Is Massachusetts not that liberal/progressive? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:41:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Massachusetts not that liberal/progressive? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What do you think?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Is Massachusetts not that liberal/progressive?  (Read 7897 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: November 12, 2011, 12:08:50 PM »

Of course Massachusetts isn't that liberal. People didn't know this already?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 12:11:14 PM »

Facts don't matter to propagandists.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »

If you look at just the Anglo population, after Vermont (and DC but I'm not counting that), would not Massachusetts be in the hunt for the number two slot as to its liberalness/progressiveness?  Sure a few other states would be competitors (Hawaii and WA come to mind), but MA might have an edge.

Forgetting about the white working class, and just focusing on your class, eh? Tongue

I think the west coast is more liberal than MA, but I'm talking about social liberalism. Socal is about the same though. The bay area, Portland, Seattle and a bunch of areas of the coastal west are more liberal.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 01:04:17 PM »

If you look at just the Anglo population, after Vermont (and DC but I'm not counting that), would not Massachusetts be in the hunt for the number two slot as to its liberalness/progressiveness?  Sure a few other states would be competitors (Hawaii and WA come to mind), but MA might have an edge.

Forgetting about the white working class, and just focusing on your class, eh? Tongue

I think the west coast is more liberal than MA, but I'm talking about social liberalism. Socal is about the same though. The bay area, Portland, Seattle and a bunch of areas of the coastal west are more liberal.

I guess I was focusing more on voting patterns. And sure some portions of some states are more liberal among Anglos obviously. But statewide overall?

Washington, Oregon and Hawaii (if we aren't counting DC) would be more socially liberal. Socal and the central valley screws it all up for California, but it would still be nearly even with MA.

Overall voting pattern, MA and WA would be about the same. Could probably throw in MN into that mix as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies