Israel general discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:44:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel general discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 74
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 228039 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: April 08, 2018, 08:32:53 AM »

[snip]
For DavidB, Ray Goldfied, and others.
... et alors? I don't know how you could ever have gotten the impression that I would be particularly upset by seeing this? Remember: I'm not some hasbara parrot. I don't care about "PC". Those who behave aggressively around the contact line, like enemies, should expect a response. Of course, such a response was exactly what they were hoping for.

Well, if this becomes a tactic then we're gonna need to build a big, beautiful, powerful wall, and we'll have a large, beautiful door so that we can come in whenever we need to stop them from firing rockets at our civilians.
Wise words, brother.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1501 on: April 08, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2018, 02:58:45 PM by PR »

Yes DavidB, unarmed journalists are enemies. Just as all Palestinian dissidents (I'm sorry, "terrorists") and their allies or sympathizers are, right? Because of the constant threat of "Hamas" or whatever bogeyman that the pariah state of the world (outside of the US) that deserves its pariah status conjures up.

Nice to see you reveal your true colors. You don't even live in Israel, but I can't help but suspect that you'd gladly rat out any Jew in Europe or elsewhere to actual Nazis and fascists (like those who support Trump, or some of the far-Right in Europe) if it meant that Greater Israel would be purged of the Muslims and Arabs, or any Jew who doesn't get with the program of Zionist supremacy and Israeli state terrorism against the enemies that Israel routinely creates or emboldens for its own political purposes.

Fortunately here in the US, a majority of Jews still see through the likes of you. Maybe because we have a white supremacist supported by Nazis and Klansmen occupying our most powerful office? *shrug*
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1502 on: April 08, 2018, 02:55:35 PM »

Hmm strange that so many people would post in the Israel thread the day after Israel murders a ton of people for no reason. Clearly this is a anti-jewish posters cabal and I do not have brain worms.

- Ray "Stay Gold" Goldfield

Clearly!
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1503 on: April 08, 2018, 02:59:45 PM »

No discussion on Israel murdering unarmed protesters and journalists this week? Cool.

anyway I said to a friend a year ago that when Palestinians will march in their hundreds of thousands to the border it will be the end, we're not for from there. 

Well, if this becomes a tactic then we're gonna need to build a big, beautiful, powerful wall, and we'll have a large, beautiful door so that we can come in whenever we need to stop them from firing rockets at our civilians.
There is absolutely no way to build a wall there logistically without occupying the strip first. The IDF knows it and that’s why they respond harshly, if this goes on for another week we’ll see air strikes on Hamas power bases deep inside.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1504 on: April 08, 2018, 03:05:08 PM »

Yes DavidB, unarmed journalists are enemies. Just are all Palestinian dissidents (I'm sorry, "terrorists") and their allies or sympathizers, right? Because of the constant threat of "Hamas" or whatever bogeyman that the pariah state of the world (outside of the US) that deserves its pariah status conjures up.

I'll ignore the ad hominem and strawmaning, and instead just point out that Israel has no sanctions on it, participates in all worldwide sports and culture events, and has diplomatic relations with every democratic nation. It enjoys strong support from countries outside of the US such as Canada, Germany and Australia, and has very good relations with other countries like Britain and France. If you're looking for a pariah, take a look east and see a nation where homosexuals are being executed (a nation the U.S. still made a deal with, which I support by the way). Also, these sorts of debates belong in Individual Politics because, as mentioned:

No discussion on Israel murdering unarmed protesters and journalists this week? Cool.
Well basically we use this threads for political discussions in the narrow sense.

Also:

anyway I said to a friend a year ago that when Palestinians will march in their hundreds of thousands to the border it will be the end, we're not for from there. 

There is absolutely no way to build a wall there logistically without occupying the strip first. The IDF knows it and that’s why they respond harshly, if this goes on for another week we’ll see air strikes on Hamas power bases deep inside.

Is there no way to just occupy a perimeter (which we seem to do every war anyway) around the border for the time of construction? I mean, how close are the population centers?
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1505 on: April 08, 2018, 09:46:56 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1506 on: April 08, 2018, 09:49:42 PM »

Anti-Zionists are totes not anti-semitic at all, youse guise.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1507 on: April 08, 2018, 10:08:06 PM »

Amazing what you can get away with when you basically force all your undesirables into a tiny area they can't leave, and declare everyone inside that area a member of Hamas.

Have you people seen the videos of Israeli soldiers kicking the injured off of gurneys, pointing their rifles at desperate medics? Israel is a nation of murderers.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1508 on: April 08, 2018, 10:39:49 PM »

There's nothing to fear from the radical left at all, youse guise. They totes don't just make up whatever they want to demonize Jews.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1509 on: April 08, 2018, 10:52:28 PM »

I'm Jewish.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1510 on: April 08, 2018, 11:13:59 PM »

Oh, right, you're the Jewdas fan. You do you, I guess.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1511 on: April 08, 2018, 11:17:17 PM »

Israelis and Jews are not the same thing. Israel is just a country, not a religion or an ethnicity, no matter how much it or it's supporters pretend it is.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1512 on: April 08, 2018, 11:27:49 PM »

And we'll believe you when diaspora Jews stop being targeted by "anti-zionists" because Israel.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1513 on: April 08, 2018, 11:52:35 PM »

True
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1514 on: April 08, 2018, 11:56:37 PM »

It takes a very special kind of person to look at unarmed protesters and journalists(!) shot in cold blood by heavily-armed soldiers and view any sort of sympathy for the protesters as anti-Semitism.

People who are pointing out that IDF's recent war crimes aren't OK behavior aren't anti-Semites for doing so.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1515 on: April 09, 2018, 12:01:49 AM »

And we'll believe you when diaspora Jews stop being targeted by "anti-zionists" because Israel.

And we'll believe you when you stop saying any criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1516 on: April 09, 2018, 12:21:31 AM »

I'm glad you have so much concern for the well being of the diaspora! Maybe you should stop belittling those of us in the diaspora who are anti-Zionist! The whole "good jew, bad jew" routine is really tiring on both sides...
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1517 on: April 09, 2018, 12:45:02 AM »

I don't see how diaspora Jews being targeted proves anti-Zionist are anti-Semites if the diaspora Jews in question are loudly Zionist (as many including yourself are).

If anti-Zionist Jewish organizations were being targeted by anti-Zionist groups, now THAT would be evidence that their problem was with Jews in general but that's not a widespread trend.

Now, I'm not saying anti-Zionism is a good take in opinion, merely that doesn't suggest a categorical hatred of Jews. I myself support Zionism both because of my Jewish roots and my favorability towards nationalism in general. I think anti-Zionism is dumb but I don't think it's anti-Jewish.

Jews who claim anti-Zionism is inherently anti-Semitic make themselves look either disingenuous or hysterical or both.

You're never going to convince people that being pro-Israel is the liberal, enlightened, anti-racist stance to take. Because it's simply not true.

If you support Israel, you support Israel because you like nationalism and you don't want your cultural homeland to be demographically swamped by a different ethnic group. Just own it, it's a fine and defensible position.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1518 on: April 09, 2018, 12:47:29 AM »

Can you all just please stop derailing this thread? This thread is for Israeli politics, you can open a thread in Individual Politics and recite Al Jazeera\Hamas talking points all you want. I mean, several posters here have been repeatedly trying to argue logically with you and you just choose to ignore it and keep spewing your BS, so excuse us if we just ask you to go away and let us discuss internal politics in peace.

Edit: Famouse Mortimer, zionists honestly don't need this racist bearhug, lol. Most of us aren't racist and believe in democracy, your taking us all into your ultra-nationalist camp doesn't help.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1519 on: April 09, 2018, 12:51:06 AM »

You believe in borders and controlling who can cross them. So you are already viewed as a racist by all liberal non-Jews. If you think otherwise, you are delusional.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1520 on: April 09, 2018, 12:52:57 AM »
« Edited: April 09, 2018, 01:05:44 AM by Old School Republican »

The far left(the far left mainly not the mainstream left ) hates Israel for two reasons

Either they are Anti-Semitic or they are anti American and hate any side of a conflict the US has allied it self with .

There are many examples proving both
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1521 on: April 09, 2018, 12:54:04 AM »

You believe in borders and controlling who can cross them. So you are already viewed as a racist by all liberal non-Jews. If you think otherwise, you are delusional.

Except Israel is not trying to ban immigration its trying to stop an invasion

Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1522 on: April 09, 2018, 12:57:30 AM »

The difference is purely semantic. I'm sure Palestinians would be more than happy to immigrate to Israel, get citizenship, and then vote the country out of existence through completely peaceful, democratic, internationally sanctioned means if they were allowed to do so.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1523 on: April 09, 2018, 01:03:58 AM »

The difference is purely semantic. I'm sure Palestinians would be more than happy to immigrate to Israel, get citizenship, and then vote the country out of existence through completely peaceful, democratic, internationally sanctioned means if they were allowed to do so.

Except the vast majority of immigrants are law biding people and are loyal to the US .

By the way the people who moved the US left on Social Issues or Cultural issues were not immigrants (the US moved pretty far to the left on those issues in the 1960s and 1970s which was before immigrants started being a factor in elections and since then has swung right and left in cycles).

So please stop with this BS
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1524 on: April 09, 2018, 01:42:37 AM »

Except the vast majority of immigrants are law biding people and are loyal to the US .

Would you be okay with immigrants to the United States having to pledge their loyalty to the idea of the United States as a country for people of European descent? I suspect not.

That's basically what people have to do to be considered loyal to Israel.

You're going to say "but Israel is different! Israel for Jews and the US is for everyone!"

Yes, you're right, Israel is different and it is primarily for the Jews. That's why it is fundamentally against the current liberal world order to back Israel.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies