Israel general discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:22:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel general discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74]
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 226699 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: December 26, 2018, 07:45:58 PM »

Roseanne Barr scheduled to address the Knesset next month, because this timeline we’re in isn’t bizarre enough.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1826 on: December 26, 2018, 08:24:01 PM »

She is an expert when it comes to racism.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1827 on: December 27, 2018, 03:55:20 AM »

We should bring in anyone who hates homosexuals, black people etc as long as they like Jews to our parliament! I mean, LGBTQ and Ethiopian Israelis have no feelings.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1828 on: December 27, 2018, 04:23:11 AM »

We should bring in anyone who hates homosexuals, black people etc as long as they like Jews to our parliament! I mean, LGBTQ and Ethiopian Israelis have no feelings.

I'm mean this at the very least is false. I'm pretty sure she doesn't "hate" black people either just has stupid and prejudiced views (which is definitely wrong).
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1829 on: December 27, 2018, 04:24:56 AM »

I'm mean this at the very least is false. I'm pretty sure she doesn't "hate" black people either just has stupid and prejudiced views (which is definitely wrong).

I'm not just talking about her. I'm talking about Bolsanoro too, who got a visit from Bibi in his inauguration, and other repugnant leaders and figures my government loves flirting with.
And yeah, I know she doesn't hate anyone, it was a hyperbole Tongue
Medal506
United States

« Reply #1830 on: December 27, 2018, 05:00:11 AM »

42% of Israel supports an act that 81% believe will result in all out war in the region?

Such a peaceful nation we must pray for.

Anything they do as a nation will lead to war because they're surrounded by Muslim supremacists who just want another genocide against the Jewish people.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1831 on: December 27, 2018, 08:32:57 AM »

Thank you for quoting a 7 year old post so that you could enlighten us with that highly sophisticated take on the situation in the middle east.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1832 on: December 28, 2018, 11:24:41 AM »

Amos Oz has died.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1833 on: December 28, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-election-gantz/israeli-ex-general-polling-closest-to-netanyahu-joins-2019-election-race-idUSKCN1OQ14E

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, if push comes to shove, who do you believe Gantz would be willing to join a coalition with?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1834 on: December 28, 2018, 03:06:49 PM »

I imagine his ideal coalition would be with Lapid and Kachlon as a three-part "Third Way" leadership group. They would then probably bring over ZU to avoid having to deal with Netanyahu or any of the far-right parties, but beyond that it gets tricky. The Arabs are flat-out and the Ultra-Orthodox won't be willing to work in any way with Lapid.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1835 on: December 29, 2018, 04:50:12 AM »

Sad news.

I would like to know if our Israeli posters have a word to say...
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1836 on: December 29, 2018, 08:27:37 AM »

Sad news.

Met him on several occasions, was a great author and speaker. His brand of pragmatic progressivism just didn’t speak to growing number of illiberal Jews especially the immigrants from the ME and the former USSR
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1837 on: December 30, 2018, 04:55:14 AM »

Naftali Bennett, Ayelet Shaked and Shuli Maulem leaving Bayit Yehudi and start their own party: HaYamin HeHadash

because, you know, Israeli politics isn't already wild lol.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/bennett-shaked-expected-to-announce-break-from-jewish-home-form-new-party/
I have no doubt their future aim is merging with Likud.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1838 on: December 30, 2018, 07:07:22 AM »

Sad news.

Met him on several occasions, was a great author and speaker. His brand of pragmatic progressivism just didn’t speak to growing number of illiberal Jews especially the immigrants from the ME and the former USSR

I suspect that  "progressive" and "pacifist" sound like insults to many ears in Israel. It's a terrible zeitgeist

The world needs more pragmatic progressives like him. You are lucky for having met Amos Oz
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1839 on: January 15, 2019, 06:05:38 PM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mcjesus-sculpture-ronald-mcdonald-crucifix-outrage-christians-israel/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh, and here's a photo.

Would that offend you?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1840 on: January 15, 2019, 06:46:00 PM »

How difficult is it not to display this stupid nonsense and damage Israel's reputation in the process, seriously. People need to use their brains.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1841 on: January 15, 2019, 07:06:34 PM »

Absolutely. Its blasphemous.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1842 on: January 16, 2019, 08:07:08 AM »

If it's any consolation, these types do this sort of stuff with Judaism all the time as well. Museums that do this should lose their government subsidies.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1843 on: January 16, 2019, 09:06:30 AM »

The question is should anyone's feeling be of interest here?
danny
Israel

« Reply #1844 on: January 16, 2019, 11:27:39 AM »

How difficult is it not to display this stupid nonsense and damage Israel's reputation in the process, seriously. People need to use their brains.

The way all the other countries that had this display were harmed? any danger to reputation would be for being a country where free expression is censored because of religious fanatics. This display wasn't even trying to mock Christianity, but in any case I think you should be able to criticise and mock religion just like any other ideology.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1845 on: January 17, 2019, 12:44:42 AM »

The way all the other countries that had this display were harmed? any danger to reputation would be for being a country where free expression is censored because of religious fanatics. This display wasn't even trying to mock Christianity, but in any case I think you should be able to criticise and mock religion just like any other ideology.

Yep, no one should care if any Christian fundamentalist in America or Canada thinks it's blasphemous, because we're a free country. The only problem I see right now is that people are afraid to do to Islam what they do to Christianity and Judaism, but that's something else that shouldn't be fixing by catering to all religious extremists, but rather to none of them.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1846 on: January 17, 2019, 10:37:51 AM »

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1847 on: February 26, 2019, 12:02:30 AM »

I'm surprised that even Netanyahu is so desperate and/or so stupid as to openly broker a merger between Jewish Home and Jewish Power (the Kahanust party that goes as close as it legally can to admitting it wants to ethnically cleanse the Occupied Territories of non-Jews).

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/02/otzma-yehudit-netanyahu.html

Even if it works in the short-term (which is doubtful), the long-term damage this will do just doesn't seem worth it. It is not in Israel's interests to make support of Israel even more of a partisan issue in the US than it currently is. Support of Israel will never be a defining issue that decides elections in this country, tho it may decide a the occasional race, especially in the primaries. Taking steps to make it more likely that the Democratic Party goes from being lukewarm on Israel to being antagonistic is not in Israel's interests.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1848 on: July 01, 2019, 11:38:52 AM »

Well today when I was doing some legal work on something else I found something interesting. It appears that the status of an Enemy State that Iraq had since 48 was knowingly abolished on 1.1.2019. I wonder what’s that about, but anyhow business in Iraq is now legal.

No I don’t think it has anything to do with Kurds
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies