2011 Election Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:42:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2011 Election Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2011 Election Results Thread  (Read 35892 times)
Wonkish1

« on: November 09, 2011, 02:12:15 AM »

Does anyone have any links that show the real-time election results for the Mississippi legislature?  Because it seems clear that the Mississippi SOS has no intention of providing it.  
--------------------

'Kay, I found what I was looking for, more or less.

Here is what I've been using...
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2011/by_state/MS_State_House_1108.html?SITE=WMPNFMELN&SECTION=POLITICS
Wonkish1

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 02:25:53 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2011, 02:28:30 AM by Wonkish1 »

Went into tonight knowing SB 5 was going down, Beshear winning, and Bryant winning.

So for me there were 3, maybe 4 things I wanted and were quite possible.

1) Virginia Senate--Cared about that the absolute control of all houses in Virginia and is way more valuable to me than the remaining 3 items.

2) Mississippi House--Looking pretty damn good so far

3) Iowa State Senate--To bad!

4) Cutting the Dem majorities in the NJ chambers by a few members--Didn't happen, but isn't as valuable as the top 3 items

So I'll say that I'm quite content so far, and if the GOP pulls the MS house I turn to very happy.

Otherwise issue 3 in Ohio was at least somewhat interesting in regards to the 2012 election, but I'm already quite sure Obama will lose Ohio anyway so I didn't really care. Of course I'm not happy that SB 5 is over, but for me I had my disappointment several months ago when it made it on the Ballot because I knew it would be thrown out.
Wonkish1

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 03:00:42 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2011, 03:12:39 AM by Wonkish1 »

For those that want an update on Mississippi.

Currently GOP Is Up From Dem

Currently GOP Has Won From Dem

Currently Close Dem Leads on Dem Seat

Currently Dem Up from GOP

Currently Dem win on from GOP

Currently Close GOP Leads on GOP Seat

I should point that most of the ones that have the particular side up on the other are like 100% reporting with like a 3-6% spread...I don't know why they are calling them yet.

There are also a couple races where the results appear to not be coming in at all.

Based on what I'm seeing here the absolute spread is probably GOP +6 to +11(counting 1 of 2 of the races that have no results).

Its looking like its going to be +7 to +9 which would result in the GOP picking up the house(in the case of 7 you have Reeves(R) as tie breaker).
Wonkish1

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 11:35:59 AM »

Update here:

It looks like the GOP has taken the Mississippi house taking complete control of the government. For some reason they haven't called a bunch of races with all the precincts in and 4%+ spreads. There is still 1 D seat that hasn't had a single vote get posted yet.

But the number looks like its going to be GOP +9 plus or minus 1. Since 7 was all that was needed to take defacto control of the house I'd say the GOP has pulled it off.

I'm very pleased with last nights results that's all I can say. The two things I wanted most were Virginia and Mississippi and I got them. Iowa was a let down.
Wonkish1

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 12:38:37 PM »

Torie you seem to have looked up the previous numbers from Alcorn county. Are we to expect anything remotely close in District 2(nothing reporting yet)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies