The government-formation negotiation game! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:38:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The government-formation negotiation game! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The government-formation negotiation game!  (Read 5091 times)
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 28, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »

I see a Green party that's on the left, I see a "Free" party that's right-wing, a Left party that's left, a Social People's party that's left, the worker's party that's left, and a Conservative party that's right-wing.

Have you read the descriptions? The Free Liberals are more libertarian than anything else, the SPP is far-right, and the Conserva-Dems are center-left.

In any case, I'll take the Workers' Party.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 03:54:10 PM »

Libertarian = Not the kind of Liberal I'm thinking of.

Well, what kind of Liberal do you want? There's the Communist Left-Attack, the leftist Greens, and the center-left ConservaDems. The left seems pretty well covered. If you want my honest opinion, the party that's missing is the center-right.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 05:02:01 PM »

I'd like to open talks with the Workers Party

Hans Krueger

"The Workers' Party is receptive to talks with the Conservative Democrats. Shall we conduct our talks in private?"
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:20:15 AM »

(I just realized that I made a slight error in calculation that would've allowed for a Black-Red-Green coalition with no penalties for anyone, so I changed my descriptions so that the Greens now pledge not to form a government with the CDs.  Just a heads-up).

Damn. I knew it was too good to be true.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 11:47:57 AM »

And in further nerfing of the black-red-green coalition, i.e. making it impossible now, I adjusted the percentages so that the Conservative Democrats lost 5 seats (now 144) and the FNP gained 5 (now 18).  Blame my own mathematical stupidity (I was thinking along PR lines when I came up with the percentages, not D'Hondt).  Sorry that that makes your graphic out of date, Teddy.

Now that's just cruel.

In other news, I'm in a blizzard (it's only freaking October!) and probably going to lose power. I'm pissed.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 11:28:56 AM »

Okay, I'm at my aunt's house on her computer. I should be good to go for a while.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 08:02:35 AM »

I'm waiting for the power to come back on across the (part of the) USA (that matters)

Also, Dallas, be the Liberals, I want to have a chat with them.

If you're waiting on me, I'll be away from home during the interim, so I should be good to go.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 09:20:50 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2011, 05:14:12 PM by Hans Krueger, Chairman of the Frenem Workers' Party »

Krueger "Concerned" Over Coalition Talks

Hans Krueger, the Chairman of the Frenem Workers' Party, said yesterday that he was "concerned" that coalition talks with the Conservative Democrats may have fallen apart.

"I spoke with (Conservative Democrat Leader) Tanek Tedofsky about a number of policy issues the other day," said Krueger, "and it seemed as though the talks were going well. But since then, Mr. Tedofsky has seemed distant, and has failed to respond to my communications."

Asked what he intends to do, Krueger responded, "I believe that a coalition between the Workers' Party and the Conservative Democrats would be in the best interests of the people of Frenemy. However, if the Conservative Democrats continue to be uncommunicative toward us, then I shall no alternative but to seek other options."

Krueger was also concerned about rumors that Tedofsky was planning to meet with senior members of the Free Liberal Party, the traditional coalition partner of the Conservative Democrats. “The Free Liberals are the party of the wealthy elite,” Krueger said. “They do not have the interests of ordinary Frenemians in mind.” Krueger has previously pledged not to form a government with the Free Liberal Party.

A coalition between the Workers’ Party and the Green Party was defeated in the recent elections. Tedofsky’s Conservative Democrats now hold a plurality of seats, but no one party or traditional coalition has a majority. Krueger’s Worker’s Party is the second largest party, followed by the Social People’s Party. A coalition between the Conservative Democrats and the Workers’ Party would contain 268 seats, 33 short of a majority.

OOC: My power has been restored, and I am eager to continue this game.

EDIT: Fixed the math on the number of seats. I was looking at the wrong parties.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies