Quebec General Election 2012 (4th September) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:20:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Quebec General Election 2012 (4th September) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quebec General Election 2012 (4th September)  (Read 143921 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: November 02, 2011, 03:12:58 AM »

It's not that hard to read, is it?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 12:43:52 AM »

What are the rules? Could I run for the ADQ?

You're not a resident of Quebec, so presumably the answer is no.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 10:30:28 PM »

Well, kaka means poop, is that what you're trying to get at? Interestingly, I think the term is used more in Quebec.

It's a Romance term, I thought. It's certainly common in both Spanish and Portuguese; Brazilians were quite aware of what it went to have a player named Kaká on their national team.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 07:19:45 PM »

Choice between three parties of the centre-left and one of the far left? (QS) What choice is that? Unless you're explicitly separatist like the PQ/QS I don't care about the nationalism so long as they're fiscally Blue . My dream is for a new ADQ to form with a good leader and team sometime in the next decade or so. A rightist Levesque, essentially.

Calling the Liberals center-left seems wrong to me; it implies that they stand for something.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 09:10:42 PM »

This was being talked about on SportsCenter yesterday. I can imagine it must have been discussed at length on SportsCentre.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 02:14:05 AM »

It is big in the news here (not just sports news).

I think it is silly and don't give a damn, but it makes me loathe the nationalists.

For the X: SportsCenter is the ESPN version and SportsCentre is the TSN version?

Indeed.

I do think that the Habs should have a French-speaking coach, because I like when sports teams stand for something. As can be seen from their name, the Canadiens were founded as the club for the ethnically Canadian population of Montreal. English Montrealers had their own club, the Maroons.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 02:48:22 AM »

The problem with your formulation is that those folks immigrated to Canada. If I spoke neither French nor English, and, was admitted to Canada, I would strive to learn English before French. That would be equally true even if I initially settled in Quebec.

This is eminently ridiculous. Canada is a bilingual nation. Immigrants to Quebec should be expected to learn French in the same way as immigrants to British Columbia should be expected to learn English.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 11:55:56 AM »

It's a little bit overly reductive to say that federal and provincial politics have no effect on one another (the NDP's poor performance in Nova Scotia and Manitoba in 2011 can be attributed to the NDP being in power in those provinces), but there's no relationship whatsoever between the Parti Québécois and the New Democratic Party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies