Gustaf vs. jmfcst (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:38:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Gustaf vs. jmfcst (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Gustaf vs. jmfcst
Gustaf/Gustaf

Gustaf/jmfcst

jmfcst/Gustaf

jmfcst/jmfcst

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Gustaf vs. jmfcst  (Read 4150 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: November 08, 2011, 12:43:41 PM »

At the rate you are going BRTD, you may end up dumping opebo for jmfcst, and hurting opebo's feelings.  

ไม่ฉันมี หัวใจเย็น

And I don't mean that in a zen or Buddhist kind of way - more a reptilian kind of way.  And I still function at about an 70% level as a human.  I recommend it to anyone.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 05:36:58 PM »

Gustaf, stop badgering BRTD for having taste.  The fact is no one likes your adolescent arrogance, why should they?  Mr. 'getting revenge on his teachers'. Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 07:45:04 PM »

Jmf at least has a sense of humor.

It's interesting how I developed this reputation on here. I suspect it is mostly that people who are being perfectly serious like to take refuge behind the defense of others having no sense of humour when they get beaten. Sort of like sexual harassers often do.

You think people find you a humorless bore because you're so clever?  Well, see, that is part of being a humorless bore, gustaf.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »

Jmf at least has a sense of humor.

It's interesting how I developed this reputation on here. I suspect it is mostly that people who are being perfectly serious like to take refuge behind the defense of others having no sense of humour when they get beaten. Sort of like sexual harassers often do.

You think people find you a humorless bore because you're so clever?  Well, see, that is part of being a humorless bore, gustaf.

This is a good example of what I realize may be an attempt at humour which is, however, sadly deficient. It's odd, since you seem to have decent taste in humour when it comes to film and literature.

No, it wasn't an attempt at humor at all.  You really are a person who has difficulties with humor and 'getting along with others', and I was attempting to point out one aspect of this - this continual insistence on being 'clever' or having to one-up others, when in fact your a run-of-the-mill grind.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 08:16:33 PM »

I guess I might be a bit arrogant though. Almost as if I was constantly praising my own wit on an internet forum without any proper basis for it.

Come on, now, its a popular notion on this forum that I'm a witty and amusing fellow, don't you know?  But honestly I love humor for its own sake, not for the accolades (after all they're not from people I actually know, so it doesn't mean all that much).  To be honest my conversations here are sometimes a little less conducive to wit because the English level, while good enough for communication, doesn't seem to transmit humor as well.  That said, my proudest moments here have been when I say something witty enough in Thai to get a table of them laughing, and I have done so quite a few times.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »

If I were you I'd direct my effort to trying to impress some people you meet in real life.

Done already, Gustaf, effortlessly.  That is, if they're persons of discerning taste.  Of course I also brown-nose heavily, but that's different.  Do you say 'brown-nose' in Sweden?  Its one of my favorites, and hands-down the most well-received of the slangs I have imparted to my Thai friends.

I recommend reading the Reginald stories by Saki. Good inspiration in them, I'd say. 

Also done already, in my teens, Gustaf.   But a fine suggestion - I suggest you share it with your peers.  I'm old and well-read already.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 04:33:58 AM »

I am sharing the Saki stories with people I know in real life.

Cool.  As for me I also love Evelyn Waugh, Somerset Maugham, P.G. Wodehouse (now don't make fun, he is funny), Baron Berners, Ronald Firbank, and even a bit of Kingsley Amis.

I'm thinking of something that is very similar in style to Saki, but I just can't remember it.. anyone?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies