RPP Primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:05:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  RPP Primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RPP Primary  (Read 1084 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2011, 04:59:04 PM »

ZuWo
TJ in Cleve
Cinci
Duke
afleitch
MO Politico

In terms of the US. Discuss with maps
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 05:49:39 PM »

Pretty much only ZuWo and TJ would stand a chance with this GOP primary base.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 06:14:31 PM »

TJ in Cleve, despite relative newcomer status, takes it in Iowa. Moderates/Libertarians might be able to hold the line in New Hampshire with Cincinnatus, but TJ then proceeds to take the vast majority of states.

This is perhaps being too kind to Cincinnatus who, by the way, stays in one primary date past Super Tuesday before dropping out.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »

This is perhaps being too kind to Cincinnatus who, by the way, stays in one primary date past Super Tuesday before dropping out.

Never!  I'm that crazy third party candidate who won't surrender..

Pretty much only ZuWo and TJ would stand a chance with this GOP primary base.

This is obviously right.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 06:20:48 PM »

In whatever alternate universe I was running against ZuWo for the GOP nomination, I could see myself immediately take out a bunch of anti-gun control ads pointed at ZuWo and ZuWo take out anti-immigration ads pointed at me.

Of the others in this, Cinci would certainly scare me the most. He'd probably get the Tea Party vote.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 06:25:09 PM »

In whatever alternate universe I was running against ZuWo for the GOP nomination, I could see myself immediately take out a bunch of anti-gun control ads pointed at ZuWo and ZuWo take out anti-immigration ads pointed at me.

Of the others in this, Cinci would certainly scare me the most. He'd probably get the Tea Party vote.

You mean the anti-gay, anti-progressive taxation, anti-anything government party?  I don't think so.  They'd view me as a RINO as soon as the next Limbaugh show came on.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 09:33:06 AM »

Funny idea. Wink

Despite being a social conservative, I would certainly get slaughtered because of my anti death penalty and pro gun control stances in a potential primary. On the other hand, Duke, afleitch and MOPolitico, and, to a lesser extent, Cincinnatus, are too liberal to have a shot at the nomination. So I only see TJ as the winner of such a primary, it would be a clean sweep.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 10:05:44 AM »

Funny idea. Wink

Despite being a social conservative, I would certainly get slaughtered because of my anti death penalty and pro gun control stances in a potential primary. On the other hand, Duke, afleitch and MOPolitico, and, to a lesser extent, Cincinnatus, are too liberal to have a shot at the nomination. So I only see TJ as the winner of such a primary, it would be a clean sweep.

I don't think the death penalty would end up mattering very much and FTR I also oppose it. It's mainly a state issue anyway. If we were running against each other I would need to make the conversation as much about guns as possible. That would be the issue that dooms you because most US social conservatives are virulently pro-gun. Of course, you could give me problems over immigration in a well-run campaign. Still, being pro-gun control would likely doom you.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 10:37:59 AM »

Funny idea. Wink

I don't think the death penalty would end up mattering very much and FTR I also oppose it. It's mainly a state issue anyway. If we were running against each other I would need to make the conversation as much about guns as possible. That would be the issue that dooms you because most US social conservatives are virulently pro-gun. Of course, you could give me problems over immigration in a well-run campaign. Still, being pro-gun control would likely doom you.

Politically unwise as I am, I would of course not keep my mouth shut about my views on the death penalty and gun control. I would want to make the death penalty a federal rather than a state issue (very much like abortion) and try to outlaw it in the entire country - this would definitely break my neck.
Given your stances on immigration, you would also run into trouble. But at the end of the day I think you would be the lesser of the two "evils" for many conservative voters. Or a moderate to center-right candidate like Cincy could benefit from the fact that you and me are somewhat unconventional conservatives and win if he focused on fiscal issues.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 01:57:52 PM »

TJ/TJ, easily.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »

alfeitch but he won't win.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »

Add in Yank and Rowan Brandon to split the conservative vote a little more.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 06:54:53 PM »

Duke-Red
Yankee-Grey
TJ- Blue
ZuWo-Green

Cinci- Endorses Yankee
afleitch- Endorses Duke
MO Politico- Endorses Duke
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 04:00:29 PM »

A-Bob, I see why I could carry Kentucky (it's my fictional home state, after all). But why on earth should I win in parts of the Northeast, Nevada, Michigan and Wisconsin? Did you toss a dice to decide what candidate wins in what state? Tongue
I see Yankee, as a Southerner, carry the Southern states and TJ as the probably most appealing conservative carry the largest chunk of states. What is your reasoning behind the states that go for Duke, for example? Don't get me wrong, it's a nice map. Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 10:27:53 PM »

A-Bob, I see why I could carry Kentucky (it's my fictional home state, after all). But why on earth should I win in parts of the Northeast, Nevada, Michigan and Wisconsin? Did you toss a dice to decide what candidate wins in what state? Tongue
I see Yankee, as a Southerner, carry the Southern states and TJ as the probably most appealing conservative carry the largest chunk of states. What is your reasoning behind the states that go for Duke, for example? Don't get me wrong, it's a nice map. Wink

I figured you'd compete well in the rust belt for being generally extremely conservative except for a few social issues, that would also play best in NE besides Duke who'd obviously have an upper hand.

Nevada is really a toss-up. Could be anyone's. Technically it should go to Duke, because if his campaign lost Iowa, New Hampshire, SC, NV, Florida, CO, ME and then finally won AZ...idk how he'd make it to AZ.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 10:35:45 PM »

TJ v NCYankee v Duke v Cinci
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp