Civil War in Syria (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:03:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Civil War in Syria (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Civil War in Syria  (Read 207396 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 27, 2011, 10:44:28 PM »

Why is everyone so lackadaisical about Syria as opposed to Libya for which we have at least 90 pages dedicated to it with almost constant updates?  Is it really that boring a topic?  Or is it because the United States isn't directly engaged (at least, not yet) with fighter jets assisting the Free Syrian Army?
The last part is probably right, when the jets start blowing up Syrian tanks, then the bits will start flying.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »

But they are a giant pain in the ass.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 01:02:13 AM »

Other than sell him tanks and tear gas.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 07:58:48 AM »

I had read on another message board that Assad was moving every spare tank, chopper, rifle and round to the west coast in the hopes of maintaining an Alawite state after Syria as a unit collapses.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »

I really don't see how the "end of the Bashar Al Assad Regime" is "in sight" right now.

It appears that Assad regime will slaughter few more thousands and regain control. There will be a loud outrage abroad, some time of isolation, and then, in few years, we'll see total normalization in foreign relations.

So typical story, isn't it?
Indeed.  Some people aren't worth saving it seems.  Yeah, yeah, an attack might kill thousands (mostly bastards loyal to Assad) and would be horrible....as if leaving him in power is somehow less horrible.  But the pansies can feel safe in knowing they stopped another dreaded invasion of a foreign land by the warmongering West. Roll Eyes
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 11:51:18 PM »

Erdogan may invoke NATO's Article 5
You must be logged in to read this quote.
If we're gonna do something, the sooner the better.  If we're going to sit around with our thumbs up our collective butts we should probably start coming up with some good excuses to tell our grandkids why we let this play itself out.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 06:43:28 AM »

Good....'bout freaking time.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 12:53:43 AM »

Syrian pilot defects after landing in Jordan
 link
Lets hope (or pray if you're into that kind of thing) he has no family or that they are already out of the country.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 11:43:59 PM »

Turkey sends military convoys toward Syrian border
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 12:33:40 PM »

Syrian military at start of crisis numbered ~300,000 people.  Turkey is estimating that over the past year a full 30k of those have either defected or deserted.

Still leaves 270K plus any expansion Assad may have done.
From what I've read elsewhere, the vast majority are confined to barracks for fear they will go home or to the other side.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 08:21:18 PM »

Classy fellow!
You can really taste the irony here.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 08:41:04 AM »

Great news!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 02:55:31 AM »

One of the rumors is that the defense minister and deputy were killed by someone on the inside (possibly one of their own security guards), because the thinking is that it would have taken someone on the inside to get that close to them.

I don't see how it could be otherwise.  It has inside job written all over it.

Question of the day: does Assad A. take his chances in Damascus, B. retreat to Lattakia and prepare to continue the fight on friendly ground, or C. take the next flight to Moscow and call it quits?
There is rumor that Assad has in fact fled to Lattakia and that the Army is redistributing their Scuds and topping them with mustard gas.  In slightly more concrete news, Jordan is deploying German owned (but US built and with our approval) Patriot missile defense systems to protect themselves....and (wait for it).....Israel from possible Syrian missile attacks.

cite
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 09:46:28 AM »

Yeah, it seems that Syria as we knew it is done.  Good riddance.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 03:14:24 AM »

And even more good news, Iran Quds Force Commander Killed in Damascus blast link
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 12:34:11 AM »

yes people dying is always good news.  if more people died everything would be solved.
Yes, that's exactly what I said. Roll Eyes  Your idiocy is extra high tonight, there a reason?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 12:39:05 AM »

Israel may seize advanced weapons in Syria
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 12:56:09 AM »

Which is funny, because they've always claimed they didn't have them.  link
Of course the rest of the world put their fingers in their ears and said "nah nah nah, I can't hear you, nah nah nah".
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 01:35:05 AM »

What do you mean?  That they don't have Chem and Bio weapons? (they certainly do) or that they wouldn't use them in this situation?...but then why have them?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 02:04:40 AM »

What do you mean?  That they don't have Chem and Bio weapons? (they certainly do) or that they wouldn't use them in this situation?...but then why have them?

Has this been confirmed by international inspectors, or do they have them in the same sense that Saddam Hussein "had" them? (in a desperate bluff to thwart another Iranian invasion)
I suppose it's possible, I seriously doubt it though.  Of course neither of us have any skin in the game.  Those that do should take the threat seriously though....no?  I'm guessing you wouldn't care if some of it fell into the hands of the Hezzys, but I'm sure those living in Tel Aviv and Beirut do though.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 11:48:57 AM »

Have any mainstream news outlets picked this story up?  Because I have looked at the Washington Post and New York Times, and neither is carrying it.  Nor is Reuters.  Must be a non-conspiratorial reason why they haven't.  Perhaps the respectable publications doubt this story's veracity as I do. 

No, because mainstream media is a bunch of pigdog imperialists.  The only reliable sources are RT and Syrian state television.
Yeah, about that.
It seems they (the media) were right the first time.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »

Iran’s Hizbullah sends more troops to help Assad storm Aleppo, fight Sunnis

Meanwhile, Iran TV: 48 Iranians kidnapped in Syria
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 11:03:41 PM »

Maybe, but I don't like to jump to the false flag conclusion without a bit of proof, even if it is a lying, sh**tty state that would totally do something like that.

..and there is already more than a few Iranians fighting there, and that's not counting the Hezzys.

On that subject, it's probably good in the long run for Lebanon that the most experienced fighters are leaving their home to go die in Syria.  Maybe when all the sh**t settles, all the Xtians will leave Syria, settle in Lebanon and bring their numbers back to their historical rates.

...of course that could likely lead to another civil war in that country, which wouldn't be good for anybody (except for those selling old military gear).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 11:22:22 PM »

Perhaps I didn't use my words very good there.  I'm certainly not advocating ethnic cleansing of anybody.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 05:34:45 AM »

The FSA is now saying that the 48 Iranian "hostages" are actually Revolutionary Guards.  link
In the same article, it mentions that Syria's first astronaut has left the regime, visited the rebels and then went to Turkey.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies