"Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:52:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  "Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who did Don Draper vote for?
Hillary Clinton

Bernie Sanders

Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

Jon Kasich

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 124

Author Topic: "Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread  (Read 266065 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 03, 2011, 06:51:58 PM »

I thought of this while watching "That 70's Show", but you can put any show you want on here. Also, yes, I know this has been done before.

Red Foreman: Nixon/Reagan Democrat, now probably staunchly Republican but despises most of the richer variety. As well despises athiests, immigrants, gays, etc. so probably a Republican. Aside from the bigotry, my kind of guy though he'd probably call me a "dumbass".

Kitty Foreman: Wants everyone to get along, much more susceptible to liberalism than Red, but has a strong family values/mother instinct that could keep her voting for the "moral majority" candidates.

Eric Foreman: Cares more about Star Wars than what's on the news channels, but would probably be whipped up like the rest of the nation with Obama for the first few months. Another reason why Red might call him a "dumbass".

Kelso: I remember him wearing a "Jimmy Did It '76" T-shirt, so Democrat it is.

Jackie: Snob Republican, believes in typical gender roles, superiority of the rich, that immigrants play a specific and undesirable role, etc. While definitely not favoring any of the moralistic or masculine aspects of Conservatism, would vote for the candidate that her type of arrogance agrees with.

Steven Hyde: Cynical, fight the power type person, probably a leftist-Libertarian with an individualistic, rugged or otherwise, streak. If not voting either for Obama or a Libertarian, would probably write-in the name of a rock star.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »

While he might be "fiscally conservative, socially liberal", Stewie has no love for liberty. I recall he like God because he was "so perfectly evil" if that gives you any insight.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 06:31:12 PM »

Yeah, Stewie would be a Giuliani voter. Except the anti-guns part.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 06:30:11 PM »

30 Rock.
Liz - Tell everyone she's voting Obama, then vote for Huntsman.
Jack - Mitt Romney
Tracy - Obama
Jenna - Obama
Kenneth - Rick Perry

Liz would definitely forget to vote after making a big show about how important voting is.

Kenneth is on record saying it's a sin to vote Democrat or Republican

Jack: “If Mr. Bright here told you to vote Republican, would you do it?”
Kenneth: “Oh no, sir. I don’t vote Republican or Democrat. Choosing is a sin, so I just usually write in the Lord’s name.”
Jack: “That’s Republican. We count that.”

Tracy is either a Kucinich voter or a Republican, depending on whom he's talked to last:

“My fellow Black Americans, Dr. King once had a dream. A dream that we all share. To build a 200-foot-high wall to keep Mexico out. And he also hated the estate tax. The Republican Party means less taxes, more guns, and the end of the gun tax.''

Dennis comes out as a Fiscal Liberal, Social Conservative, so what's that, Ahmedinijad?

Jack is way too conservative for Romney. He'd be a Perry or Cain guy. He loves testing poison on gorillas and the like. Moratorium on all regulations, 9% corporate tax rate, that kinda stuff would be like crack to him.

Jack might be ultra-conservative on economic matters, but on social issues, despite being an Irish-Catholic, I don't expect him to be opposed to abortion. Anti-immigrant, probably anti-gay sure, but I don't imagine he, a childless (okay, I'm going off older episodes) womanizer CEO would really care about the debate over whether something is human or merely something to be killed as long as it doesn't come to him asking for child support. Maybe after he has his child, he might change, but until then, I doubt he'd care.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 09:07:20 PM »

I can see Raph as a 2009 Giuliani voter for some reason. Mikey definitely goes for Obama in 2008. Leonardo, the sensible leader, goes for McCain. Not sure how Donatello goes. Probably some technocratic candidate with a devotion to science and environmental issues.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 05:05:14 PM »

We actually have a master thread for this in What-ifs. You can post this there.

Tracy was once inspired by a visit from Richard Nixon in a dream to support the Republicans, and Donaghy had early convinced him thanks to the GOP having Lincoln and loving guns.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 07:08:44 PM »

Workaholics?

The only one I see with a chance of voting GOP is Ders given his background and his zeal for getting ahead in business.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 01:46:51 PM »

Why would Fudd, a hunter, support Obama?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 09:21:15 PM »

MLAATR?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 03:05:03 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2013, 12:47:12 PM by Cathcon for President, 2013 »

"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"
Dee: Obama, would've supported Hillary in 2008.
Dennis: Obama, or no vote, "Who do I want? The Republican that's blasting me in the ass or the Democrat that's blasting me in the ass?"
Mac: Romney
Charlie: We vote in this country?
Frank: Wouldn't vote, or maybe Johnson, given his love for money and his blatant hedonism. Would definitely never support Hillary, "she hates freedom!" but he did once get a bailout, so you never know.

Cricket: Not allowed to vote, no residence, etc.
Carmen: Obama, of course
The McPoyles: Whoever the pro-incest ticket is.
The Lawyer: Obama, methinks
The Waitress: Obama, methinks

Other recurring characters listed here: http://itsalwayssunny.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Recurring_characters Couldn't think of any others to give voting records to.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 02:48:48 PM »

Mostly Democrats but for Ron Swanson, who would either refuse to vote on principle, or otherwise likely support Johnson. However Pawnee as a whole would likely go Romney.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 08:22:23 PM »

Seinfeld
Jerry:Obama
Elaine:Obama
George:Romney
Kramer:Paul
Newman:Obama (Mailman federally employed)

I think you mean Bill Clinton. Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 01:08:38 PM »

"Breaking Bad"

Walt - Hmmm... His current position would make one think libertarian. Previous to that however, he may have been a Democrat due to his position as a public school teacher. However, he also would've been not necessarily socially liberal. As well it's worth nothing he tries to be self reliant to a fault. Gonna go out on a limb and say Johnson for the time being.
Jesse - Not a voter, didn't know that his pseudonym of "Jesse Jackson" was vaguely associated with anything else. A capitalist of course, but with nonetheless instincts to be dependent on others. If he had to choose anything it might be Johnson.
Skyler - A not necessarily political person. I have a feeling she'd prioritize family and disability issues if she were a voter. Maybe since she represents the "soccer mom" demographic, we can say Obama.
Hank - DEA agent with some prejudices. Easiest one so far, definitely Romney.
Marie - A kleptomaniac who's been described as "spoiled". Could be anyone. Maybe she follows her husband's lead and votes Romney, though for all we know she would just take as many ballots as possible and head home with them.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 05:28:45 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2013, 07:04:03 AM by Lt. Governor Cathcon (F-ME) »

Mad Men

There are few characters that have displayed overt political philosophies, and a number of them which I assume may be a political. Given their residence in New York, their vote narrows it down. Went with '64, and pointless not to include primaries--though that does mean there'd be an NY primary, and I don't believe there was. Tongue 1960 would be interesting as well.
Don Draper: Didn't vote. Seems to be a political.
Bertram Cooper: Goldwater - Ayn Rand fan!
Roger Sterling: Rockefeller - When he hears about Rocky's divorce, he's pretty upset that all they have left is Goldwater.
Peter Campbell: Rockefeller - Comes from money. Only clue.
Peggy Olson: Goldwater - Only one clue with this one, where she says in Season 4 that she'd like to have worked for the Goldwater campaign.
Paul Kinsey: Johnson - Got all "New Left" on us in Season 2 and went to register African-American voters in Mississippi with his African-American girlfriend.
Betty Draper/Francis: Rockefeller - Indicated a preference for Nixon in 1960, plus by Season 4 she's seeing someone working for Rockefeller. Best guess here.
Henry Francis: Rockefeller - Duh! Works for Governor Rockefeller and later "the Congressman", John Lindsay running for Mayor.
Stan Rizzo: Johnson - He worked for the Johnson campaign, of course.

I should do 1960... Also, apparently the most recent season goes up to '68, so maybe we'll see that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »

It's A Wonderful Life:
Mr. Potter-Republican, probably would enthusiastically support Robert Taft

I always thought that he looked like John Quincy Adams (or the reverse, rather), so it seems like he'd be a Republican in that (and all) era(s). I can just imagine Mr. Potter sitting in JQA's chair in that one photograph (yeah, I know it's not the right word) and instead speaking about thrift in government or something like that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 12:13:12 AM »

Orange is The New Black:

(Obviously the convicts couldn't vote but if they could)
Healy: Romney
Caputo: Strikes me as a moderate hero, probably Obama
Piper: Obama
Alex: Obama
Lorna: Obama
Red: Romney (possibly conservative former Soviet)
Pennsyltucky: I'd say Santorum but she increasingly doesn't seem to buy into the religious sh**t.
Daya: Obama
Mendoza: Obama
Soso: Probably Jill Stein if she isn't just an apolitical Anarchist

I just saw Red earlier today claim that being nice was for cowards and Democrats, so yeah, probably something Republican.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 08:45:45 PM »

Jeb is either a Slytherin who doesn't live up to the expectation of his father or a Hufflepuff of Slytherin blood. Prescott and H.W. were definitely Slytherins. After Dubya though, they might not give Jeb! a bid--even if he is a legacy!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 08:58:47 PM »

Someone on this forum likes to cast him as a "Nixon Republican"--possibly RogueBeaver. What that means in this context, who knows? I guess Kasich (not going to go into an effortpost re: Trump & Nixon).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 05:52:11 AM »

My take on the fresh prince of bel-air

Will: Sanders
Phillip Banks: Clinton (Republican turned voting democrat after Obama.)
Viv Banks: Clinton
Carlton: Cruz
Hillary: Clinton
Ashley: Sanders
Jazz: Sanders
Vy Smith: Clinton

Geoffry: Labour (Considers himself to be of the working class.)

Been a while since I was in a hotel and unable to find any other TV shows playing besides Fresh Prince at 11:30 AM on a Saturday morning, but... Wasn't Carlton some smarmy nerdy f#ck? Makes more sense to have him go Kasich or *shudder* Rubio. That said, this is the California primary, so one could see a scenario where he's part of some last ditch #NeverTrump bullsh#t and votes Cruz, but that seems like the only viable way of doing that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 12:32:56 PM »

just finished the first season of The Legend of Korra I'll try to do my best with it.

Korra - Populist, anti-establishment liberal
Asami - Very close to pure independent. Elitist leans of her upbringing make her Lean R
Mako - Pragmatic independent, lean R because more agreement with "tougher" social policy
Bolin - Center-leftist, pretty establishment
Tenzin - Centrist, socially liberal with moderate economics. More concerned with keeping things together than anything.
Lin Beifong - Solid conservative

Did you purchase the DVD’s, or...?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies