election 2012 (4th September)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 38
Author Topic: Quebec General Election 2012 (4th September)  (Read 142797 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »
« edited: December 16, 2011, 10:30:48 PM by Chemistry & Sleep Deprivation »

Here is a map!
Not Argenteuil, but the precinct results of Bonaventure!

So, what to say?

QS got very good results in Maria, above 20% in some precincts, even tying the Liberals for second in one precinct.

The grey precinct is a PQ-Lib tie.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2011, 09:05:46 PM »

Wow, thanks Max. Something to post over Christmas.

There are also 2 by-elections coming up in BC.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2011, 02:25:05 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2011, 02:28:53 PM by Chemistry & Sleep Deprivation »

Here is Argenteuil.

Diverse and complicated riding.

Many Anglos rural small villages, even if some are less and less Anglo (Gore Township, Wentworth-Nord), in the lower Rouge Valley and along Ottawa River.

Some villages which isn't really in Argenteuil area, which are more in the Laurentians, with the Highway 15 as the big axis and are more French (Saint-Adolphe-d'Howard, Montcalm), including a very rich Liberal ski and spa resort, despite being Francophone (Morin Heights).

A regional center (Lachute) which is more and more exurban.

Mille-Isles and Saint-Colomban, which are very very near of the city of Saint-Jérome which has a commuter rail (train de banlieue) leading directly in Montreal downtown. So, Saint-Colomban, formely a rural village, is now a boring exurb.
Talking of Saint-Colomban, the ADQ was second in half the precincts of the "parish" (which is a legal status for little villages). Liberals being third, in those, with pretty awful result in some precincts (the worst by 13%).

Grey precincts are Lib-PQ ties.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2011, 02:26:45 PM »

Oh, I spotted a typo in my last post.
I wanted to write than Saint-Colomban is a booming exurb, which is quickly expanding.

I suppose than this typo is telling much about my opinion about suburbs/exurbs...
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2011, 02:46:14 PM »

Western Quebec sure has some interesting ridings. Merci, Max!
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2011, 03:57:17 PM »

Well, yes. Results are boring, but the area is interesting, being at the border between Montreal suburbs, the Laurentides and the Anglo Western Quebec.

That riding would be to PQ on the pre-2003 borders, I think. (They removed Mirabel from Argenteuil then, to make a new riding based on Mirabel. Said riding voted PQ in 2003, ADQ in 2007 and PQ in 2008.)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2011, 07:48:18 AM »

All Charest's best ministers are scrambling for the nearest exit. Rats, sinking ship, etc.

http://www.ledevoir.com/politique/quebec/338713/vague-de-departs-en-vue-au-plq
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2011, 01:56:12 PM »

Agreed 1000%. This is why I'm not voting: no political party which represents my views.

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/Quebec+right+falls+silent/5880543/story.html
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2011, 05:28:01 PM »

Even though no party matches my views either in Quebec, I would still vote if I lived there. (living in Quebec is always an option, as rent tends to be cheaper, but part of me is uncomfortable with the idea)

Also, talk about ironic considering how much choice there is...
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2011, 05:42:55 PM »

Choice between three parties of the centre-left and one of the far left? (QS) What choice is that? Unless you're explicitly separatist like the PQ/QS I don't care about the nationalism so long as they're fiscally Blue . My dream is for a new ADQ to form with a good leader and team sometime in the next decade or so. A rightist Levesque, essentially.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2011, 06:02:45 PM »

What about a small party? There is Conservative Party and a Christian Party. Maybe you could run as a candidate.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2011, 07:19:45 PM »

Choice between three parties of the centre-left and one of the far left? (QS) What choice is that? Unless you're explicitly separatist like the PQ/QS I don't care about the nationalism so long as they're fiscally Blue . My dream is for a new ADQ to form with a good leader and team sometime in the next decade or so. A rightist Levesque, essentially.

Calling the Liberals center-left seems wrong to me; it implies that they stand for something.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2011, 07:33:53 PM »

Calling the Liberals center-left seems wrong to me; it implies that they stand for something.

They stand for something.
Liberal donators.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2011, 07:55:31 PM »

They're more of a centre-right party. But heaven forbid a Tory vote for a party called the Liberals.  But then again, I don't blame anyone for not doing so.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »

They're more of a centre-right party. But heaven forbid a Tory vote for a party called the Liberals.  But then again, I don't blame anyone for not doing so.

First off, I'm not voting for crooks. Second, THEY ARE ALL OPERATING WITHIN THE ORANGE MODEL. You want my vote, you have to promise to begin its rollback and eventual replacement with a Blue Model.

Sorry if I sound pissed, but my refusal to vote Liberal has nothing to do with the party label. Read that NP article- the author puts it a lot better than I can.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2011, 08:11:35 PM »

Ridiculous.

Liberals are destroying our system since they are there.
Through that slowed down since Couillard left.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2011, 08:46:16 PM »

Moving on, 4 MNAs (Caire, Picard, Charette, Rathee) have joined the CAQ. So now their caucus numbers 8.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2011, 08:47:13 PM »

my refusal to vote Liberal has nothing to do with the party label.

I think that goes without saying, my comment was more tongue in cheek.

Although to suggest they are operating within the "orange model" is ridiculous. That is if you are suggesting they are a social democratic party. They are not. Jean Charest is every bit a Red Tory, and you should know that.

Now if you want to talk about Red Tories and social democracy, I know someone who claims Danny Williams is a social democrat. But that's a different story.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2011, 09:00:20 PM »

Although to suggest they are operating within the "orange model" is ridiculous. That is if you are suggesting they are a social democratic party. They are not. Jean Charest is every bit a Red Tory, and you should know that.

Now if you want to talk about Red Tories and social democracy, I know someone who claims Danny Williams is a social democrat. But that's a different story.

I'm not saying they're social democrats. I'm saying they're of the containment rather than the rollback school.
lilTommy

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.04

« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2011, 08:32:57 AM »

I'm not saying they're social democrats. I'm saying they're of the containment rather than the rollback school.

CAQ is so hard to pin down that way
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Legault+absorbs+party/5852314/story.html

They even called themselves the "third way"... ok, but RogueBeaver has a point, Legault still favours the current more social democratic system in place... while the ADQ didn't but, when the ship is sinking any life raft will due i suppose.

I think Quebecers are parking votes until they the election, then we get to see what CAQ is really made of. Cause its coming across as a Centre-Right rival to the PLQ and PQ... so that makes this QS supporter happy Smiley  I'd vote for them... the indepedence thing aside, their overall policies trump that one for me.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2011, 10:12:38 AM »

Moving on, 4 MNAs (Caire, Picard, Charette, Rathee) have joined the CAQ. So now their caucus numbers 8.
This is still not appearing on Wikipedia? Do you have a link that Wikipedia will accept that proves this; if so, I will add it myself.
lilTommy

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.04

« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2011, 10:24:13 AM »

This is still not appearing on Wikipedia? Do you have a link that Wikipedia will accept that proves this; if so, I will add it myself.

cbc  news story?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/12/19/mtl-legault-caq-four-mnas.html
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »

Wikipedia has indeed been updated
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/39th_National_Assembly_of_Quebec
Remember that the ADQ still has to vote on merger, which is why I highly doubted the ADQ members, who are still ADQ members as the ADQ still exists, were also somehow simultaneously CAQ members.

I wonder who is leading this temporary CAQ caucus, now that is something I find rather interesting, but I presume the legislature is out of session and wont be back until after the merger, so, the CAQ may be doing the smart thing, and naming nobody.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2011, 05:05:14 PM »

I wonder who is leading this temporary CAQ caucus, now that is something I find rather interesting, but I presume the legislature is out of session and wont be back until after the merger, so, the CAQ may be doing the smart thing, and naming nobody.

CAQ doesn't have a caucus, since it didn't won 20% of votes last election, neither elected 12 MNAs, neither had an exception from the Speaker.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2011, 05:17:41 PM »

Aye, and probably won't ask for one until the merger is complete - and likely at that time the speaker will say yes because saying no would be an embarrassment to the PLQ and PQ.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies