20RP12/Pingvin: Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:41:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  20RP12/Pingvin: Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Poll
Question: 20RP12 For Senate?
Yes Cheesy

No Sad

Maybe Squinting

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: 20RP12/Pingvin: Announcement  (Read 17332 times)
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2011, 09:15:35 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2012, 06:33:01 PM by Remember Teddy »

University of Pennsylvania Campus, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Friends,

I'm glad to have you all gathered here today for my announcement. Now, I haven't leaked many details, but I can assure you that it is important. But first, I'd like to bring around a concept on which I have based almost my entire political career on; Leadership. When I first ran for office in Atlasia, I was eager to help in the Northeast in any way possible and I did, I introduced countless legislation and even became speaker of the Northeast Assembly at one point. Then, my time came. The Northeast had an inactive Governor and in coordination with right and left wingers alike, we nearly recalled him. Unfortunately, our efforts were too close to election day, so it was superfluous to even try. But the Governor was not re-elected, thankfully. Instead, I was elected. I screwed up in my past and it came back to bite me, so I had to resign. It was one of the toughest things I've ever done. I never wanted to make people mistrust me. The decision was made so Northeasterners would have leadership they could trust and that wasn't me at the time. I couldn't lead the region being the political pariah that I was. My decision was intended to help the Northeast, not hurt it. My decision worked wonders for the region, ironically. Governor Winfield did far better than I could have ever expected or wished and I thank him for his service to the region. But today, I'm ready to ask for forgiveness and redemption. Because today, I am announcing that I am running for At-Large Senate. Now, I know I need help from all the regions on this one, but I have faith in my base here in the Northeast. I will be touring throughout the country, but right here at home is what'll make or break the election. I thank you all for coming out. Spread the message and have a wonderful day!

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:14:32 PM »

As usual, I'll probably offer my "valuable" and "influential" endorsement.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 02:28:52 AM »

Just to be clear, so people don't get confused- you are running in the election in December, and not in the special election for Snowguy's seat against Nathan and Cincinnatus.  Correct?
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 08:03:26 AM »

Just to be clear, so people don't get confused- you are running in the election in December, and not in the special election for Snowguy's seat against Nathan and Cincinnatus.  Correct?

Correct.

As usual, I'll probably offer my "valuable" and "influential" endorsement.

All endorsements are valuable Cheesy
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »

Friends,

I have introduced a bill in the Northeast Assembly that would decriminalize music piracy within the region. I am proud of this bill and if elected to the Senate, I will introduce similar legislation. Here's to liberty!
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »

I made you a campaign sign

20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 07:22:45 PM »

i'm running 4 senate Sad

but tnx<3
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 08:03:28 PM »

Fixd
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 06:24:29 AM »

Cheesy
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 07:49:54 PM »

Friends,

I endorsed Cincinnatus for Senate yesterday. I feel he'll be a great addition to the Senate. He's a principled, hard worker and I consider him a friend of mine. Vote for him! Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 07:53:32 PM »

Friends,

I endorsed Cincinnatus for Senate yesterday. I feel he'll be a great addition to the Senate. He's a principled, hard worker and I consider him a friend of mine. Vote for him! Tongue

Payed for by Citizens to elect Cincinnatus Wink
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 08:01:32 PM »

Friends,

Payed for by Citizens to elect Cincinnatus Wink

Shhhh just make the check out to "20RP12 for Senate" Wink
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 09:27:11 PM »

Glad you like it. I'll make a series of posters for you using this as the base for a logo.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 09:51:20 PM »

20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 06:29:43 AM »

That's fantastic! Cheesy
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 09:57:15 AM »

Columbus, OH, Ohio State University

I'm so glad to be joined by Atlasians young and old today. Thank you all! I'm running for Senate because I want to see results. I want to hear progress being made, not rhetoric being spewed. As Senator, I will actively participate in debates, as well as propose legislation as often as possible. I will also listen to questions and concerns voiced by citizens all over the country. I'll even write legislation that citizens want to see written, regardless of whether or not I agree with it. I will be the people's Senator. I can assure you that I will be an active leader. My track record back in the Northeast shows that I am not lying when I say that. So when you go to vote in December, ask yourself: Do you want a leader or do you want a politician? Thank you!
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 06:26:14 AM »

Upcoming stops:

11/11 Detroit, MI
11/12 Indianapolis, IN
11/14 Nashville, TN
11/15 Atlanta, GA
11/16 Orlando, FL
11/18 New Orleans, LA
11/19 Dallas, TX
11/20 Oklahoma City, OK
11/21 St. Louis, MO
11/22 Chicago, IL
11/23 Madison, WI
11/24 Minneapolis, MN
11/26 Lincoln, NE
11/28 Denver, CO
11/30 Boise, ID
12/1 Seattle, WA
12/2 Sacramento, CA
12/3 San Francisco, CA
12/4 Oakland, CA
12/5 Los Angeles, CA
12/6 Phoenix, AZ
12/7 Las Vegas, NV
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 05:45:54 PM »

Detroit, MI

Audience member: What are your thoughts on the Occupy Atlasia movements?

20RP12: -chuckle- I knew I was gonna get this question. I think Occupy is a sign that people are fed up with Government, but they aren't correctly allocating their anger. Instead of protesting businesses, they should be protesting the Government. Some of the Occupy protesters argue that the big banks fund the Government via lobbying and whatnot, so why not get mad at the Government as well? If I put $100 in your hand right now and told you that you're going to do as I say, would you accept it? You have the choice whether or not to. So, no. I don't "support" Occupy per se, but I agree with some of their reasons for protesting.

Audience member: Here in Detroit the economy is suffering due to failed economic policy. If elected Senator, what will you do to make sure that not only Detroit rebounds economically, but every struggling Atlasian city rebounds economically?

20RP12: Well I think, ultimately, it comes down to tax cuts. Obviously I'm a firm believer that Government is less trustworthy with people's money than people are. So I think giving people more money to spend will stimulate the economy more than Government spending ever could. I'd also like to see cuts in wasteful spending on the Federal level. Less Government is better Government as I say -chuckles-

Audience Member: You're coming off as a bit of a right-winger today. How do you expect to win the left-leaning and Independent vote with rhetoric like this?

20RP12: Well I don't consider myself to be a "right-winger." I consider myself an Atlasian. I think we all do. Right? -chuckles- I mean, some left-wingers and Independents wouldn't agree that tax cuts are the right way to go, but I'm willing to sit down with them and see what their ideas are. I'm all about bi-partisanship. So frankly, my politics don't matter. I'm not representative of JCP values or RPP values or even Silly Party values, I'm representative of Atlasian values and I think voters will see that come time to vote.

Audience Member: Do you have the experience to be an At-large Senator? You've only served so many terms in the Northeast Assembly and you were Governor of the region for a few days, tops. Do you have enough experience?

20RP12: One could say that I don't. But I think I've proven that I'm enough of a leader to be trusted in this position. I've proposed plenty of legislation, I've been Speaker of the Assembly, I helped lead the charge to recall an inactive Governor, then I became Governor. What happened afterward I won't be discussing, but I think I have a pretty lengthy resume for someone my age.

That's all for today guys, thanks for coming out! Spread the word! God Bless you all!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 12:24:39 AM »

I'm impressed with your answers.

the questions weren't bad either Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 10:08:08 AM »

You were in Detroit on Veterans' Day! Why didn't you swing by my office?
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 10:13:32 AM »

You were in Detroit on Veterans' Day! Why didn't you swing by my office?

Shoot I knew there was something else I needed to do Sad
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 10:18:36 AM »

I'm impressed with your answers.

the questions weren't bad either Smiley

Thanks! Cheesy
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 03:26:55 PM »

Indianapolis, IN

Audience member: You were Governor of the Northeast for a few days before abruptly resigning. Before the election, you promised that you'd be a leader and gave the impression that you'd serve out your term. How can you be trusted again when you're running on the same platform with the same rhetoric?

20RP12: Oh boy, not this question. -chuckles- Look, I'm not going into details, but something was uncovered about me that put pressure on me to resign. I didn't want to lie to the people of the Northeast Region and act like everything was okay when it wasn't. Now, everything is okay. The matter has been resolved and I'm more ready to lead now than ever. Trust is important and I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

Audience member: You talk a lot about how you want to reduce the size of Government, yet you've never formally proposed a plan to do that. Do you have a plan in mind or are you just saying pretty words to attract a larger base?

20RP12: I absolutely have a plan in mind. In the Northeast Region, about 5 or 6 people can serve in the Assembly at one time. I want to see legislation proposed to fix that problem by setting the official number of Representatives able to serve at once at 4. That way, you have a small number of Representatives. In the event of the tie, the Governor may break the tie. So that way, you have a more efficient working Government with less members.

Audience member: You tend to talk highly a lot of left-wing candidates throughout Atlasia but you never vote for any. Why is that?

20RP12: I make friends with both left and right wingers throughout Atlasia and I tend to vote for more Right wing candidates because that's who matches my ideology more. But again, I'm very willing to compromise. The Speaker of the Northeast Assembly at the moment is a left winger, Scott. I've worked with left wingers such as Napoleon, Homelycooking, Snowstalker, Nathan and the like and they're all wonderful people. I just tend to vote for candidates that match my views more than ones that don't.

Audience member: Hypothetical question: If you were to run for President, who would you pick as your VP?

20RP12: -chuckles- I guess my shortlist would include Shua, Mechaman, Cathcon, Napoleon, PiT, Teddy, Chairman Sanchez and Kalwejt. Pretty long for a short list. -chuckles-

Well, that's all everyone. Thanks for coming out! Spread the message!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »

You chuckle a lot.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 05:59:37 PM »

Yes, but he mentioned me on his short list so that makes up for it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies