It's happened.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:25:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  It's happened.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: It's happened.  (Read 5897 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2011, 10:23:55 PM »

I'll take a pass on watching. I'm way over being naive about the unsettling intersection of religion and politics. And it's just as bad on the other side with the Blacks and the Democrats. Still think it's supremely unprofessional and more generally shows a culture of bad judgment by churches. Speaking of what makes you guys look bad. Ideally either side should be investigated and subsequently pounded mercilessly by the IRS. Granted, that's never going to happen, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking by it.

Bachmann made an overtly religious and asinine comment regarding another candidate's position, so it was entirely appropriate for my pastor to comment, esp since his sermon was dealing with the mark of the beast
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2011, 02:25:37 AM »

I expect Gingrich will lose in the general election easily, but Republicans don't care much for electability.

I don't expect Gingrich to win, but I don't expect him to get creamed, either. One of his biggest assets is that he's a well-known figure from "happier times." Some people don't like him, but enough time has passed to really soften the hatred.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2011, 05:12:15 AM »

I dunno guys, I think its easy to buy into the Gingrich hype, especially with skyrocketing favorables. But I just don't believe that he has the discipline to remain a front runner for very long.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2011, 06:06:35 AM »

I expect Gingrich will lose in the general election easily, but Republicans don't care much for electability.

I don't expect Gingrich to win, but I don't expect him to get creamed, either. One of his biggest assets is that he's a well-known figure from "happier times." Some people don't like him, but enough time has passed to really soften the hatred.

Oh sure. I should've been more specific. I don't think Gingrich will lose in a landslide by any means, but I don't get the feeling that Gingrich will be a candidate that will give Obama a run for his money, barring something horrible. I get the sense that Gingrich being the nominee means an Obama victory being almost certain, but isn't huge, either, in contrast to Romney, who I think would certainly stand a good chance of beating Obama.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2011, 06:52:39 AM »

First Bachmann.

Then Perry.

Then Cain.

Now Gingrich.

Next month Santorum.

I guess by January, every GOP candidate will have been "consumed".
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2011, 11:50:02 PM »

You mean to tell me in 2012 , in 20motherf**ing12,   the best the republicans can do Newt Freaking Gingrich?

Let me guess Trent Lott is gonna be his VP...lol.

Then they can both chuckle about America would have been so  much better had ole Strom Thurmond been elected President.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2011, 01:15:35 AM »

If we're digging up the political grave: Newt/Zombie Jesse Helms
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2011, 01:20:48 AM »

You mean to tell me in 2012 , in 20motherf**ing12,   the best the republicans can do Newt Freaking Gingrich?

seems so at this point in time.  I'm not too thrilled with Newt myself, but the GOP corps were decimated in '06 and '08.  this is why governor races matter.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies