The government-formation negotiation game!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:12:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The government-formation negotiation game!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The government-formation negotiation game!  (Read 5045 times)
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2011, 11:47:57 AM »

And in further nerfing of the black-red-green coalition, i.e. making it impossible now, I adjusted the percentages so that the Conservative Democrats lost 5 seats (now 144) and the FNP gained 5 (now 18).  Blame my own mathematical stupidity (I was thinking along PR lines when I came up with the percentages, not D'Hondt).  Sorry that that makes your graphic out of date, Teddy.

Now that's just cruel.

In other news, I'm in a blizzard (it's only freaking October!) and probably going to lose power. I'm pissed.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2011, 11:28:56 AM »

Okay, I'm at my aunt's house on her computer. I should be good to go for a while.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 07:49:18 PM »

A rules clarification that I made on another forum:

Yes, you can form a government with less than 50%+1 of the MPs so long as 50%+1 support it. However, only parties within the governing coalition can be part of the cabinet.

I'll also add in two additional "enticements" to preserve balance.

The "cordon sanitaire" is preserved: If the SPP and Left - Attack! are not part of the governing coalition, all other parties get an unmodified 10-point bonus.

The "cordon sanitaire" is no more: If either the SPP or Left - Attack! are part of the governing coalition, each gets an unmodified 30-point bonus.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 12:06:10 AM »

Hmm, yes it's about time I be active on this forum again yes?

I would like to take Minority Interest.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 12:08:38 AM »

Sign me up although I'm not entirely sure what for yet.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 03:03:11 AM »

I'm waiting for the power to come back on across the (part of the) USA (that matters)

Also, Dallas, be the Liberals, I want to have a chat with them.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2011, 08:02:35 AM »

I'm waiting for the power to come back on across the (part of the) USA (that matters)

Also, Dallas, be the Liberals, I want to have a chat with them.

If you're waiting on me, I'll be away from home during the interim, so I should be good to go.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2011, 09:20:50 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2011, 05:14:12 PM by Hans Krueger, Chairman of the Frenem Workers' Party »

Krueger "Concerned" Over Coalition Talks

Hans Krueger, the Chairman of the Frenem Workers' Party, said yesterday that he was "concerned" that coalition talks with the Conservative Democrats may have fallen apart.

"I spoke with (Conservative Democrat Leader) Tanek Tedofsky about a number of policy issues the other day," said Krueger, "and it seemed as though the talks were going well. But since then, Mr. Tedofsky has seemed distant, and has failed to respond to my communications."

Asked what he intends to do, Krueger responded, "I believe that a coalition between the Workers' Party and the Conservative Democrats would be in the best interests of the people of Frenemy. However, if the Conservative Democrats continue to be uncommunicative toward us, then I shall no alternative but to seek other options."

Krueger was also concerned about rumors that Tedofsky was planning to meet with senior members of the Free Liberal Party, the traditional coalition partner of the Conservative Democrats. “The Free Liberals are the party of the wealthy elite,” Krueger said. “They do not have the interests of ordinary Frenemians in mind.” Krueger has previously pledged not to form a government with the Free Liberal Party.

A coalition between the Workers’ Party and the Green Party was defeated in the recent elections. Tedofsky’s Conservative Democrats now hold a plurality of seats, but no one party or traditional coalition has a majority. Krueger’s Worker’s Party is the second largest party, followed by the Social People’s Party. A coalition between the Conservative Democrats and the Workers’ Party would contain 268 seats, 33 short of a majority.

OOC: My power has been restored, and I am eager to continue this game.

EDIT: Fixed the math on the number of seats. I was looking at the wrong parties.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 02:58:59 PM »

Viktor Gruntesky

The Social Peoples Party is eager to play a role in government and is willing to form a coalition with any party which respects our nations cultural heritage, and stands for the "little man" against the Bankers who have brought so much chaos to this nation.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2011, 05:00:14 PM »

OOC: who represents the other parties while they are vacant? I need to talk to them before I can go ahead.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2011, 08:02:10 PM »

OOC: who represents the other parties while they are vacant? I need to talk to them before I can go ahead.

Me
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies