Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2019, 04:28:34 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: New features added! Click here for more information. Click here to configure new features.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  International General Discussion (Moderators: Gustaf, afleitch, Hash, Orphan Crippler)
| | |-+  Israel general discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 Print
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 166404 times)
Silent Hunter
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: December 25, 2018, 05:00:31 pm »

Without the ultra-Orthodox parties propping up a government, would Israel be more willing to make Palestine related concessions.

danny
YaBB God
Israel

View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1826 on: December 25, 2018, 05:06:42 pm »

Without the ultra-Orthodox parties propping up a government, would Israel be more willing to make Palestine related concessions.

No, the Haredi have different priorities and are not particularly right wing on such matters. Opposition to concessions would come from the Jewish Home or from within the Likud.

Joe Republic
YaBB God
Kiribati

« Reply #1827 on: December 26, 2018, 07:45:58 pm »

Roseanne Barr scheduled to address the Knesset next month, because this timeline we’re in isn’t bizarre enough.

More and more Republicans every day:

True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1828 on: December 26, 2018, 08:24:01 pm »

Roseanne Barr scheduled to address the Knesset next month, because this timeline we’re in isn’t bizarre enough.

She is an expert when it comes to racism.

Quote from: Ignatius of Antioch
He that possesses the word of Jesus, is truly able to bear his very silence. — Epistle to the Ephesians 3:21a
The one thing everyone can agree on is that the media is biased against them.
Parrotguy
Wyman
YaBB God
Israel

« Reply #1829 on: December 27, 2018, 03:55:20 am »

We should bring in anyone who hates homosexuals, black people etc as long as they like Jews to our parliament! I mean, LGBTQ and Ethiopian Israelis have no feelings.

Intell
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1830 on: December 27, 2018, 04:23:11 am »

We should bring in anyone who hates homosexuals, black people etc as long as they like Jews to our parliament! I mean, LGBTQ and Ethiopian Israelis have no feelings.

I'm mean this at the very least is false. I'm pretty sure she doesn't "hate" black people either just has stupid and prejudiced views (which is definitely wrong).

Parrotguy
Wyman
YaBB God
Israel

« Reply #1831 on: December 27, 2018, 04:24:56 am »

I'm mean this at the very least is false. I'm pretty sure she doesn't "hate" black people either just has stupid and prejudiced views (which is definitely wrong).

I'm not just talking about her. I'm talking about Bolsanoro too, who got a visit from Bibi in his inauguration, and other repugnant leaders and figures my government loves flirting with.
And yeah, I know she doesn't hate anyone, it was a hyperbole Tongue

Medal506
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1832 on: December 27, 2018, 05:00:11 am »

42% of Israel supports an act that 81% believe will result in all out war in the region?

Such a peaceful nation we must pray for.

Anything they do as a nation will lead to war because they're surrounded by Muslim supremacists who just want another genocide against the Jewish people.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1833 on: December 27, 2018, 08:32:57 am »

Thank you for quoting a 7 year old post so that you could enlighten us with that highly sophisticated take on the situation in the middle east.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1834 on: December 28, 2018, 11:24:41 am »

Amos Oz has died.

NewYorkExpress
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1835 on: December 28, 2018, 02:03:40 pm »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-election-gantz/israeli-ex-general-polling-closest-to-netanyahu-joins-2019-election-race-idUSKCN1OQ14E

A former Israeli armed forces chief who opinion polls show poses the toughest challenge to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s bid for reelection next year formally established a political party on Thursday.

Details about Benny Gantz’s Israel Resilience Party, leaked to local media after it was registered, gave little indication of its ideological tilt.

Along with preserving Israel as “a Jewish and democratic country”, the party pledged unspecified changes to priorities in national security and the economy.

Polling has predicted an easy win for Netanyahu in the April 9 election, with his rightist Likud party taking around 30 of parliament’s 120 seats and on course to form a right-wing coalition government similar to the current cabinet.

So, if push comes to shove, who do you believe Gantz would be willing to join a coalition with?

BLOOMENTUM INCREASES
Ray Goldfield
YaBB God

« Reply #1836 on: December 28, 2018, 03:06:49 pm »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-election-gantz/israeli-ex-general-polling-closest-to-netanyahu-joins-2019-election-race-idUSKCN1OQ14E

A former Israeli armed forces chief who opinion polls show poses the toughest challenge to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s bid for reelection next year formally established a political party on Thursday.

Details about Benny Gantz’s Israel Resilience Party, leaked to local media after it was registered, gave little indication of its ideological tilt.

Along with preserving Israel as “a Jewish and democratic country”, the party pledged unspecified changes to priorities in national security and the economy.

Polling has predicted an easy win for Netanyahu in the April 9 election, with his rightist Likud party taking around 30 of parliament’s 120 seats and on course to form a right-wing coalition government similar to the current cabinet.

So, if push comes to shove, who do you believe Gantz would be willing to join a coalition with?

I imagine his ideal coalition would be with Lapid and Kachlon as a three-part "Third Way" leadership group. They would then probably bring over ZU to avoid having to deal with Netanyahu or any of the far-right parties, but beyond that it gets tricky. The Arabs are flat-out and the Ultra-Orthodox won't be willing to work in any way with Lapid.
Velasco
andi
YaBB God
Western Sahara

« Reply #1837 on: December 29, 2018, 04:50:12 am »

Amos Oz has died.

Sad news.

I would like to know if our Israeli posters have a word to say...

Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1838 on: December 29, 2018, 08:27:37 am »

Amos Oz has died.

Sad news.

Met him on several occasions, was a great author and speaker. His brand of pragmatic progressivism just didn’t speak to growing number of illiberal Jews especially the immigrants from the ME and the former USSR

Democracy is overrated
SunriseAroundTheWorld
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1839 on: December 29, 2018, 07:38:06 pm »

Naftali Bennett, Ayelet Shaked and Shuli Maulem leaving Bayit Yehudi and start their own party: HaYamin HeHadash

because, you know, Israeli politics isn't already wild lol.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/bennett-shaked-expected-to-announce-break-from-jewish-home-form-new-party/
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1840 on: December 30, 2018, 04:55:14 am »

Naftali Bennett, Ayelet Shaked and Shuli Maulem leaving Bayit Yehudi and start their own party: HaYamin HeHadash

because, you know, Israeli politics isn't already wild lol.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/bennett-shaked-expected-to-announce-break-from-jewish-home-form-new-party/
I have no doubt their future aim is merging with Likud.

Democracy is overrated
Velasco
andi
YaBB God
Western Sahara

« Reply #1841 on: December 30, 2018, 07:07:22 am »

Amos Oz has died.

Sad news.

Met him on several occasions, was a great author and speaker. His brand of pragmatic progressivism just didn’t speak to growing number of illiberal Jews especially the immigrants from the ME and the former USSR

I suspect that  "progressive" and "pacifist" sound like insults to many ears in Israel. It's a terrible zeitgeist

The world needs more pragmatic progressives like him. You are lucky for having met Amos Oz

NewYorkExpress
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1842 on: January 15, 2019, 06:05:38 pm »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mcjesus-sculpture-ronald-mcdonald-crucifix-outrage-christians-israel/

An art exhibit in Israel featuring a crucified Ronald McDonald has sparked protests by the country's Arab Christian minority.

Hundreds of Christians calling for the removal of the sculpture, entitled "McJesus," demonstrated at the museum in the northern city of Haifa last week. Israeli police say rioters hurled a firebomb at the museum and threw stones that wounded three police officers. Authorities dispersed the crowds with tear gas and stun grenades.

Church representatives brought their grievances to the district court Monday, demanding it order the removal of the exhibit's most offensive items, including Barbie doll renditions of a bloodied Jesus and the Virgin Mary.

Museum director Nissim Tal said that he was shocked at the sudden uproar, especially because the exhibit - intended to criticize what many view as society's cult-like worship of capitalism - had been on display for months. It has also been shown in other countries without incident.

The protests appear to have been sparked by visitors sharing photos of the exhibit on social media.

Oh, and here's a photo.

Would that offend you?

DavidB.
YaBB God
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 5.13

« Reply #1843 on: January 15, 2019, 06:46:00 pm »

How difficult is it not to display this stupid nonsense and damage Israel's reputation in the process, seriously. People need to use their brains.

Tomorrow will be a better day
Tomorrow the sun will rise and the moon will set
And we'll arrive to a new world
DC Al Fine
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1844 on: January 15, 2019, 07:06:34 pm »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mcjesus-sculpture-ronald-mcdonald-crucifix-outrage-christians-israel/

An art exhibit in Israel featuring a crucified Ronald McDonald has sparked protests by the country's Arab Christian minority.

Hundreds of Christians calling for the removal of the sculpture, entitled "McJesus," demonstrated at the museum in the northern city of Haifa last week. Israeli police say rioters hurled a firebomb at the museum and threw stones that wounded three police officers. Authorities dispersed the crowds with tear gas and stun grenades.

Church representatives brought their grievances to the district court Monday, demanding it order the removal of the exhibit's most offensive items, including Barbie doll renditions of a bloodied Jesus and the Virgin Mary.

Museum director Nissim Tal said that he was shocked at the sudden uproar, especially because the exhibit - intended to criticize what many view as society's cult-like worship of capitalism - had been on display for months. It has also been shown in other countries without incident.

The protests appear to have been sparked by visitors sharing photos of the exhibit on social media.

Oh, and here's a photo.

Would that offend you?

Absolutely. Its blasphemous.
DavidB.
YaBB God
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 5.13

« Reply #1845 on: January 16, 2019, 08:07:08 am »

Absolutely. Its blasphemous.
If it's any consolation, these types do this sort of stuff with Judaism all the time as well. Museums that do this should lose their government subsidies.

Tomorrow will be a better day
Tomorrow the sun will rise and the moon will set
And we'll arrive to a new world
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1846 on: January 16, 2019, 09:06:30 am »

Oh, and here's a photo.

Would that offend you?
The question is should anyone's feeling be of interest here?

Democracy is overrated
danny
YaBB God
Israel

« Reply #1847 on: January 16, 2019, 11:27:39 am »

How difficult is it not to display this stupid nonsense and damage Israel's reputation in the process, seriously. People need to use their brains.

The way all the other countries that had this display were harmed? any danger to reputation would be for being a country where free expression is censored because of religious fanatics. This display wasn't even trying to mock Christianity, but in any case I think you should be able to criticise and mock religion just like any other ideology.

SunriseAroundTheWorld
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1848 on: January 16, 2019, 11:31:03 pm »

I agree with danny on this.
Parrotguy
Wyman
YaBB God
Israel

« Reply #1849 on: January 17, 2019, 12:44:42 am »

The way all the other countries that had this display were harmed? any danger to reputation would be for being a country where free expression is censored because of religious fanatics. This display wasn't even trying to mock Christianity, but in any case I think you should be able to criticise and mock religion just like any other ideology.

Yep, no one should care if any Christian fundamentalist in America or Canada thinks it's blasphemous, because we're a free country. The only problem I see right now is that people are afraid to do to Islam what they do to Christianity and Judaism, but that's something else that shouldn't be fixing by catering to all religious extremists, but rather to none of them.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout