"The emergence of the Frankfurt Group has turned back the democratic clock"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:40:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  "The emergence of the Frankfurt Group has turned back the democratic clock"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "The emergence of the Frankfurt Group has turned back the democratic clock"  (Read 1444 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2011, 01:37:58 PM »

Interesting comment piece posted without comment:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/economics-blog/2011/nov/08/euro-papandreou-berlusconi-bailout-debt
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »

Yeah, that's why the "solutions" to the problems of the eurozone aren't actually.

The EU left doesn't get economics and the EU right doesn't get democracy. It's rather depressing.

(I guess you could make the reverse case as well though, to be picky)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 05:20:05 PM »

The EU left doesn't get economics and the EU right doesn't get democracy. It's rather depressing.

Neo-liberalism is not a natural law, Gustaf.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 05:20:52 PM »

Would you like a pat on the head?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 07:40:24 PM »

Sure, gustaf, if you can't refute my point, that'll be the next best thing.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 07:42:28 PM »

Sure, gustaf, if you can't refute my point, that'll be the next best thing.

What point?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 07:52:30 PM »

Your reading comprehension seems to be very poor, Gustaf.  Your claim that the left 'doesn't understand economics' is dubious, because after all they may simply prefer other economic arrangements than the dominant one that you seem to love, which has caused the economic crisis in Europe and throughout the world, and which I mentioned by name above.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »

Your reading comprehension seems to be very poor, Gustaf.  Your claim that the left 'doesn't understand economics' is dubious, because after all they may simply prefer other economic arrangements than the dominant one that you seem to love, which has caused the economic crisis in Europe and throughout the world, and which I mentioned by name above.

Oh no, I got that. I can thus only refer to my above comments.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 07:57:47 PM »

Yeah, that's why the "solutions" to the problems of the eurozone aren't actually.

Many of the 'solutions' imposed so far have made things worse already, so... yeah...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 08:00:14 PM »

Yes, you have no argument, so you misbehave, and petulantly too!  Did you also sigh and roll your eyes when you were in those bad bad dum professor's classes that you were so much smarter than?  Maybe a girl saw you and realized how smart you were!  That would be even better than another pimply prick applauding you on this sausage-forum.  But basically the same..
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 08:02:12 PM »

Many of the 'solutions' imposed so far have made things worse already, so... yeah...

Yup!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »

Well what are the chances that Mario Monti has the 'guts' to take Italy back to its own sovereign money? 0.2%? I suppose the first step would be to announce temporary capital controls, say on a Friday night, followed by the final announcement by Sunday night.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 08:05:46 PM »

Yes, you have no argument, so you misbehave, and petulantly too!  Did you also sigh and roll your eyes when you were in those bad bad dum professor's classes that you were so much smarter than?  Maybe a girl saw you and realized how smart you were!  That would be even better than another pimply prick applauding you on this sausage-forum.  But basically the same..

I have nothing to argue against.

And you're beginning to froth at the mouth with all this delight over your cute taunts. It's hardly becoming of a gentleman of your education.

I think impressing a girl in my class with my smarts is certainly better than posting myself into the comedy goldmine to impress the "pimply pricks" on the Atlas. But then again, that's just me .
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 08:09:03 PM »

I think impressing a girl in my class with my smarts is certainly better than posting myself into the comedy goldmine to impress the "pimply pricks" on the Atlas. But then again, that's just me .

Actually I normally put my posts in there manually when I'm afraid they might get deleted by the hitlers, but touché.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies