Liberals On Here Care To Respond?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:40:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Liberals On Here Care To Respond?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Liberals On Here Care To Respond?  (Read 17391 times)
BigSkyBob

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2011, 12:16:26 AM »

Last night when I saw this, I was initially going to post on it and give a big lecture about how weak and childish it is to paint the other side with a broad brush and stuff, but I decided not to because it looked too stupid for it to be worth it.  I can't believe this abomination has reached 11 pages in less than 24 hours.

Where exactly did I paint an entire side with a broad brush? People added that to my post, I didn't say that.

From what I read, you seemed to have been expecting every liberal on the forum to either apologize for or defend the actions of one man, implying that this guy speaks for us all.

And, from what I read, he did none of these things, and, you are assigning to him strawman motivations to argue ad hominem against him.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2011, 12:29:48 AM »

Well, it doesn't really matter what the intended purpose was if it's universally received differently, does it?

1) It wasn't "universally received." I, for one, did not receive it that way.

2) The logic is totally specious.

3) The notion that taking a collective decision to react like a pouting child somehow has intellectual power is itself offensive.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is blaming the victim. It was other posters that questioned his motives. They are the ones that personalized it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wasn't obvious to me.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2011, 12:52:41 AM »

I noticed there was another tweet from John Hill, one of the "A-list" producers, congratulating you on the incident getting press coverage. That tweet also was removed.

...Garrett declined to wait for physical evidence services — or PES — which means police weren’t able to take photographs or attempt to get fingerprints from the side of the vehicle.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2011, 01:03:31 AM »

I should have done this a long time ago, but considering that 90% of the posts in this thread are useless bickering garbage discussing posters being hacks and not the actual issue presented, I'm locking the thread.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies